How to counter perma-stealth 4-shot-kill rifle deadeye?

solemn.9608

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:almost as if thief in their mind needs to be deleted or completely unusable because even a just barely viable teef is a OP teef.

Which says a lot about how ridiculous the core mechanics of the class are.

Lol naw I meant through the biased eyes of players who dislike the class view any barely viable build on teef as OP and in need of deletion.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:almost as if thief in their mind needs to be deleted or completely unusable because even a just barely viable teef is a OP teef.

Which says a lot about how ridiculous the core mechanics of the class are.

I get that you're just doubling down on trolling to get reactions but Anet isn't balancing or making changes to thief based on it's overall performance or how the profession stacks up aside others. Anet is going to make changes to promote a build that fits into a +1 or rock-paper-scissors role and it will dismantle other perfectly fine builds to push people into that role. If thief mechanics were ridiculous, they'd be in way more demand and more people would stick with it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, kai.5149 said:

You seemingly havent entered wvw roaming in quite some time ? there are primarily de spamming 1 skill and porting around and there is no counter to that, so the rock-paper-scissors argument is also invalid.

Nothing can kill a de with at least half a brain who can kite for days

Core Thief and Daredevil have no problems in facing DE.

Other classes and spec too can face a DE, if the player has a brain, instead of panicking.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, kai.5149 said:

Thief is just too forgiving compared to EVERY other profession in wvw. That should be fixed, if the thief fails it should die like every other class there is, and not be given free out of jail card to come like a fly over and over again

Before ele, mesmer, ranger, engi, ecc.. die, they need to fail 10 times more than thieves.

Go try by yourself: take old Daredevil build based on interrupts and dodges, then go fighting.

Interrupt your opponent, dodge all his best skill and combo, make him fail and fail again.. and when at the end you will die, come back on forum and tell us which class is more forgiving. XD

Or play Deadeye. In my roaming experience, 90% of Deadeyes are trash and free kills. If you think that Deadeye is so OP and forgiving, go play it against good players that know how to play their class and counter it.
(of course this doesn't mean that DE is weak, DE is really strong, but you can play against it).

Edited by SehferViega.8725
  • Like 1

Don't rely on chasing, bait them into your defense like reflects/projectile blocks. If you need to flush them out during stealth, a tethering AoE like gs guardian's  binding blade, thieves daggerstorm, and necromancer's tainted shackles.

Alternatively, fire sigils do make good indicators whether you hit a stealthed target. Or go Spellbreaker with megabane tether & pulsing resistance.

I specifically look for deadeyes.

If they mark you it is just a simple matter or timing that dodge/block from the sound effect to shot.

If you see the tracing line when they snipe then it is easy to time that dodge/block. 

The majority will shoot... at some point shadow step.... shoot once or twice.... then shadowstep back to the original spot.... just remember where that spot is and when they step back charge it while they are briefly disoriented. 

I always carry target painters.  In my inventory I have 2 shared slots.... I keep my inventory as small as possible.... painter in the top left slot...  if I know a deadeye is near I keep my inventory open and to the right over or near my "7,8,9,0" keys.  Easy to click click then throw. 

When i am running the elite signet that turns the enemy into a moa, I'll wait till u dlcan do that before I unleash my burst. 

I have ranged abilities, so I couldn't advise what any melee should do when the deadeye perma imobs you though.

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 1