The Death of Thief

darren.1064

@Supreme.3164 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@AldKai.9712 if you managed to die as FRESH thief with all coldown then its l2p issue.
6s reveal, 2k range. That revealed you, all you had to do is sb5, and laugh at them, if they follow steal to one of them and sb5 again, if they follow shadowstep and keep laughting, they follow again shadowstep again and sb5 again, keep up the laughting and jumping to make sure to tilt them, WHOOPS revel is gone, later nerds.About knockdown, shadowstep removes CC, it does it twice, any reason you didnt do it ? Other then to make this post ofc

Yes, a l2p issue. Sure. Your post is literally full of stupid assumptions.

As I mentionned already (but you didn't read that) I am, shocker shocker,a thief that does NOT use your kitten shortbow. No sir! And my shadowstep is on CD because I used it to reach close fast. But I bet you're some master thief, just LAUGHING your kitten off at players that can't even run after you! They just took your points and they're laughing at you back, but hey, at least you can come here and calling others noobs for not playing with your copy-paste metabattle shortbow build.

Just l2p!

1) If you had shortbow and they sent 3 people to your close, you could have zipped out of there and snowball rest of the map..then gone back and reclaimed your close2) Playing a thief without shortbow in PvP..it's like playing an ele with staff or a ranger without GS...don't blame the game for your lack of wisdow, every class must be played to its strength..not some lore background3) If you don't to play +1 decapper/burst then play something that suits your style

You are literally a troll. Play thief, don't talk to me until you do.

Just follow @Vallun.2071 guide and advices

If you have nothing intelligent to contribute please leave the thread to those who do

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Community "thieves are mostly sheep to sindrener builds etc".Community see's one vid of one streamer who feels their fine when theirs two other known streamers in vids, one is the top thief player saying otherwise and the community roles with the one streamer that fits their agenda like his opinion is the only one that somehow matters lol.Yeah thief are the sheeps.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Community "thieves are mostly sheep to sindrener builds etc".Community see's one vid of one streamer who feels their fine when theirs two other known streamers in vids, one is the top thief player saying otherwise and the community roles with the one streamer that fits their agenda like his opinion is the only one that somehow matters lol.Yeah thief are the sheeps.

when you start you use what others deemed working, you learn to play it, after time you understand why its working and how its working,after you do that you start testing other things and theorycrafting other things. most people stop at copying builds from others, its fine. but there are some that just theory craft with no skill and no understanding of what and why, and you end up with what @AldKai.9712 is doing.He died due to his mistakes, refused to learn WHY that happened, he didnt even learn how his enemies attacked him, refused to adopt his build and his stance against the enemies, and its all fine. Problem is he went to the forum with it, started whining and insulting others.Thiefs are indeed sheep, they copy what others streamers do, I suspect it might have something to do with the amount of people streaming thief gameplay.sind showed S/P insta every thief played it, D/P now everyone plays DP, it is how it is.

@AldKai.9712 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@AldKai.9712 if you managed to die as FRESH thief with all coldown then its l2p issue.
6s reveal, 2k range. That revealed you, all you had to do is sb5, and laugh at them, if they follow steal to one of them and sb5 again, if they follow shadowstep and keep laughting, they follow again shadowstep again and sb5 again, keep up the laughting and jumping to make sure to tilt them, WHOOPS revel is gone, later nerds.About knockdown, shadowstep removes CC, it does it twice, any reason you didnt do it ? Other then to make this post ofc

As I mentionned already (but you didn't read that) I am, shocker shocker,a thief that does NOT use your kitten shortbow. No sir! And my shadowstep is on CD because I used it to reach close fast. But I bet you're some master thief, just LAUGHING your kitten off at players that can't even run after you! They just took your points and they're laughing at you back, but hey, at least you can come here and calling others noobs for not playing with your copy-paste metabattle shortbow build.

Just l2p!

1) If you had shortbow and they sent 3 people to your close, you could have zipped out of there and snowball rest of the map..then gone back and reclaimed your close2) Playing a thief without shortbow in PvP..it's like playing an ele with staff or a ranger without GS...don't blame the game for your lack of wisdow, every class must be played to its strength..not some lore background3) If you don't to play +1 decapper/burst then play something that suits your style

He is right, you know. If I see two or more enemies approaching cap I am standing on I am noping out of there with my short bow like there is no tomorrow. While I am noping out I try to +1 my team on mid or where ever it is needed. Then I come back to from where I was chased out and it is usually unguarded. If there is only one I am more often then not able to hold my ground with the help of my fellow thieves (guild of thieves).

