THINGS and TRUTHS who NEVER i saw in the forums

We are in a period where every new day, come to us informations about upcoming mmo games.(project tl, blue project, new world, Elyon, ashes of creation and many others mmos)Games with directx 11-12, unreal engine 4+ or with new engines who are exploited multiple threads and many other things.At February we listen , ncsoft will upgrade blade and soul at new unreal engine 4!!!!All these just i thinking...And now what i saw?I saw a stationary gw2 with new fashion and nothing more.I saw weak pve game mode .i saw many wvw servers (full servers) allmost like low at actuality.i saw college students who they make d912pxy or directx12 programms-addons for gw2 and blade and soul(3+years now exist this addon) for better fps and in fact its working.......My questions areworld of warcraft game from 2004 have dx11- dx12 and gw2 game of 2012 cant have official dx>9??Your programmers cant fix dx12 for the game and they can some college students?(actually i dont believe that but why happens?)You can make the blade and soul playable at unreal engine 4 but you cant the gw2?And all these the latest roll backs on game and this new pve lag spike what is??? (4 days now!)I personally understand that interest has been lost even for smooth maintenance of servers and and we are stay at the mercy of fate.I wish I was wrong but what do you see people?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If interested, you can peruse the forums or archived forums for the Dev posts on why they haven't changed the engine to utilize DX12.

Good luck.

I do not disagree that it has been discussed but out there is a third party program-addon unofficial who can run the game on dirextx12...Can a third person make a addon for dx12 and cant arenanet ?? :)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Again, you can read the Dev posts on why it has not been implemented.

Nothing to do with "can't".

I do not disagree with you, I disagree with the idea who said has not been implemented until now, but on the opposite side has been around for a long time a third person an addon who make it happens and implemented from many users

dx mod stuff, I tried it and noticed no big improvement. there are other issues to begin with. Still can't hide backpacks and infusions. (these stuff make you lose the most fps btw, some attention whales like jumping around with their embiggening potions and glittery crap and they think it's awesome.) Many people ignores this but stereoscopic rendering is broken outside the vanilla maps still.

Other than that we still can't hide team mates nameplates. No meaningful fix to visual clutter. Give me a button to turn off unnecessary skill effects already. Of course, this isn't a big issue in small groups or fractals but in open world? To run the game at max graphics and actually able play it, I'm using sunglasses and a quantum pc.

Patching something client-side is far easier and less risky than changing it server-side. If someone uses d912pxy, at most they're risking their account but realistically they may just have to deal with crashes or glitches that won't affect the account itself. Changing something like that server-side means risking the entire database and everyone's accounts in a worst-case scenario and requires a lot of testing to make sure the game doesn't break for everyone. And given how coding works, it's not unlikely that in trying to upgrade to DX12, several other things will break and require fixing, and of those several some will further break unrelated parts of the engine that no one could have predicted.

Upgrading from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4 also isn't too hard as NCSoft did not have to make the engine and, presumably, Epic Games streamlined some or all of the upgrade process from 3 to 4. Guild Wars 1 and 2 run on a proprietary engine so Anet themselves would have to write an entirely new engine in addition to upgrading GW2 to it. If they were change to a different game engine, that would also require a lot of work and break a lot of the current coding.

Blizzard was able to upgrade WoW's engine because they are a massive company with multiple games that bring in income. Blizzard also merged with Activision in 2008 so they had additional resources to upgrade the engine on top of what Blizzard had just by itself.

And the EU rollback, while large, was one of something like 2 or 3 rollbacks in GW2's nearly 8 year history. Server lag is an issue but you can't use an extremely rare occurrence as proof that the engine needs to be changed, not when so many MMOs and other online games have had rollbacks regardless of what engine they use.

Let's get something straight here

ArenaNet ≠ NCSoft

NCSoft is simply a Publisher for ArenaNet, meaning it foots the bills for new development for ArenaNet, a portion of money ArenaNet makes goes back to NCSoft to payback the 'loan'

@"Mitsen.3247" said:Games with directx 11-12, unreal engine 4+ and many other things.At February we listen , ncsoft will upgrade blade and soul at new unreal engine 4!!!!

