Why do you keep catering to condi afkers Anet

@Drennon.7190 said:

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Why, why do you keep catering to bad players?

Because in their desperation to attract “new players” they want to lower the game’s skill ceiling, delete high skill cap builds, and promote easy to play/face-tanking builds.

Anet is doing everything they can to close the gap between skilled players and smooth brains.

LVGV55E.jpg

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@pninak.1069 said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

There arent really any power builds that can do that. Not even Power Rev. On the other hand, Condi thief, condi mirage (if protected) and burn guard can do that with ease.

power rev, power mirage, power core mesmer, power ranger,holo, core power guard/dh traps can burst people for 75% hp in a blink of an eye, and thats just off the top of my head.condi builds cant do that other then some niche or specific cases like burn buard or mass confusion from condi mesmer into you hurting yourself with confusion.

People still die to DH traps?

people still dont use cleanse?

There’s not enough cleanse in the game for the cancer that everyone plays.

I have 1 condi cleanse every 30s and im doing guchi

Im gonna doubt that, because that gets messed up real bad by condi theif, or even condi engineer.

im used to getting fucked by thief, see no difference in condi thief now and old power thief, just a matter of perspective

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@pninak.1069 said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

There arent really any power builds that can do that. Not even Power Rev. On the other hand, Condi thief, condi mirage (if protected) and burn guard can do that with ease.

power rev, power mirage, power core mesmer, power ranger,holo, core power guard/dh traps can burst people for 75% hp in a blink of an eye, and thats just off the top of my head.condi builds cant do that other then some niche or specific cases like burn buard or mass confusion from condi mesmer into you hurting yourself with confusion.

Im gonna doubt that, because that gets messed up real bad by condi theif, or even condi engineer.

im used to getting kitten by thief, see no difference in condi thief now and old power thief, just a matter of perspective

Well, that still leaves every other condi build. Even Condi Engineer which isnt exactly ... good.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

It’s gucci like the brand. Saw it and it didn’t sit right with me.

There’s no explanation for fashion.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

im used to getting kitten by thief, see no difference in condi thief now and old power thief, just a matter of perspective

Well, that still leaves every other condi build. Even Condi Engineer which isnt exactly ... good.

I have seen only 1 good condi engi, I think we are safe

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

My point wasnt that Condi Engineer is some kind of omni-present menace. More that with 1 condi clear, every single condi build should obliterate you.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

My point wasnt that Condi Engineer is some kind of omni-present menace. More that with 1 condi clear, every single condi build should obliterate you.

they do, evade and avoid

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Double on that, the guy's lying.

Iirc I only have 1 cleanse on a 40s CD. Mind you im also fairly mobile so I need to learn not to get hit by them

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Iirc I only have 1 cleanse on a 40s CD. Mind you im also fairly mobile so I need to learn not to get hit by them

bingo, if you learn how to deal with condi thiefs when they are OP you will obliterate them when they are balanced

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

bingo, if you learn how to deal with condi thiefs when they are OP you will obliterate them when they are balanced

But that would require people to adapt ;)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

they do, evade and avoid

So your solution is to ... avoid ever fighting them? For one, that doesnt really solve the issue, but more importantly, what do you do when their sidenoder and their teamfighters both run condi? Just GG go next?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

they do, evade and avoid

So your solution is to ... avoid ever fighting them? For one, that doesnt really solve the issue, but more importantly, what do you do when their sidenoder and their teamfighters both run condi? Just GG go next?

you can evade and avoid someone while still harassing, attacking, decapping etc.I expected thief main to know such thingsTime they waste attacking you without killing you is the time you both provide same value to the team, nothing. even if you can lead them away and rotate back to the team faster then they can you will on average do much more then them.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

they do, evade and avoid

you can evade and avoid someone while still harassing, attacking, decapping etc.I expected thief main to know such things

I havent played thief in half a year, Im an Engineer main. That being said, thief can only do that because they have superior mobility. And because the thief can always be useful somewhere. But in bunker metas, where the thief cant deal with their sidenoders, let alone the teamfight, thief struggles greatly. That sounds like exactly the situation you should find yourself in a lot. So, you too would struggle?

Time they waste attacking you without killing you is the time you both provide same value to the team, nothing. even if you can lead them away and rotate back to the team faster then they can you will on average do much more then them.

