So, what does the Warrior actually do well?

Mini.4806

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question so just how slow is hammer? and should dmg be increased by a lot and kept slow? or should they gain quickness like the way necros in reaper shroud do?

Or maybe they should adjust speed of the hammer a bit and increase dmg by a lot?

I heard it was good only in vanilla is that accurate?

Considering I used to get 14k Backbreakers without 25 stacks of might or 25 stacks of vulnerability on a target, yeah it was great in vanilla.

Warrior hammer and Guardian hammer both kind of need to be reworked at this point. Both are slow AF high risk weapons. Warrior hammer at least used to de good damage to reward the risk of such slow telegraphed abilities, but since CmC decided that CC shouldn't ever do damage we're left with an incredibly slow weapon that cant really capitalize on its own CCs. If they brought the PvE Fierce Blow into the competitive mods then the weapon would be slightly better.

If it lost the CC and kept the dmg would it still be good? Example:If it was possible to make one CC on weapon with a cd that is good but does little dmg but the to her ones with no CC did a lot of dmg.

Also what makes warrior weapons diff from other class weapons? EG eles with lightning rod nec with their chill cripple?

Is it possible to decouple stuns without a huge overhaul to make ccs separate tool for ANET to control while also keeping damage?

Would huge overhauls be needed of the builds and skills be needed for this to work?

Backbreaker is kind of iconic. It needs both the damage and the CC honestly. IF CC never gets its damage back though I'd change hammer 4 to remove the knockback and have it just be an AoE dps skill with a short cast time that deals more damage, or recharge more quickly, versus crippled foes for synergy with hammer 3.

Ele Lightning Rod is Anet F*cking up. The trait allows Ele to continue to deal damage with CCs, not that you should ever get killed by it mind you, but is a perfect example of their 'balance' decisions.

Chill and cripple are soft CCs, which Anet is okay with dealing damage, so Necro Chill/cripple just slows you down and doesn't stop you from responding.

The whole stun vs stability thing is a huge clusterf*ck right now. Honestly, I'd like to see a return to non stacking Stability, where stab isn't removed per CC, then reduce the durations of all stab sources, like at launch. There was no reason to remove damage from CC while at the same time reducing damage across the board.

Question how dependent on modifiers are you that involve stun? is there a modifier that says when mob is stunned you do 20% dmg more or something.?

If so should they be touched if stun amounts are reduced for something else to make more useful in a less stun dependent environment for warriors?

Merciless Hammer does 20% more for hammer versus cc'd foes. It also gives 10 Adrenaline per foe you CC.

The question then is should merciless hammer be changed? or should CC dmg be incorporated in another way? if stuns and ccs are removed wouldn't it make this trait useless? and that adrenaline thingy that's like life force from nec and charges for guardians special move? how important is that adrenaline gain from that trait?

I think before changing something removing a lot of considerations has to be made and I don't really know about warrior since I never played one so maybe clearing this all up will bring ANET here to change hammer somehow for the better.

Are there any other considerations to be made in changes to traits alongside this to make warriors function better? how so?

The hammer trait should simply add dmg back to CCs.

Its in a GM slot and competes with 2 very strong GM traits.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Axl.8924" said:The question then is should merciless hammer be changed? or should CC dmg be incorporated in another way? if stuns and ccs are removed wouldn't it make this trait useless?Hammer should not have lost the damage on CC skills in the first place and just adding it back in should have been Arenanet's most important change with the new changes for the sake of changing things up patch.Arenanet disregarding this is as direct as them straight out saying "we don't want Hammer Warriors to be useful in PvP".

I think before changing something removing a lot of considerations has to be madeArenanet is following some convoluted design vision that mows down every that doesn't fit in. They don't take any kind of consideration about ruining things that were fine. They don't do exceptions.

I don't really know about warrior since I never played one so maybe clearing this all up will bring ANET here to change hammer somehow for the better.Clearing up anything on the forums does not matter, as the developers aren't reading the forums.All the feedback that Arenanet has done nothing with except ignoring it is more then sufficient proof of them disregarding player opinions.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I got a question so just how slow is hammer? and should dmg be increased by a lot and kept slow? or should they gain quickness like the way necros in reaper shroud do?

Or maybe they should adjust speed of the hammer a bit and increase dmg by a lot?

Considering I used to get 14k Backbreakers without 25 stacks of might or 25 stacks of vulnerability on a target, yeah it was great in vanilla.