Unreal Engine is a licensed engine from Epic, Epic already done the hard work to build UE4 and create tools to assist developers to migrate their game from UE3 to UE4This is how Epic makes money, license game engines and try to keep developers to continue to use their engine, it's called "Customer Retention".

Epic must have already done a migration demo for NCSoft's board of directors to show that it will be low investment to do the migration, and possibly part of the package deal to buy UE4 license from Epic's sales team.

GW2's engine is a proprietary, Anet will need to pour loads of money to develop and test a new engineThis will need approval from NCSoft who keeps their eyes on the money, who will unlikely to approve Anet to spend the money

I saw weak pve game mode .Expand what you mean by 'weak', the leveling experience is much better than other games, the open world meta events are more funLet's look at WoW, the leveling experience is basically none since WotLK, there is basically nothing to do in opening world, you are just doing dungeons on repeats to gear grind to gear grind in raid, and becomes irrelevant with the next expansion.

i saw many wvw servers (full servers) allmost like low at actuality.Full simply means the world the player is aligned to, not an indication of whether players are playing WvWPeople will always try to transfer to a world that is winning, it's just a nature thing with player mentality, always wants to win, never wants to lose

i saw college students who they make d912pxy or directx12 programms-addons for gw2 and blade and soul(3+years now exist this addon) for better fps and in fact its working.......My questions areworld of warcraft game from 2004 have dx11- dx12 and gw2 game of 2012 cant have official dx>9??Let's look and compare the demographics of the people who plays the games, the operating model, and how much money each company have?

• GW2 players majority are super casual, and stingy on monthly subscription vs WoW have a large population of nothing but playing WoW
  • Player who came to GW2 because it's Buy2Play, meaning it's a once off payment to Anet vs WoW's monthly subscription = steady stream of monthly income
  • ArenaNet's annual sales revenue of 50M (59B Won) vs Activision Blizzard's annual sales revenue of 6.45B

Your programmers cant fix dx12 for the game and they can some college students?(actually i dont believe that but why happens?)There's a big difference between software running natively vs emulation, what d912pxy is simply an emulation

Sure you can squeeze that extra few fps, but there is no way around the CPU bottleneck without rebuilding the engine because DirectX is simply a renderer.

No matter how much people kick and scream for DX12, ArenaNet cannot do anything unless NCSoft approves the money.

@Zephire.8049 said:Upgrading from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4 also isn't too hard as NCSoft did not have to make the engine and, presumably, Epic Games streamlined some or all of the upgrade process from 3 to 4. Guild Wars 1 and 2 run on a proprietary engine so Anet themselves would have to write an entirely new engine in addition to upgrading GW2 to it. If they were change to a different game engine, that would also require a lot of work and break a lot of the current coding.

GW2's engine is basically GW1's engine with a giant bowl of spaghetti code on top. Which means the engine was already seven years old and borderline obsolete at GW2's release, and is certainly obsolete now. It's not just behind the curve; it's down a lap and losing ground. Updates MUST happen.

@Jimbru.6014 said:

@Zephire.8049 said:Upgrading from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4 also isn't too hard as NCSoft did not have to make the engine and, presumably, Epic Games streamlined some or all of the upgrade process from 3 to 4. Guild Wars 1 and 2 run on a proprietary engine so Anet themselves would have to write an entirely new engine in addition to upgrading GW2 to it. If they were change to a different game engine, that would also require a lot of work and break a lot of the current coding.

GW2's engine is basically GW1's engine with a giant bowl of spaghetti code on top. Which means the engine was already seven years old and borderline obsolete at GW2's release, and is certainly obsolete now. It's not just behind the curve; it's down a lap and losing ground. Updates MUST happen.

GW just had its 15th birthday, so the core engine is minimum 15 years old, possible ~17

it's just the reality with the limitations of technology due to laws of physics, CPU's performance has pretty much peaked out without melting, Moore's Law of CPU performance would double every 18 months got thrown into the trash can

@Jimbru.6014 said:

Yep. Given that GW1 came out in 2005, it's not unreasonable to assume the engine itself was built in 2002 or 2003 (or was largely completed if not polished), so GW2 is running on an ~18 year old game engine. The dev video about how they had to jerry-rig mounts was interesting and also helps to illustrate how what may seem simple is difficult or outright impossible with the current engine. It wasn't until LW4 that they actually figured out a way to make moving platforms that acted like elevators.

