The Death of Thief

darren.1064

I think a fair amount of participants here don't play thief, don't know thief, let alone play PvP. I would offer to stream my gameplay so you can actually see what a PvP match looks like but based on the amount of people I have to block each game I'm afraid that it would just result in me being harassed. So show me you got balls, make a core thief, go fight in a ranked match, and show us that 'thief is fine'.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Captain Kuro.8937" said:When you do Dash/or Heartseeker (loked in that 1,5 sec animation) you still regain resources + endurance .

Not enough to keep it up for 15 seconds. Dash rans out after 3 dashes, and you dont regain one for 10 seconds. Heartseeker-wise, you run out of initiative after 7 heartseekers, at 6 seconds. Then you heartseeker once every 3 seconds. So total distance traveled is an average of 900/1.5 seconds for the first 6 seconds, then 2.25*400 + 0.75 *450 every 3 seconds, for lets say 9 seconds. Total distance: 3600 + 3712 = 7312. In 16 seconds. Comparision: Holo has a consistent 1.25*400 + 0.75*600 every 2 seconds, for a total of 8 times. Thats 7600. Faster, Im afraid. Oh and any more travel time makes the distance worse. Oh and it gets even worse, because Holo has other movement skills and tools they can use, like Radiant Arc. And Quickness which benefits you. The distance widens. And thats just Holo, which isnt exactly high on the mobility list.

You only need 3x Dash/or Heartseeker combo , to travel from Mid to Far

Nope, on no map is that the case. I will also let you in on a little dark secret of sPvP. Its called "inclines". Have you ever tried moving from mid to far on Legacy using dashes, vs using shortbow? Its so much slower. Good luck.

So thiefs MUST have shortbow to escape or for mobility , is not correct , thats my argument

And that argument is wrong, see above.

I saw people use stealth on the tournamentsCould you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

Congratulations, you failed to answer the question. As such, we will now procceed with eliminating the contradiction. Well, Sindrener not using in-combat stealth is easily verified. It is true. So, only one assumption remains. "In-combat stealth is good and high tier thieves use it". Since its the only one left, it has to be wrong. Ergo, in-combat stealth is bad and high tier thieves (such as Sindrener) do not use it. Proof through contradiction. Q.E.D. Nice, thats finished then. Please do not ever try to say that its good, you have already been proven wrong.

Also you really dont understand what "retract a statement" means, do you? I already said that that statement is wrong, if it pleases you. Its not really important, after all. I can already prove you wrong through the contradiction, and the question you refuse to answer.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Captain Kuro.8937" said:When you do Dash/or Heartseeker (loked in that 1,5 sec animation) you still regain resources + endurance .

Not enough to keep it up for 15 seconds. Dash rans out after 3 dashes, and you dont regain one for 10 seconds. Heartseeker-wise, you run out of initiative after 7 heartseekers, at 6 seconds. Then you heartseeker once every 3 seconds. So total distance traveled is an average of 900/1.5 seconds for the first 6 seconds, then 2.25*400 + 0.75 *450 every 3 seconds, for lets say 9 seconds. Total distance: 3600 + 3712 = 7312. In 16 seconds. Comparision: Holo has a consistent 1.25*400 + 0.75*600 every 2 seconds, for a total of 8 times. Thats 7600. Faster, Im afraid. Oh and any more travel time makes the distance worse. Oh and it gets even worse, because Holo has other movement skills and tools they can use, like Radiant Arc. And Quickness which benefits you. The distance widens. And thats just Holo, which isnt exactly high on the mobility list.

Nope, on no map is that the case. I will also let you in on a little dark secret of sPvP. Its called "inclines". Have you ever tried moving from mid to far on Legacy using dashes, vs using shortbow? Its so much slower. Good luck.

So thiefs MUST have shortbow to escape or for mobility , is not correct , thats my argument

I saw people use stealth on the tournamentsCould you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

Congratulations, you failed to answer the question. As such, we will now procceed with eliminating the contradiction. Well, Sindrener not using in-combat stealth is easily verified. It is true. So, only one assumption remains. "In-combat stealth is good and high tier thieves use it". Since its the only one left, it has to be wrong. Ergo, in-combat stealth is bad and high tier thieves (such as Sindrener) do not use it. Proof through contradiction. Q.E.D. Nice, thats finished then. Please do not ever try to say that its good, you have already been proven wrong.

