People are AFK-Botting at Drizzlewood to get unfair map participation / event rewards - [Merged]

@realviizz.4982 said:all the Necro seems to do is spam GS4 on cooldowngenuine question, does any actual player actually utilize the ability to set their autoattack to skill 2-4? I see absolutely no reason to set my aoe or heal skill to autocast, so why is this a thing?

remove that feature and don't award any drops/participation if only the minions deal any damage... simple fix is it not?

add auto-logout on top of that if the character does not move at all in a certain time frame... that alone would actually serve as a fix since you cannot login if you are not at your pc, right^^

@Mauzi.5892 said:Why do people keep making excuses. Whoever decides to place an engi or necro at a certain spot, does that with the intention to leech and afk.i'm 100% with this entire post...played enough other games that were destroyed with bots... one of them had login queues that took hours due to bot spam and people still defended them.

@Tiryan.4371 said:

@realviizz.4982 said:all the Necro seems to do is spam GS4 on cooldowngenuine question, does any actual player actually utilize the ability to set their autoattack to skill 2-4? I see absolutely no reason to set my aoe or heal skill to autocast, so why is this a thing?

remove that feature and don't award any drops/participation if only the minions deal any damage... simple fix is it not?

add auto-logout on top of that if the character does not move at all in a certain time frame... that alone would actually serve as a fix since you cannot login if you are not at your pc, right^^

@"Mauzi.5892" said:Why do people keep making excuses. Whoever decides to place an engi or necro at a certain spot, does that with the intention to leech and afk.i'm 100% with this entire post...played enough other games that were destroyed with bots... one of them had login queues that took hours due to bot spam and people still defended them.

I haven't played any game that was "destroyed" by botters, because if that was the case, all MMOs would be destroyed already. (they all have bots)I'm not saying it's impossible. So tell, me what games were these? I'm actually curious because i have never seen it happen.

that comment was referring to a game called silkroad online, released by joymax 2005, see:

but there's also old lineage 2, NCSOFT 2003, see:
Ncsoft used to ban players that were complaining about all the botters back then. Last I heard those players initiated a class action lawsuit but no idea how it turned out.The new versions of lineage have an official bot integrated nowadays.. way to go ;)

for me personally even WoW falls under this category. I used to play lots of battelground pvp during the second addon (wotlk) and I had matches with 5 bots in a 10vs10 that ran straight to the enemy spawn zone, used their aoe, died and returned in an infinite loop.

I don't think arguing the severity of the issue is feasible tho. There should have been a zero tolerance policy in gw2 from the start. If you permaban a few accounts it sends a message... if you do nothing and tolerate them the same applies. In addition the fix I suggested above should be an easy solution aswell, change my mind.