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Community "thieves are mostly sheep to sindrener builds etc".Community see's one vid of one streamer who feels their fine when theirs two other known streamers in vids, one is the top thief player saying otherwise and the community roles with the one streamer that fits their agenda like his opinion is the only one that somehow matters lol.Yeah thief are the sheeps.

when you start you use what others deemed working, you learn to play it, after time you understand why its working and how its working,after you do that you start testing other things and theorycrafting other things. most people stop at copying builds from others, its fine. but there are some that just theory craft with no skill and no understanding of what and why, and you end up with what @AldKai.9712 is doing.He died due to his mistakes, refused to learn WHY that happened, he didnt even learn how his enemies attacked him, refused to adopt his build and his stance against the enemies, and its all fine. Problem is he went to the forum with it, started whining and insulting others.Thiefs are indeed sheep, they copy what others streamers do, I suspect it might have something to do with the amount of people streaming thief gameplay.sind showed S/P insta every thief played it, D/P now everyone plays DP, it is how it is.

Ur not wrong at all but the community as a whole is no different. The read or heard all the complaints of the outliers since patch and bam now high amounts of specs u never saw previously like core necro,burn guards, core rangers, weavers, holo etc.people hear or read what's op and flock to it, that's sheep like as well no?Regarding players that play thief like me who's played it half decade it doesn't really matter if a streamer or anyone says a set build works best if I don't like it or some traits I don't use them. When I played thief I never used rending shade as I disliked the fear for my playstyle and always used shadow rejuvenation even tho was regarded the worse trait, I like it.When I played dp which is mostly what I played I used CS and hidden killer with valkyrie rune, not meta at all nor a build any streamer was using. I never played s/d much cuz even if effective it sucks the fun out of playing thief. D4 and d5 whooo real fun skills to use lol the playstyle like most thief builds was spam s2 and s3... real fun.Anyway like a lot of other classes if u go thru thiefs traits ull see that usually every trait line has three traits used by all or most thieves cuz the rest are garbage so yeah uve got option to go s/d or pd etc but actual build deversity is low. Sindrener uses builds that are pretty obvious and commonly used that are just recognized when he does a vid stating he uses it himself. Sure some newer thiefs may copy his builds thst arnt familiar with the classes traits but as to the majority of thief players he isn't discovering any new secret builds really that haven't already been in use.Thieves players in general are no different tho then the players of other classes, the see or hear a build is the most OP on their class so they play it, just like all the core necros etc lol.

@GeneralFailure.3402 said:

Just l2p!

He is right, you know. If I see two or more enemies approaching cap I am standing on I am noping out of there with my short bow like there is no tomorrow. While I am noping out I try to +1 my team on mid or where ever it is needed. Then I come back to from where I was chased out and it is usually unguarded. If there is only one I am more often then not able to hold my ground with the help of my fellow thieves (guild of thieves).

Exactly and that's where thiefs strengths lie. Other classes cant just leave relatively safely like thief when being approached by to other opponents and are usually 1v2 while trying to escape and destroyed lol.This would be the best play even if thorf had a better burst potential.I think what find is the issue is if thief as a decapper/+1 burst class if ur +1ing with ur teammate and with both attacking the opponent it still takes a long time to down that opponent that should ring some bells toward either the sustain of the opponents or the burst potential of the class +1ing.Not saying thief needs a burst buff just that something needs to be looked at if those scenarios are occurring frequently.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

You are full of shit. Please stop tagging me.

Just l2p!

No he is not. Again, I've explained why I couldn't, and wouldn't just shadowstep away immediately, and please remember that I still had to cap the point. I don't think it takes more than elementary reading skills to understand that I got ganked by three players' worth of stuns at the same time. Nowadays every single class has closeup skills and easy access to swiftness. Also, you use the easy mode elite skill, good for you, but I run basilisk venom, which was on cooldown at the time as well as I used it to give my team a possible advantage.

What happened was that even though I distracted three players the team couldn't handle a 4v2.