Also you really dont understand what "retract a statement" means, do you? I already said that that statement is wrong, if it pleases you. Its not really important, after all. I can already prove you wrong through the contradiction, and the question you refuse to answer.

You dont need 15 sec to cover 2 bases , you need 6Your initial argument is that Thiefs needshortbow , which i have shown you they don't . Doing 2 Infritrators arrows ,12 resources , for 1800 range , while 3x Hertsseker+Dash can cover 2700 distance + cost 6resources . (if you arelockedin those animation and restorre resouces)

I saw people use stealth on the tournamentsYour initial argument that people dont use steal , is not validCould you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:When you do Dash/or Heartseeker (loked in that 1,5 sec animation) you still regain resources + endurance .

You dont need 15 sec to cover 2 bases , you need 6Your initial argument is that Thiefs needshortbow , which i have shown you they don't . Doing 2 Infritrators arrows ,12 resources , for 1800 range , while 3x Hertsseker+Dash can cover 2700 distance + cost 6resources . (if you arelockedin those animation and restorre resouces)

I saw people use stealth on the tournamentsYour initial argument that people dont use steal , is not validCould you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

I'm not exactly sure what you two are talking about, but he may be alluding to the fact that thieves really dont have any stealth or initiative to waste and so if they put everything on CD just going to a point, then they're completely screwed when they're confronted by somebody and have no: damage, stealth, or initiative (best stealth takes initiative mostly) to get out of said situation. So thieves should actually use stealth as frugal as possible so they are able to do something when the time is right.

Remember: Most initiative isn't used for offensive reasons by thieves, but rather for defensive reasons.

@darren.1064 said:

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:When you do Dash/or Heartseeker (loked in that 1,5 sec animation) you still regain resources + endurance .

I'm not exactly sure what you two are talking about, but he may be alluding to the fact that thieves really dont have any stealth or initiative to waste and so if they put everything on CD just going to a point, then they're completely screwed when they're confronted by somebody and have no: damage, stealth, or initiative (best stealth takes initiative mostly) to get out of said situation. So thieves should actually use stealth as frugal as possible so they are able to do something when the time is right.

Remember: Most initiative isn't used for offensive reasons by thieves, but rather for defensive reasons.

If he uses 2x Inflatrator arrows, he would waste 12 resources , and he cannot no longer attackIf he uses 3x Dash+Heartseeker , he would waste 6 (after some are restored) and have 6 to attack .We are kinda in an argument if Shortbow , is a MUST on not , now that Dash exist

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Go play core thief record footage or get off the thread.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

If he uses 2x Inflatrator arrows, he would waste 12 resources , and he cannot no longer attackIf he uses 3x Dash+Heartseeker , he would waste 6 (after some are restored) and have 6 to attack .We are kinda in an argument if Shortbow , is a MUST on not , now that Dash exist

... what's a thief supposed to do with 6 initiative in any weapon set? Die?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

You dont need 15 sec to cover 2 bases , you need 6

You do. Well, if you want to use something as slow as Heartseeker and Dash.

Your initial argument is that Thiefs needshortbow , which i have shown you they don't . Doing 2 Infritrators arrows ,12 resources , for 1800 range , while 3x Hertsseker+Dash can cover 2700 distance + cost 6resources . (if you arelockedin those animation and restorre resouces)

You have not shown anything. Well other than critical lack of knowledge about thief. This just further proves. Here is the difference. 2 Infiltrators Arrows take less than a second. 3 times heartseeker + dash takes over 4 seconds. Its so much slower.

I saw people use stealth on the tournaments

You didnt.

Your initial argument that people dont use steal , is not valid

In-combat stealth. And its not just valid, I have already proven it. Proof by contradiction. So please, refrain from repeating the debunked lie that people use in-combat stealth, yes? Its getting annoying.

Could you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

The. Statement. Was. Retracted. You wont get it. And you are already proving my point as to why. Even after I have proven you wrong, and shown that your assumption that in-combat stealth is good to be worthless garbage, even in the face of overwhelming evidence you continue to repeat it. No evidence will sway you.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Your initial argument is that Thiefs needshortbow , which i have shown you they don't . Doing 2 Infritrators arrows ,12 resources , for 1800 range , while 3x Hertsseker+Dash can cover 2700 distance + cost 6resources . (if you arelockedin those animation and restorre resouces)

You have not shown anything. Well other than critical lack of knowledge about thief. This just further proves. Here is the difference. 2 Infiltrators Arrows take less than a second. 3 times heartseeker + dash takes
over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

In-combat stealth. And its not just valid, I have already
proven
it. Proof by contradiction. So please, refrain from repeating the debunked lie that people use in-combat stealth, yes? Its getting annoying.

