SAB Glitches?

There's 2 achievements (i think they are new this year?) "Mercy of the Super Adventure" and "Unintended coursework". Well, I did W1 and didn't see any glitched chests at the end of the levels. Maybe I'm blind, but did anyone else find them? Are they hidden, or do you need to do something to make them appear?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Patch Notes:

Seek out strange glitches off the beaten path of each level to add a bonus chest to the level's rewards for a chance to claim these unusual weapons, or buy them at a high price in Bauble Bubbles from the Super Adventure Box Weaponsmith. Tidy up the glitches in each level to earn new achievements and unlock the Mini Super Choya Miner at the Super Adventure Box Trader!

I found the Glitch in W1 too.Another new thing I noticed was near the glitch there is a Choya Miner up on a nearby cliff and a big red crystal..Also looking at the glitch carefully it looks like a crystal cavern type area or something.

Curious stuff but I wonder if the next festival will take us to a crystal cavern area.. maybe W3

Screen of the Choyahttps://imgur.com/0mab6Gy

WARNING: SPOILERS. DO NOT READ THE POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILERED.(I cannot put the text into

tags as they destroy all formatting...)

They work like this:

• You search for a red stalagmite in each level. Sometimes, small miner hats lieing around hint it's in the near or you're on the path there. They're available in any difficulty.
  • You hit it and it makes some small floating platforms appear for a while whose path you follow.
  • At the end of each path is a small portal-like blueish thing you hit.
  • A message will appear. Finishing the zone now adds a small "Glitched Chest" where the zone end chest spawns (once per day per zone). It will always give 1 Continue Coin (AFAIK).

Here are all locations of the stalagmites:

• W1-1: Follow the bees through the small "maze", and on the small hill at its end, turn left and look at an inset wall.
  • W1-2: Right behind the first green water lake (where the gnome notifies you about it tasting "improper"), climb the first tree with the mushroom, then turn right to find the stalagmite resting on an inset wall reachable from the right-most leaf.
  • W1-3: In the last part of the zone with the many crocodiles, there's one to the left leading into a small cave. Follow the path in that cave until you can climb up small roots to reach jumping mushrooms leading up a wide hollow stump (this is same path as to the Villager giving you Moto's Breath, before you drop down to the house). Reaching the top of the stump, turn left and see some Miner Choyas and the stalagmite nearby.
  • W2-1: At the section with the many horizontally floating logs (those going right/left, not those going up/down later), take the first log almost up to the waterfall and turn left to jump onto rocks (the miner hat is seen on one of them). Follow their path up some wall, take a jumping mushroom transporting you onto flowers bumping you over several pillars until you reach a hut (same path as to the Hidden Shop). The stalagmite will be just ahead of that shop.
  • W2-2: Use the shortcut eagle. Afterwards, before triggering the final checkpoint, jump into an abyss to die and respawn in front of the teleporters leading to the Furniture Coin house (first middle, second left). Reach it either by triggering that checkpoint there or with a trampoline and clouds, then go to its left side where the stalagmite will be. The path appearing is far below you leading you around the pillar the shop and checkpoint are built on. You can also use the hard / long route to get here.
  • W2-3: Follow the hard / long path up to the beginning of the section with the many icicles, spiky floor, and push blocks. At one spot, you'd normally use your flute to play 133133 to crush down a huge icicle to become a platform allowing you to continue to the checkpoint in front of the yeti. Instead, use your flute here to open a closed mouth nearby with 332331 and use the only working portal inside of it. It'll lead you to the inside of an earlier mouth where several stalagmites are placed you have to hit one after another to keep the path going (use a slingshot from the right heights).

By the way, the description of "Unintended Coursework" saying "Destroy all of the glitches in the Super Adventure Box. - Maybe it's more of a misplaced feature." is a pun on a typical software developer's saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:

• W2-3: Follow the hard / long path up to the beginning of the section with the many icicles, spiky floor, and push blocks. Use your flute to open a closed mouth (332331) and use the only working portal inside of it. It'll lead you to the inside of an earlier mouth where several stalagmites are placed you have to hit one after another to keep the path going (use a slingshot from the right heights).

I don't have any idea where that place is since I never finished W2Z3 fully. Is that before the Yeti?

@demitel.1340 said:

• W2-3: Follow the hard / long path up to the beginning of the section with the many icicles, spiky floor, and push blocks. Use your flute to open a closed mouth (332331) and use the only working portal inside of it. It'll lead you to the inside of an earlier mouth where several stalagmites are placed you have to hit one after another to keep the path going (use a slingshot from the right heights).

I don't have any idea where that place is since I never finished W2Z3 fully. Is that before the Yeti?It is, but you can go there in infantile mode. Look out for a place where the rainbow ends and a path of clouds (the non-rainbow way) comes up from your right. The closed mouth is just past that point.

How do I destroy those stalagmites??

I see wooden beams appear once I hit a stalagmite and a pickaxe above...

Here's a screenshot:

590TAqF.jpg

What am I supposed to do? Get the pickaxe? How exactly?

Edit: Okay, I found it. There is a bigger one at the end of the newly opened path and the notification "A strange daily chest awaits you at the end of this zone."

@Rasimir.6239 said:It is, but you can go there in infantile mode. Look out for a place where the rainbow ends and a path of clouds (the non-rainbow way) comes up from your right. The closed mouth is just past that point.

I feel pretty stupid, I just don't get it without a picture. There are a lots of closed mouths I can't open.

@demitel.1340 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:It is, but you can go there in infantile mode. Look out for a place where the rainbow ends and a path of clouds (the non-rainbow way) comes up from your right. The closed mouth is just past that point.

I feel pretty stupid, I just don't get it without a picture. There are a lots of closed mouths I can't open.Try
over at reddit. The second picture was the one that helped me find the right place.

@demitel.1340 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Try
over at reddit. The second picture was the one that helped me find the right place.

Alright, I was at the right spot, but my flute does not open anything :(

No wonder I could not get it since my flute does not work.Did you learn the correct song? Just playing the notes doesn't help if you haven't learned the song yet. You can check GW2 Efficiency if you're not sure about it.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:How do I destroy those stalagmites??

I see wooden beams appear once I hit a stalagmite and a pickaxe above...

Here's a screenshot:

590TAqF.jpg

What am I supposed to do? Get the pickaxe? How exactly?

Edit: Okay, I found it. There is a bigger one at the end of the newly opened path and the notification "A strange daily chest awaits you at the end of this zone."

How did you manage to get to the stalagmite? I found it but I can't seem to jump to it from the ground in front of the house, even with using double jump. Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: nvm finally got it. I didn't realize at first that I was supposed to use the slingshot :#

@Ray Koopa.2354 said:WARNING: SPOILERS. DO NOT READ THE POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILERED.

• W2-2: Follow the hard / long path up to the section with the many trampolines (after the many portals behind the house with the gong). At the checkpoint in front of them is a furniture shop above, reach it with a trampoline and the clouds and go to its left side where the stalagmite will be. The path appearing is far below you leading you around the pillar the shop and checkpoint are built on.

There is a small workaround to get it.Use the eagle shortcut, were you will end up on top of the last bell structure.One the right side there is a cloud that can help you go back to the trampoline area. Use it and try to go as close as possible to the pagodabefore the trampolines. You will fall down eventually and that will ress you dirrectly on checkpoint 11. from there you can contine normally with the crystal