The same people that call thief mains dumb sheep are the same people that screech at us that we have to follow some streamer that says thief is fine, or that we have to play only bow ever because the meta says so. Without playing thief themselves. They're the sheep, not us, but they will insult you if you don't play according to the bitch place they want your class to be, just like your teammates will. This community is the cancer killing itself and it's not getting a chemo anytime soon.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Community "thieves are mostly sheep to sindrener builds etc".Community see's one vid of one streamer who feels their fine when theirs two other known streamers in vids, one is the top thief player saying otherwise and the community roles with the one streamer that fits their agenda like his opinion is the only one that somehow matters lol.Yeah thief are the sheeps.

when you start you use what others deemed working, you learn to play it, after time you understand why its working and how its working,after you do that you start testing other things and theorycrafting other things. most people stop at copying builds from others, its fine. but there are some that just theory craft with no skill and no understanding of what and why, and you end up with what @"AldKai.9712" is doing.He died due to his mistakes, refused to learn WHY that happened, he didnt even learn how his enemies attacked him, refused to adopt his build and his stance against the enemies, and its all fine. Problem is he went to the forum with it, started whining and insulting others.Thiefs are indeed sheep, they copy what others streamers do, I suspect it might have something to do with the amount of people streaming thief gameplay.sind showed S/P insta every thief played it, D/P now everyone plays DP, it is how it is.

Ur not wrong at all but the community as a whole is no different. The read or heard all the complaints of the outliers since patch and bam now high amounts of specs u never saw previously like core necro,burn guards, core rangers, weavers, holo etc.people hear or read what's op and flock to it, that's sheep like as well no?Regarding players that play thief like me who's played it half decade it doesn't really matter if a streamer or anyone says a set build works best if I don't like it or some traits I don't use them. When I played thief I never used rending shade as I disliked the fear for my playstyle and always used shadow rejuvenation even tho was regarded the worse trait, I like it.When I played dp which is mostly what I played I used CS and hidden killer with valkyrie rune, not meta at all nor a build any streamer was using. I never played s/d much cuz even if effective it sucks the fun out of playing thief. D4 and d5 whooo real fun skills to use lol the playstyle like most thief builds was spam s2 and s3... real fun.Anyway like a lot of other classes if u go thru thiefs traits ull see that usually every trait line has three traits used by all or most thieves cuz the rest are garbage so yeah uve got option to go s/d or pd etc but actual build deversity is low. Sindrener uses builds that are pretty obvious and commonly used that are just recognized when he does a vid stating he uses it himself. Sure some newer thiefs may copy his builds thst arnt familiar with the classes traits but as to the majority of thief players he isn't discovering any new secret builds really that haven't already been in use.Thieves players in general are no different tho then the players of other classes, the see or hear a build is the most OP on their class so they play it, just like all the core necros etc lol.

Not only community, everything. Since time UghUgh discovered roasted meat and picked up pointed stick, monkey see monkey do.In Path of Exile "everybody" plays what streamers play. Because they play the game for living, if not for living it is very substantial part of their time anyway, so they have time, resources and knowledge to come up with things that works. And so you see some build that works and cuz you don't want fail and suffer you copy it, though you can make some minor adjustment to your personal prefernces. I don't consider it sheepishness.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just l2p!

Exactly and that's where thiefs strengths lie. Other classes cant just leave relatively safely like thief when being approached by to other opponents and are usually 1v2 while trying to escape and destroyed lol.This would be the best play even if thorf had a better burst potential.I think what find is the issue is if thief as a decapper/+1 burst class if ur +1ing with ur teammate and with both attacking the opponent it still takes a long time to down that opponent that should ring some bells toward either the sustain of the opponents or the burst potential of the class +1ing.Not saying thief needs a burst buff just that something needs to be looked at if those scenarios are occurring frequently.

Just l2p!

If they can't escape then they need enough sustain to wait for reinforcements , you are right saying that the wait aka time to kill cannot be too long for balance reasons obviously but that doesn't change the fact that sustain is necessary for some classes to counterbalance their inability to escape safely as a thief.

If a spec invested in sustain then it should survive for enough time, say...40s...if now it's 1m+ then we need to reduce the sustain of such specs to reasonable levels and lower the kill time to 40s from 1m+, I hope thieves are not asking to lower the kill time to 0s like insta kill the +1 player even if he has full CD

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

If they can't escape then they need enough sustain to wait for reinforcements , you are right saying that the wait aka time to kill cannot be too long for balance reasons obviously but that doesn't change the fact that sustain is necessary for some classes to counterbalance their inability to escape safely as a thief.