The condi builds will kill you if they attack you. You have one cleanse, you need at least 5 to have a chance of surviving.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

they do, evade and avoid

you can evade and avoid someone while still harassing, attacking, decapping etc.I expected thief main to know such things

I haven't played thief in half a year, I jumped on the Proto bandwagon and claim I main Proto now, because identifying myself as bandwagonner will damage my psyche.
Sounds about right.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@"pninak.1069" said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

they do, evade and avoid

I haven't played thief in half a year, I jumped on the Proto bandwagon and claim I main Proto now, because identifying myself as bandwagonner will damage my psyche.
Sounds about right.

Cute theory. Only issue? I dont play Holo. I havent played Holo since early on in PoF. Im playing Core Grenade Engineer. Go on, tell me how playing that build is "bandwagoning", despite the fact that Ive been playing it since it was still Cele Engineer.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"pninak.1069" said:I think you see it too liniear. Condi dmg can be strong sure, but since most of the builds in most of the metas we have revolve around power. It just sounds as an excuse not to take condi cleanse with you. Maybe you should try playing condi yourself. I highly doubt it is as fast you think, because you have a long ramp up time where most power builds just gonna do 3/4 of an entire healthbar in a blink of a second.

they do, evade and avoid

Sounds about right.

Cute theory. Only issue? I dont play Holo. I havent played Holo since early on in PoF. Im playing Core Grenade Engineer. Go on, tell me how playing that build is "bandwagoning", despite the fact that Ive been playing it since it was still Cele Engineer.

I don't have to, sometimes a roast is just a roast. It doesn't need to be accurate to provide comic relief.

I'm a Mesmer, illusions, subterfuge and comedy are part of the kit.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

they do, evade and avoid

Sounds about right.

I don't have to, sometimes a roast is just a roast. It doesn't need to be accurate to provide comic relief.

Nah. You were hoping for a gotcha moment there, and when you embarassed yourself by missing completely you run with your tail between your legs. I guess the comic relief is in you making a fool of yourself?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

they do, evade and avoid

Sounds about right.

Nah. You were hoping for a gotcha moment there, and when you embarassed yourself by missing completely you run with your tail between your legs. I guess the comic relief is in you making a fool of yourself?

Now, now, you know what happens when you assume :wink:I invite you to take a look at the edited line in my previous comment. I'm sure you'll find it most revealing. The comic relief in this case is provided by you getting all defensive and scrambling to prove me wrong.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

they do, evade and avoid

Sounds about right.

Now, now, you know what happens when you assume :wink:

The assumption gets proven right? Im not sure what you were going for here, but it seems like another swing and a mess.

I invite you to take a look at the edited line in my previous comment. I'm sure you'll find it most revealing. The comic relief in this case is provided by you getting all defensive and scrambling to prove me wrong.

"Jokes on them, I was totally being sarcastic". Didnt work as a defense before. Still doesnt. Also, me pointing out the thing I have not exactly been hiding is "scrambling to prove you wrong"?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

they do, evade and avoid

Sounds about right.

Now, now, you know what happens when you assume :wink:

The assumption gets proven right? Im not sure what you were going for here, but it seems like another swing and a mess.

I invite you to take a look at the edited line in my previous comment. I'm sure you'll find it most revealing. The comic relief in this case is provided by you getting all defensive and scrambling to prove me wrong.

"Jokes on them, I was
totally
being sarcastic". Didnt work as a defense before. Still doesnt. Also, me pointing out the thing I have not exactly been hiding is "scrambling to prove you wrong"?

You keep proving my point, c'est la vie.

another thing I want to mention is that some people claim they use condi cleanse. Now my question is : Do you use them efficiently or do you cleane directly when you lieterally got one stack of a condition on you? It is pretty much wasting the dmg prevention it could provide. For me I found out that best time to use condi cleanse is when the ramp up time of condis is complete, because the condi player gonna need to ramp up again from the start. good example would be an autoattack that applies a condition. once you reach the maximum stacks with that auto the opponent needs to cleanse otherwise they gonna take more sagnificant dmg. And depending on builds you propably have to wait out and take a bit more dmg from condi to avoid a major condi bomb at the right moment. it also depends on the condition that does most dmg to you at that time. So for me I consider high amount of torment and burning in issue, while most of the other condis can be waited out pretty much.