Warrior hammer and Guardian hammer both kind of need to be reworked at this point. Both are slow AF high risk weapons. Warrior hammer at least used to de good damage to reward the risk of such slow telegraphed abilities, but since CmC decided that CC shouldn't ever do damage we're left with an incredibly slow weapon that cant really capitalize on its own CCs. If they brought the PvE Fierce Blow into the competitive mods then the weapon would be slightly better.

If it lost the CC and kept the dmg would it still be good? Example:If it was possible to make one CC on weapon with a cd that is good but does little dmg but the to her ones with no CC did a lot of dmg.

Also what makes warrior weapons diff from other class weapons? EG eles with lightning rod nec with their chill cripple?

Is it possible to decouple stuns without a huge overhaul to make ccs separate tool for ANET to control while also keeping damage?

Would huge overhauls be needed of the builds and skills be needed for this to work?

Backbreaker is kind of iconic. It needs both the damage and the CC honestly. IF CC never gets its damage back though I'd change hammer 4 to remove the knockback and have it just be an AoE dps skill with a short cast time that deals more damage, or recharge more quickly, versus crippled foes for synergy with hammer 3.

Ele Lightning Rod is Anet F*cking up. The trait allows Ele to continue to deal damage with CCs, not that you should ever get killed by it mind you, but is a perfect example of their 'balance' decisions.

Chill and cripple are soft CCs, which Anet is okay with dealing damage, so Necro Chill/cripple just slows you down and doesn't stop you from responding.

The whole stun vs stability thing is a huge clusterf*ck right now. Honestly, I'd like to see a return to non stacking Stability, where stab isn't removed per CC, then reduce the durations of all stab sources, like at launch. There was no reason to remove damage from CC while at the same time reducing damage across the board.

Question how dependent on modifiers are you that involve stun? is there a modifier that says when mob is stunned you do 20% dmg more or something.?

If so should they be touched if stun amounts are reduced for something else to make more useful in a less stun dependent environment for warriors?

Merciless Hammer does 20% more for hammer versus cc'd foes. It also gives 10 Adrenaline per foe you CC.

The question then is should merciless hammer be changed? or should CC dmg be incorporated in another way? if stuns and ccs are removed wouldn't it make this trait useless? and that adrenaline thingy that's like life force from nec and charges for guardians special move? how important is that adrenaline gain from that trait?

I think before changing something removing a lot of considerations has to be made and I don't really know about warrior since I never played one so maybe clearing this all up will bring ANET here to change hammer somehow for the better.

Are there any other considerations to be made in changes to traits alongside this to make warriors function better? how so?

What trait is it competing with exactly that is competing?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Berserker's Power for +7% damage per bar of adrenaline spent when you hit and Might Makes Right, which gives healing and endurance per might stack gained.

CCs need damage back, or Anet at least needs to acknowledge that not every CC needed its damage removed and return damage to some skills like Backbreaker and Earthshaker. If they absolutely refuse to do that then I'd like to see the bleed stacks on Body Blow increased to 4 and for Unsuspecting Foe to cause confusion when you strike a CCd foe with no CD.

In general, the warrior is fairly good at granting "power". It was it's niche support at release but since then ANet have been pretty generous with might on about every professions. Which is why now the only advantage of the warrior is banners and empower allies.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Berserker Power and Might makes right. 2 very good options.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Berserker's Power for +7% damage per bar of adrenaline spent
when you hit
and Might Makes Right, which gives healing and endurance per might stack gained.

CCs need damage back, or Anet at least needs to acknowledge that not every CC needed its damage removed and return damage to some skills like Backbreaker and Earthshaker. If they absolutely refuse to do that then I'd like to see the bleed stacks on Body Blow increased to 4 and for Unsuspecting Foe to cause confusion when you strike a CCd foe with no CD.

Wow had no idea that dmg was that bad on hammer. So tell me then does berserker power make up power wise for the lacklusterness of merciless hammer? or guess no since you guys are lacking in appearance in PVP? I'm guessing no since i keep hearing that few to no warriors seen.

If so maybe they should revise that whole CC doing no damage and reinstate the old version.

Would those bleeds be enough on bodyblow to make warrior with hammer viable?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

when you hit
and Might Makes Right, which gives healing and endurance per might stack gained.

Wow had no idea that dmg was that bad on hammer. So tell me then does berserker power make up power wise for the lacklusterness of merciless hammer? or guess no since you guys are lacking in appearance in PVP? I'm guessing no since i keep hearing that few to no warriors seen.

If so maybe they should revise that whole CC doing no damage and reinstate the old version.