If a spec invested in sustain then it should survive for enough time, say...40s...if now it's 1m+ then we need to reduce the sustain of such specs to reasonable levels and lower the kill time to 40s from 1m+, I hope thieves are not asking to lower the kill time to 0s like insta kill the +1 player even if he has full CD

Uh I dunno, we certainly get instakilled. Why only us?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:you guys realize that burnfall is not attacking your main right? hes not saying its OP or that it needs to be nerfed, he just says its toxic and its true

Burnfall is linking videos from 2013 attempting to talk about the state of thief today. If Burnfall wanted to contribute to the conversation that we're having then Burnfall can post a video of thief from within the past 2 months. But from 7 years ago? nah not on this post.

nothing changed design wise from 2013, if anything its even worse due to dagger storm. He complains about design, I find Initiative as one of the worst designed thing ever personally.

I actually do have a question, since I noticed you only have 9,000 AP. Did you actually even play back in 2013? I can promise you Dagger Storm is not the thief skill that's oppressing you as it throws 8 daggers over 3? seconds. I can promise you initiative isn't the problem because most of our initiative is spent on defensive measures instead of offensive. And I can promise you that design wise thief is completely different from 2013 compared to now. If i'm correct, ranked wasn't even a thing in 2013.

alrighty, lets do it differently.tell me how thief changed DESIGN wise since the launch ?how initiative system changed?

i think we should make everyone work off initiative and balance around that

its called thief meta and we already had that ;p

We never had a meta that had more than 2 thieves, and very rarely one that even had 2. Thief is not Ele, where we did have a meta where 5 eles was a legit teamcomp.

@AldKai.9712 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we
certainly get instakilled. Why only us?

You certainly get insta killed because your build lacks any means of escape, otherwise there is no way to insta kill a thief right now unless you play a "kill or die" spec and thief is afk or with no CD left to spare, either way if you play a burst spec with a zerker/marauder at 0 toughness you can expect always to live far less than somebody who specced in defense with a toughness amulet

W> @Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You
certainly get insta killed because your build lacks any means of escape, otherwise there is no way to insta kill a thief right now unless you play a "kill or die" spec and thief is afk or with no CD left to spare, either way if you play a burst spec with a zerker/marauder at 0 toughness you can expect always to live far less than somebody who specced in defense with a toughness amulet

Wrong assumption as usual. I play Marauder and most of my utilities are stealth / stunbreak / escapes. Just play thief already holy shit. Play thief and stop trying to pretend you know anything about the class when you don't play thief.

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You
certainly get insta killed because your build lacks any means of escape, otherwise there is no way to insta kill a thief right now unless you play a "kill or die" spec and thief is afk or with no CD left to spare, either way if you play a burst spec with a zerker/marauder at 0 toughness you can expect always to live far less than somebody who specced in defense with a toughness amulet

I am not sure about the amulets. You need power + precision/condi/ferocity (depends on build) to do damage.core thief with zerker or any other pure dmg amulet has I think 11k hp. This is unplayable, at least for me, because you really die instantly. To offset this you go first trait in daredevil which gives you additional vitality and rune of divinity and end up with 15k hpWith marauder or any other dmg amu with +500 vit on core thief you get les dmg, but you have 16k hp

My question is: Would toughness amulet (+500 toughness because I need that dmg stats) be better that +500 vit amulet?

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

No atleast not me but then again I'm more of a rev/war player now but when I was playing thief i never wanted sustain or sustained damage as a option cuz that goes against the class type and so does it 1v1 a sustain class quick and easily given its mobility it should be at a disadvantage in a 1v1 as far as actually dueling the more sustain type class. What I wanted is if I avoid most attacks on say a necro etc being as doesn't take many to down a thief I shouldn't have to hit the reaper 30+ times to down it due to its sustain. I understand a thief shouldn't be able to match blows and it should be a requirement that the thief connects more hits on its opponent to down it than it could receive but as of now the disparity is far to great. I can fight a necro 2 mins only get hit twice and all that time be connecting my skills on the necro while its sustain absorbs it for the 2 minutes until it finally gets worse down. Yeah that's the way it should go but the time to ware the necro or other classes down needs to be shorter. This then translates to the issue where a thief +1's for its teammates and still takes a while to down the opponent even tho ur 2v1 it due to the fact thief's dps bursts are out of line next to the current levels of sustain. I would hope and don't think these thief players are asking for a return of one shots

@AldKai.9712 said:W> @Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You

Wrong assumption as usual. I play Marauder and most of my utilities are stealth / stunbreak / escapes. Just play thief already holy kitten. Play thief and stop trying to pretend you know anything about the class when you
don't
play thief.