Could you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

The. Statement. Was. Retracted. You wont get it. And you are already proving my point as to why. Even after I have proven you wrong, and shown that your assumption that in-combat stealth is good to be worthless garbage, even in the face of overwhelming evidence you continue to repeat it. No evidence will sway you.

Heartseeker+ Dash takes 1 sec . In the long run , the cost is halfed than using 2x Iflitrators arrows , covering most distance and allows you to have 6 resources to spent toward attack .Avoiding the situation that you must wait 12 sec to restore resources and then attack the side bases .

People have used in-mid-side-combat stealth . In high and low elo they do stealth . Who told you that they dont ?Could you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

You have not shown anything. Well other than critical lack of knowledge about thief. This just further proves. Here is the difference. 2 Infiltrators Arrows take less than a second. 3 times heartseeker + dash takes
over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven
it. Proof by contradiction. So please, refrain from repeating the debunked lie that people use in-combat stealth, yes? Its getting annoying.

3x Heartseeker+ Dash takes 1,5 sec . In the long run , the cost is halfed than using 2x Iflitrators arrows , covering most distance and allows you to have 6 resources to spent toward attack .Avoiding the situation that you must wait 12 sec to restore resources and then attack the side bases .

.... I keep getting surprised by how little you know about thief and how big you talk regardless. Heartseeker has a 0.75 cast time. Dash does too. So its 1.5 * 3. Or 4.5. In the long run you move much, much slower. Thats why shortbow is mandatory and your "replacement" doesnt work.

People have used in-mid-side-combat stealth . In high and low elo they do stealth . Who told you that they dont ?

Sindrener doesnt ever use it. Proof by contradiction. They do not stealth in high elo. Not Sindrener, not Vallun, not any of the other ones. Please, learn to accept that you were proven wrong, and that you have no clue about thief and should never talk about it. And now, please do a favour to everyone here, and stop replying. Youre just embarassing yourself and wasting our time. Just to get it through to you. Do. NOT. Reply. Go waste someones elses time with your lack of thief knowledge.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

3x Heartseeker+ Dash takes 1,5 sec . In the long run , the cost is halfed than using 2x Iflitrators arrows , covering most distance and allows you to have 6 resources to spent toward attack .Avoiding the situation that you must wait 12 sec to restore resources and then attack the side bases .

.... I keep getting surprised by how little you know about thief and how big you talk regardless. Heartseeker has a 0.75 cast time. Dash does too. So its 1.5 * 3. Or 4.5. In the long run you move much,
much
slower. Thats why shortbow is mandatory and your "replacement" doesnt work.

People have used in-mid-side-combat stealth . In high and low elo they do stealth . Who told you that they dont ?

Sindrener doesnt ever use it. Proof by contradiction. They do not stealth in high elo. Not Sindrener, not Vallun, not any of the other ones. Please, learn to accept that you were proven wrong, and that you have no clue about thief and should never talk about it. And now, please do a favour to everyone here, and stop replying. Youre just embarassing yourself and wasting our time. Just to get it through to you. Do. NOT. Reply. Go waste someones elses time with your lack of thief knowledge.

We are talking that shortbow is not mandatory , now that dash exist . You can use the Heartseeker + Dash combo for an alternate mobility skill .Core thief is the one that need the Shortbow . Dont comfuse things .

People in the tournament + Vallun had used combat stealthSind didnt use the Condition P/D spec and here it won the tournament .Could you show me thread or video where Tokier+ Sind , said to the new thieves that they shouldn't use stealth , please ?

Ahem. So, I stealth in combat, a lot, in fact that's half my playstyle. The thing is that I will still die because stealth attacks are ridiculously impotent while I still take damage from all sources and can get revealed by half the classes. All it lets me do is reposition, cast basilisk venom and avoid being shot directly at for a small duration of time.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

.... I keep getting surprised by how little you know about thief and how big you talk regardless. Heartseeker has a 0.75 cast time. Dash does too. So its 1.5 * 3. Or 4.5. In the long run you move much,
much

We are talking that shortbow is not mandatory , now that dash exist . You can use the Heartseeker + Dash combo for an alternate mobility skill .Core thief is the one that need the Shortbow . Dont comfuse things .

