Unannounced Bonus Event ???

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Again, they are giving a bonus that we can't remove if we don't like it...I certainly don't want to speed up my leveling experience, but now I am forced to. Or just take a break from the game !

Since leveling in no way diminishes the lower level content, I wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoy the non-XP buffs and maybe find a lucky drop.

@keenedge.9675 said:Enjoy the non-XP buffs and maybe find a lucky drop.

Faster levels (+50% XP buff) means faster utilities, elites, and traits unlock. All this make leveling experience a lot easier and faster.I have already experienced in last october buff and it was unpleasant to the point I have stopped playing.

Seems too difficult to add a right click option on buff to remove it.

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:Again, they are giving a bonus that we can't remove if we don't like it...I certainly don't want to speed up my leveling experience, but now I am forced to. Or just take a break from the game !

GW2 scales the player level to the zone they are currently in. So if you take a LV 80 into a LV 15 zone, your stats are downgraded to LV 15. You'll still be a bit overpowered because you will have all traits unlocked, etc, but the XP and gear you get is still relevant. You don't "outlevel" zones the way you used to back in WoW.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:GW2 scales the player level to the zone they are currently in. So if you take a LV 80 into a LV 15 zone, your stats are downgraded to LV 15. You'll still be a bit overpowered because you will have all traits unlocked, etc, but the XP and gear you get is still relevant. You don't "outlevel" zones the way you used to back in WoW.

Thank you, I know this. As you said, you are still overpowered and it is a lot more easier to play. I like it the hard way and it is currently not possible.I could play a level 80 character because there it makes no difference, but I wanted to level up an engineer, guess I will have to wait.

Minor point but I really hope GW2 never ends up in a state where a couple of passive bonuses qualifies as an event. My other MMO does that, instead of things like Dragon Bash and Lunar New Year their festivals are almost all a passive XP boost and double the normal drops you can get all year round in 1 map, and somehow this is supposed to be special.

I'm told that's what MMOs normally do, but coming from GW1 & 2 it came as a surprise that there were no special festival quests or mini games involved.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:GW2 scales the player level to the zone they are currently in. So if you take a LV 80 into a LV 15 zone, your stats are downgraded to LV 15. You'll still be a bit overpowered because you will have all traits unlocked, etc, but the XP and gear you get is still relevant. You don't "outlevel" zones the way you used to back in WoW.

Thank you, I know this. As you said, you are still overpowered and it is a lot more easier to play. I like it the hard way and it is currently not possible.I could play a level 80 character because there it makes no difference, but I wanted to level up an engineer, guess I will have to wait.

Try wearing blue gear. That'll make it more challenging so that you get a deeper understanding of playing your class in difficult settings.

@keenedge.9675 said:Try wearing blue gear. That'll make it more challenging so that you get a deeper understanding of playing your class in difficult settings.

My engineer is level 2, so he starts with white gear and then I wear when I find, playing sort of solo self found. I never use black lion or my bank to access other characters items or materials.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

the leveling experience is dead easy with or without the boost.

If it bothers you so much, wait 3 weeks and play your level 80 during the event instead.