So you have all the tools to escape death on thief while using a burst spec...a luxury other professions don't have and that will be all from me to you

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You

Wrong assumption as usual. I play Marauder and most of my utilities are stealth / stunbreak / escapes. Just play thief already holy kitten. Play thief and stop trying to pretend you know anything about the class when you
don't
play thief.

So you have all the tools to escape death on thief while using a burst spec...a luxury other professions don't have and that will be all from me to you

Yes. Nonsense. That's all you ever contributed here. Please don't give me any more.

Thieves mobility and disengages definitely are night and day compared to most classes when getting out of outnumbered or dangerous situations but when playing a more sustain type class without those advantages I think more about positioning as far as trying not to get into those situations and often with good use of defensive skills I can stall of last 5x longer in the situation than thief could if it couldn't disengage which is why it can and why those sustain classes can last longer than thief could stick in the situation, except some outliers can last in a 1v3 for over a min due to their sustain being in a overperforming state.

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You

don't
play thief.

And as a higher sustain class u can last far longer in situations where a thief would disengage from so ur point?Are u expecting tanks to disengage like thieves or thieves to not be able to disengage and be low sustain or u want thiefs to be high sustain and not need to disengage which isn't very rogue like.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

No atleast not me but then again I'm more of a rev/war player now but when I was playing thief i never wanted sustain or sustained damage as a option cuz that goes against the class type and so does it 1v1 a sustain class quick and easily given its mobility it should be at a disadvantage in a 1v1 as far as actually dueling the more sustain type class. What I wanted is if I avoid most attacks on say a necro etc being as doesn't take many to down a thief I shouldn't have to hit the reaper 30+ times to down it due to its sustain. I understand a thief shouldn't be able to match blows and it should be a requirement that the thief connects more hits on its opponent to down it than it could receive but as of now the disparity is far to great. I can fight a necro 2 mins only get hit twice and all that time be connecting my skills on the necro while its sustain absorbs it for the 2 minutes until it finally gets worse down. Yeah that's the way it should go but the time to ware the necro or other classes down needs to be shorter. This then translates to the issue where a thief +1's for its teammates and still takes a while to down the opponent even tho ur 2v1 it due to the fact thief's dps bursts are out of line next to the current levels of sustain. I would hope and don't think these thief players are asking for a return of one shots

So reducing the time to kill for thief would translate to an increase in "duelling" abilities am I right?

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

So reducing the time to kill for thief would translate to an increase in "duelling" abilities am I right?

I gues it would translate to reducing current over the top sustain abilities of others like guards, holos, necros and of course those @#$%@* rangers. Basically what Vallun said in his video. Thief is not that bad, the sustain and damage of others (mentioned) while having so much sustain is what is currently wrong.

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

If time to kill for a thief was lower like as a example on average took a thief 15 hits to kill a necro vs the 4 hits needed to kill the thief thst would be far more balanced. Thieves would still have to badly outplay the opponent to win a duel and would still be at a disadvantage in a duel with player of equal skill. Yeah still take the thief a bit to win a 1v1 rightfully so but in a +1 would down the opponent with its teamates far quicker as it should be especially since u turned it into a 2v1.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You

don't
play thief.

And as a higher sustain class u can last far longer in situations where a thief would disengage from so ur point?Are u expecting tanks to disengage like thieves or thieves to not be able to disengage and be low sustain or u want thiefs to be high sustain and not need to disengage which isn't very rogue like.

Other professions that don't invest in sustain and try to play like a thief instead, will live a far shorter time compared to a thief in the same role..that's all I am saying

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

I gues it would translate to reducing current over the top sustain abilities of others like guards, holos, necros and of course those @#$%@* rangers. Basically what Vallun said in his video. Thief is not that bad, the sustain and damage of others (mentioned) while having so much sustain is what is currently wrong.

This^ the best approach is to lower the sustain and dps of some of the outliers and this would bring all aspects thief is struggling with more in line then adjust things from there.It's funny every one heard vallun state thief dps is fine but totally ignored his statements about the sustain and dps on certain outliers being to high.

@Supreme.3164 said:

Just l2p!

Just l2p!

Uh I dunno,
we

You

don't
play thief.

Other professions that don't invest in sustain and try to play like a thief instead, will live a far shorter time compared to a thief in the same role..that's all I am saying

Yes ur right and a thief trying to be a tank and trying to play like one wont last as long as a higher sustain class either so.

If u want to play like a thief u play a thief or something closer like mes or rev, if u want a tank or high in fight sustain class u dont chose thief.The gw2 any class can do anything has its limits.