You are saying that. But thats completely wrong. Shortbow is mandatory. Thats why every single thief uses it. Heartseeker + Dash is much too slow.

People in the tournament + Vallun had used combat stealth

They didnt. This is the same lie you keep repeating over and over, hoping that it makes you less wrong. It doesnt. So please. Stop lying.

Sind didnt use the Condition P/D spec and here it won the tournament .

Irrelevant. If in-combat stealth was good, he would use it. He doesnt use it, so its not good. End of story.

Im going to assume youre either a troll, or you revel in your ignorance. Either way, I think were done here. Youre wrong, I have proven that youre wrong, and all youre doing is embarassing yourself by making more and more stupid arguments. So begone. Dont waste everyones time.

@AldKai.9712 said:Ahem. So, I stealth in combat, a lot, in fact that's half my playstyle. The thing is that I will still die because stealth attacks are ridiculously impotent while I still take damage from all sources and can get revealed by half the classes. All it lets me do is reposition, cast basilisk venom and avoid being shot directly at for a small duration of time.

You shouldnt, youre just letting the enemy get free damage on you. If youre forced to stay in a fight, use either shadowshot or swap to shortbow and start throwing cluster bombs on them. Occasionally Choking Gas.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

much

You are saying that. But thats completely wrong. Shortbow is mandatory. Thats why every single thief uses it. Heartseeker + Dash is much too slow.

They didnt. This is the same lie you keep repeating over and over, hoping that it makes you less wrong. It doesnt. So please. Stop lying.

Irrelevant. If in-combat stealth was good, he would use it. He doesnt use it, so its not good. End of story.

Im going to assume youre either a troll, or you revel in your ignorance. Either way, I think were done here. Youre wrong, I have proven that youre wrong, and all youre doing is embarassing yourself by making more and more stupid arguments. So begone. Dont waste everyones time.

Heartseeker +Dash can outrun any opponent and leave you with resources to counterattack . While 2x Iflitrators arrows cant .Your initial post , is that the Shortbow is needed for mobility and many thieves would cry if they take it away .I am arguing with you that is an alternate way of mobility and pros are using it

I have seen other people stelthing mid-combat just fine . Sind dont stealth because it might eats too many resources

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

much

Heartseeker +Dash can outrun any opponent and leave you with resources to counterattack . While 2x Iflitrators arrows cant .

It cant outrun almost any opponent. It cant outrun Holo. It cant outrun Mirage. It cant outrun Warrior. It cant outrun Revenant. Not Guardian, not Ele, not Ranger. It can only outrun Necro, maybe.

Your initial post , is that the Shortbow is needed for mobility and many thieves would cry if they take it away .I am arguing with you that is an alternate way of mobility .

Shortbow is needed to have the mobility edge that allows thief to be viable. If shortbow was gone and thief only had your alternative, thief would be unplayable.

I have seen other people stelthing mid-combat just fine . Sind dont stealth because it might eats too many resources

You have only seen bad players stealth mid-combat. You have not seen good players do it. Sind doesnt do it for the same reason all good thieves dont do it. Its bad. Really bad. I will not repeat myself again. Your lies are ineffective. Cease wasting everyones time.

I have. RETRACTED. That statement. I knew I wasnt going to waste dozens of hours trying to find it. Just for you to ignore it like all the other evidence you have. It would be a waste. You are the worst kind of person. Someone who is wrong, but unwilling to ever admit it. Someone who will spin an ever-increasing web of lies instead of accepting the truth. You are wasting my patience, and everyones time. Go away. Never return. Be a clueless fool elsewhere.

I can't help but notice you are talking about Daredevil every time like this is the only thief that ever exists. It is not. It's the only thief people are running, however.

But on that same note let me tell you that I eat these meta slaves with shortbows for breakfast and dinner. They are useless. They are bad. It doesn't matter how far they run because running is all they can ever do, but I can do killing.