I definitely agree that the engine needs to be upgraded, but DX12 is far from the main or only reason to do so like the OP (and others who think it's so easy to do and the only reason the engine should be upgraded) says it should be. More like it's a bonus to better tools, better models and animations, and better server stability. Not to mention being able to future-proof an engine in the way the current one wasn't.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:Let's get something straight here

ArenaNet ≠ NCSoft

NCSoft is simply a Publisher for ArenaNet, meaning it foots the bills for new development for ArenaNet, a portion of money ArenaNet makes goes back to NCSoft to payback the 'loan'Technically, no. NCSoft is the parent company of Anet, not publisher. NCSoft was the publisher of GW2 for a while, but they gave up on that and let Anet be its own publisher.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:Let's get something straight here

ArenaNet ≠ NCSoft

NCSoft is simply a
Publisher
for ArenaNet
, meaning it foots the bills for new development for ArenaNet, a portion of money ArenaNet makes goes back to NCSoft to payback the 'loan'Technically, no. NCSoft is the parent company of Anet, not publisher. NCSoft was the publisher of GW2 for a while, but they gave up on that and let Anet be its own publisher.

NCSoft did allow ArenaNet to be its own publisher for a short period of time (a few months, maybe a year), but resumed as publisher some time ago (a year or more).

@Mitsen.3247 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Again, you can read the Dev posts on
why
it has not been implemented.

I do not disagree with you, I disagree with the idea who said has not been implemented until now, but on the opposite side has been around for a long time a third person an addon who make it happens and implemented from many usersThat addon has a lot of problems that are okay in a third-party application made by users for users, but would not be okay if they were part of an actual game.

Notice also, that, while d912pxy may show some nice increases for FPS, it does next to nothing about the real causes of game slowdowns and bottlenecks. You can test it yourself, by getting into a 3-way zerg fight in WvW.

So, to sum it up, d912pxy is (as far as quality required of gw2 devs is concerned) at best an early beta quality stuff, and the improvements it offers, while nice, are mostly superficial. Any real improvements to the gw2 engine would require a lot more effort, and would definitely not be something "some college students in their free time" could manage.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Again, you can read the Dev posts on
why
it has not been implemented.

I do not disagree with you, I disagree with the idea who said has not been implemented until now, but on the opposite side has been around for a long time a third person an addon who make it happens and implemented from many usersThat addon has a lot of problems that are okay in a third-party application made by users for users, but would not be okay if they were part of an actual game.

Notice also, that, while d912pxy may show some nice increases for FPS, it does next to nothing about the real causes of game slowdowns and bottlenecks. You can test it yourself, by getting into a 3-way zerg fight in WvW.

So, to sum it up, d912pxy is (as far as quality required of gw2 devs is concerned) at best an early beta quality stuff, and the improvements it offers, while nice, are mostly superficial. Any
real
improvements to the gw2 engine would require a lot more effort, and would definitely not be something "some college students in their free time" could manage.

so it is not possible to go to dx 12 for some reasons (for better fps).It is not possible to see an upgraded machine that uses many cores at the same time (for better fps) on blob fights or at pve big fights.If all these are unimpossible, what we must wait on next patch?Lets make a video the devs and tell us what we expect at this year on next patch-expansion...Outthere coming some fresh things...postscript for the other answers up thereAnd i dont think all these are unimpossible ,but i believe ncsoft want not give more money for the development of game.Arenanet is subsidiary of ncsoft , eigther they want to or not the people on forums.

@lokh.2695 said:

what do you see people?I see people complaining about other people complaining about other people.

I am complaining about your post complaining about people complaining about people complaining....

we've hit maximum complaints...the cycle is complete. :)

Complainception?

Complainception™ (trademarked by lokh.2695)

There - fixed it for you :)