Most easy wvw spec in general to learn

Sovereign.1093

Scourge by far. (Cele/trailblazer) If you put the wells on the location requested on demand and put marks and shades where you need them you're already half way there.Ranger is easy but whoever is playing ranger is gimping their server (Greatsword Soulbeast with stance share is likely the most effective variant, but most random rangers are running longbow and autoing)Staff daredevil is probably a close second but the survivability is lower if player positioning is poor ; as in PVE a large part of damage is just autoattacking but in WvW you want VaultPower reaper has a second health bar so it is more forgiving if you can generate life forcekitless DPS gyros scrapper is pretty straightforward as well but because utilities are highly dependent on timing and it's most effective at melee range I would say it isn't the easiest

Spellbreaker you need to deal with positioning more. The heal variant also has to contend with being careful with when they use warhorn skills / Shake it Off so as to not waste cooldowns.Med kit scrapper needs to deal with kits unless you camp med kit all day ; timing is of the essence for cleanses and stealth gyro.Firebrand you need to deal with tomes and also not waste mantras (due to range limitations and possibly using the 3rd charge)Staff heal tempest is only easy if you spam water auto , but to be effective need to time the auras and shouts to remove conditions properlyStaff weaver is not considered easy , it never was unless you just want to spam fireball : positioning and timing are essential and even more so if you use anything outside of fire attunementRevenant you need to deal with energy , upkeep and the buggy CoR pathing. Condi rev has to deal with energy + legend swappingMesmer has never been "easy" in any mode unless you don't make use of shatters whatsoever and don't rely on phantasms/clones for damage

@"Infusion.7149" said:Scourge by far. (Cele/trailblazer) If you put the wells on the location requested on demand and put marks and shades where you need them you're already half way there.Ranger is easy but whoever is playing ranger is gimping their server (Greatsword Soulbeast with stance share is likely the most effective variant, but most random rangers are running longbow and autoing)Staff daredevil is probably a close second but the survivability is lower if player positioning is poor ; as in PVE a large part of damage is just autoattacking but in WvW you want VaultPower reaper has a second health bar so it is more forgiving if you can generate life forcekitless DPS gyros scrapper is pretty straightforward as well but because utilities are highly dependent on timing and it's most effective at melee range I would say it isn't the easiest

Spellbreaker you need to deal with positioning more. The heal variant also has to contend with being careful with when they use warhorn skills / Shake it Off so as to not waste cooldowns.Med kit scrapper needs to deal with kits unless you camp med kit all day ; timing is of the essence for cleanses and stealth gyro.Firebrand you need to deal with tomes and also not waste mantras (due to range limitations and possibly using the 3rd charge)Staff heal tempest is only easy if you spam water auto , but to be effective need to time the auras and shouts to remove conditions properlyStaff weaver is not considered easy , it never was unless you just want to spam fireball : positioning and timing are essential and even more so if you use anything outside of fire attunementRevenant you need to deal with energy , upkeep and the buggy CoR pathing. Condi rev has to deal with energy + legend swappingMesmer has never been "easy" in any mode unless you don't make use of shatters whatsoever and don't rely on phantasms/clones for damage

On rev, isn't hammer 2 like hammer 3 now? Is like a purging flames skill.

In gen, though, isnt hot specs easier?

@"Sovereign.1093" said:

I would probably say yes with the exception of Chrono. Every HoT spec is a little more straight forward than each of their PoF specs but IMO, also more well designed and balanced. Scrapper, Druid and Berserker are the ones that aren't so great design-wise but, I think each of their PoF specs made up for that.

I've done a lot of zerging with Herald and Reaper, two of the classes people have said are the easiest in zergs. In my opinion, Reaper is the easiest spec to zerg with. Although it does require you to know your limits better than some other classes/specs, your only real job is to cleave - create downs and eliminate downs. As long as you're good at picking out the weak points you've pretty much got it mastered.

( 2 minute large scale Reaper POV clip )Notice how often I'm pushing very deep alone but that I don't often take much pressure. From experience I can tell very easily when a zerg will need to recover/regroup at which point I want to be most aggressive. I also want to focus on cleaving out downs or creating downs from players that are lagging behind. Besides that, there isn't much else to do with Reaper but cleave and cleave some more.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:

I would probably say yes with the exception of Chrono. Every HoT spec is a little more straight forward than each of their PoF specs but IMO, also more well designed and balanced. Scrapper, Druid and Berserker are the ones that aren't so great design-wise but, I think each of their PoF specs made up for that.