1. They suck. I'm not sorry to call them out. All they ever did was copy-paste the full mobility shortbow build from metabattle, never got into a fight, and only ever cap points. They die in every fight because they never learnt to actually fight.
  2. Their build is meant for the GW2 equivalent of fetching people drinks. It's useless in a fight.
  3. Their shortbow sucks balls in a fight. It will lose to P/P any day, because P/P actually does damage and has a daze, for what it's worth.
  4. They run Daredevil and not core thief because Daredevil is the only Thief spec with any sort of sustain, which comes in a package of obnoxious permadodges and passive defenses. The moment they encounter a player with a build that won't take their shit they fall flat on their face. Theirs has no flexibility whatsoever, mine can be adapted to several situations at the very least.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

much

Heartseeker +Dash can outrun any opponent and leave you with resources to counterattack . While 2x Iflitrators arrows cant .

It cant outrun almost any opponent. It cant outrun Holo. It cant outrun Mirage. It cant outrun Warrior. It cant outrun Revenant. Not Guardian, not Ele, not Ranger. It can only outrun Necro, maybe.

Your initial post , is that the Shortbow is needed for mobility and many thieves would cry if they take it away .I am arguing with you that is an alternate way of mobility .

Shortbow is needed to have the mobility edge that allows thief to be viable. If shortbow was gone and thief only had your alternative, thief would be unplayable.

You have only seen bad players stealth mid-combat. You have not seen good players do it. Sind doesnt do it for the same reason all good thieves dont do it. Its bad. Really bad. I will not repeat myself again. Your lies are ineffective. Cease wasting everyones time.

I have. RETRACTED. That statement. I knew I wasnt going to waste dozens of hours trying to find it. Just for you to ignore it like all the other evidence you have. It would be a waste. You are the worst kind of person. Someone who is wrong, but unwilling to ever admit it. Someone who will spin an ever-increasing web of lies instead of accepting the truth. You are wasting my patience, and everyones time. Go away.
Never
return. Be a clueless fool elsewhere.

I am sorry you cant outrun a centaur . Maybe should i propose to you some Thief guiide , or are you in need of assistance in game ? I would gladly eager to help you .Shortbow is not need to be removed . You simply have an alternate combo for mobility , that demonstrated to you and free up the second weapon slot for P/P or S/D for example ?

I have see too bad players and pro use mid-combat stealth . I wonder where you have heard that people should not use stealth .It was Sind ? Tokier ?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

over 4 seconds
. Its so much slower.

You didnt.

proven

much

I have. RETRACTED. That statement. I knew I wasnt going to waste dozens of hours trying to find it. Just for you to ignore it like all the other evidence you have. It would be a waste. You are the worst kind of person. Someone who is wrong, but unwilling to ever admit it. Someone who will spin an ever-increasing web of lies instead of accepting the truth. You are wasting my patience, and everyones time. Go away.
Never
return. Be a clueless fool elsewhere.

I am sorry you cant outrun a centaur . Maybe should i propose to you some Thief guiide , or are you in need of assistance in game ? I would gladly eager to help you .

The only help you can give is "how to become the worst thief player in the world". Go away.

Shortbow is not need to be removed . You simply have an alternate combo for mobility , that demonstrated to you and free up the second weapon slot for P/P or S/D for example ?

Why do you think no thief does it? Because your "alternative combo" is much, MUCH worse, and would make thief unviable.

I have see too bad players and pro use mid-combat stealth . I wonder where you have heard that people should not use stealth .

You have not seen pros use mid-combat stealth. Thats a lie. And every single good thief will tell you that. Its common knowledge. But Im not gonna bother proving that to you. You HATE the truth. You love the lie. You just waste everyones time. Go away. I will not repeat myself, just go away, and leave the people who know that youre just a troll alone.

@"Burnfall.9573" said:'GW2 - THIEF WvW & PvP MONTAGE 'UNTOUCHABLE' '

'Some of these clips are quite old, but I like that it pretty much touches on every thief build for the past 6 months or so.'

Do ur self a favor and watch his most recent stream where he rages about thief's state multiple times thru the stream and after falling out of plat and finding match frustrating then switches to mesmer before hed rage quit and had a lot better time on mesmer. He also stated just like sindrener that if he was good enough on other classes he'd reroll lol. Hmmm good state thief's in lol. Again it had to do with the ridiculous amount of dust class have this meta and thieves inability to put much of a dent into them.Good vid the donotd is a great vid editor.