Warrior Dmg is so low, mintrel gear is meta in WvW.Because, if you cant do dmg atleast increase the "meh" healing.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

when you hit

Between F1 and the weapon skills only 3 deal damage, one of which is the AA chain. Merciless Hammer is okay DPS wise, the best part of it is the adrenaline gain per foe you CC, but MMR usually beats it out. If you see a warrior with a hammer prepared to be tickled.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

when you hit

Would those bleeds be enough on body-blow to make warrior with hammer viable?

Warrior Dmg is so low, minstrel gear is meta in WvW.Because, if you cant do dmg at least increase the "meh" healing.

What kinda survivability do you have with the healing? that's really disappointing if even with minstrel the healing doesn't make up with huge survivability if not.

There was a man who argued that i shouldn't let the changes and quality impact but i still say that's nonsense if a war main wants to play warrior in pvp and quality of life is impacted so as to fun factor should we ignore it and play another class? or should we complain on forum and hope ANET hears it?

ignoring a problem isn't going to make the problem go away.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

They were before mmr turned useless, 60 hp when u apply might may as well not exist when comparing to damage taken and nerfs to might. I actually find beserker power to be the only useful one now

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

They were before mmr turned useless, 60 hp when u apply might may as well not exist when comparing to damage taken and nerfs to might. I actually find beserker power to be the only useful one now

What is MMR? i don't understand that lingo sorry if i seem ignorant of that.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Have you tried Merciless Hammer lately?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Might makes right, it gives 65 hp and 2 endurance every time u give urself might.Maybe if they changed it to 65hp per sec while u have might may make it somewhat useful.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

No sir been few weeks since logged in, is it decent?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Might makes right, it gives 65 hp and 2 endurance every time u give urself might.Maybe if they changed it to 65hp per sec while u have might may make it somewhat useful.

EWW that's trash even as regen that's not that good either when you are taking easily hundreds of damage per hit, and from single hit that's plain awful unless you can gain a lot more from a heal than that(say a couple thousand hp and it comes up often enough on low cd to heal repeatedly without icd.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Aye. It's trash because hammer is trash. Slow, telegraph-heavy weapons should deal enormous damage to compensate. Like, game design 101: High risk for high reward. Instead of, like, infinite risk for limp noodle. But hey, they're the experts.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

EWW that's trash even as regen that's not that good either when you are taking easily hundreds of damage per hit, and from single hit that's plain awful unless you can gain a lot more from a heal than that(say a couple thousand hp and it comes up often enough on low cd to heal repeatedly without icd.

Yeah the fact its healing AND might got nerfed it basically was double nerfed, it was effective initially cuz it synergize with heal signet which also got nerfed to useless values so it's like devs just pile drove wars sustain without considering all the synergies that was effected, not surprising given the devs.

in pve ,they are support-gods through "Empower Allies", might production and all their banners.Together with that, they still have enormous amount of CC and very high damage.

sidenote: Dont compare Guild Wars 2 with other Mmorpgs.Cuz gw2 isnt some other game. And not all mmorpgs are the same.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Only as decent as hammer lol, but dat adrenaline gain though is sweet af.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Does merciless hammer give enough dmg to actually kill people with?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Does merciless hammer give enough dmg to actually kill people with?

You'd have to combo Earthshaker ->Fierce Blow -> Backbreaker -> Fierce Blow -> Hammer Shock with possibly further chaining into Staggering Blow to another Earthshaker and Fierce Blow depending on how tanky the foe is, but ES and BB are telegraphed AF so good luck initiating the chain much less them not stunbreaking to avoid the extra damage on Fierce Blow+Merciless Hammer. But yes versus someone who has blown all their CDs and dodges sure you'd kill them if you went full glass to maximize Fierce Blow. Not saying at all that you should do this though unless you were with a coordinated group with a pocket Firebrand, even then you'd bring more to the group if you ran something else.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

when you hit

Would those bleeds be enough on body-blow to make warrior with hammer viable?

Warrior Dmg is so low, minstrel gear is meta in WvW.Because, if you cant do dmg at least increase the "meh" healing.

What kinda survivability do you have with the healing? that's really disappointing if even with minstrel the healing doesn't make up with huge survivability if not.

About 2,5 to 3k group healing per shout. And you play between 3-4 shouts (one from a trait).

The Healing warrior can do is a nice extra to every group but not even remotely close to a actual support class.

But if the question is 2k power for 3 more dmg or 2k healpower for 2k higher healing, the answer is obvious.