I've done a lot of zerging with Herald and Reaper, two of the classes people have said are the easiest in zergs. In my opinion, Reaper is the easiest spec to zerg with. Although it does require you to know your limits better than some other classes/specs, your only real job is to cleave - create downs and eliminate downs. As long as you're good at picking out the weak points you've pretty much got it mastered.

( 2 minute large scale Reaper POV clip )Notice how often I'm pushing very deep alone but that I don't often take much pressure. From experience I can tell very easily when a zerg will need to recover/regroup at which point I want to be most aggressive. I also want to focus on cleaving out downs or creating downs from players that are lagging behind. Besides that, there isn't much else to do with Reaper but cleave and cleave some more.

That works.

I'm partial to revs since it's not hard too. Just conscious management of energy

@"Turk.5460" said:If we're talking zerging, necro.

For "Roaming" (you won't be solo/small roaming as a new player probably) - then Longbow glass cannon soulbeast.

ull be nothing as new player on a glass cannon soulbeast..what u mean is glass cannon soulbeast hiding behind ur blob picking off loners from other blob but never put ur self in any danger..

roaming on any glass cannon class will just get u blown off the map.

Hi thereIm pretty new to WvW aswell and i have already read some posts about the latest changes in WvW. So this i another question and maybe offtopic... Would you guys in generel still suggest hammer backline herald for zerging? i have read that it is not that usefull anymore but cant judged it because i dont have enough experience..Thanks already!

@Iroh.9016 said:Hi thereIm pretty new to WvW aswell and i have already read some posts about the latest changes in WvW. So this i another question and maybe offtopic... Would you guys in generel still suggest hammer backline herald for zerging? i have read that it is not that usefull anymore but cant judged it because i dont have enough experience..Thanks already!

Its still good. Having permanent 10 target fury / might is always good.

Especially because all dmg dealer builds always asume they have fury , even if the build doesnt have 100% fury uptime itself.

(You never go over 80% crit chance because fury gives 20%)

Hammer is the problem.

Hammer auto attack is bad because its an projectile, which means you will never hit someone on a competend zerg ( lots of anti projectile skills around)

CoR (skill 2) is your bread and butter but its also bugged as hell. It will take some time to learn to work around the bugs.

Just to name a few problem that weapon has.

All in all a good addition to every zerg but lets hope arenanet fixes the bugs soon.

Juste take a ranger, wield a Long bow, merge with an offensive pet, use sic'em, and there you go.

The secret is : 4, 2 and 1, and you'll deal insane amount of damages from a 1500 range. (if the foe put a reflect, just cancel, wait for your extremely shorts CD, and repeat)

i'm surprised no one else is mentioning rev. I should clarify my earlier post, I specifically mean power herald with hammer. aside from activating glint passives and 1-2 buttons in the other legend, all you do is press 2-3 on ham and that's it. necro at least requires knowledge of when and where to drop bombs, and no, you don't always do it where the commander tells you to cuz a lot of them are bad. so you save them for the second push most times and throw down when the enemy is not double dodging. big lol to ppl claiming reaper is the easiest, anything melee requires a lot more skill then range. my guess is that since rev is somewhat non functional after nerfs and mainly cor bug, its not on peoples qq radar, but most of us remember when it was overperforming to high hell and nothing has changed mechanically except for aforementioned cor bug.

@Theros.1390 said:Juste take a ranger, wield a Long bow, merge with an offensive pet, use sic'em, and there you go.

The secret is : 4, 2 and 1, and you'll deal insane amount of damages from a 1500 range. (if the foe put a reflect, just cancel, wait for your extremely shorts CD, and repeat)

Still broken in WvW.Add some signet of hunt and Sic em and gg.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Theros.1390 said:Juste take a ranger, wield a Long bow, merge with an offensive pet, use sic'em, and there you go.

Still broken in WvW.Add some signet of hunt and Sic em and gg.

I'm ok with the amount of damagesI'm ok with the 1500 rangeI'm just not ok with both together actually.