We need more emotes!

Samaelle.9301

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested a /zen one a long time ago. It could put the player in a floating lotus sitting position with a slight glow. It would only be usable outside of combat, stow any mentions/pets, make the player not be a target for attacks/join party requests and unable to be rewarded from events until they move. It'd really just be a way to say the player is AFK. They could also make it automatic for anyone idle for 10 minutes or longer to avoid people camping on a spot to get rewards with pets and minions doing the dirty work.

@"Catty.3894" said:We have threaten, try it.

Bugger, yes! I meant /insult. I always want to do that when yet another NPC waves their ego in my face via unskippable "dialog". :p

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I suggested a /zen one a long time ago. It could put the player in a floating lotus sitting position with a slight glow. It would only be usable outside of combat, stow any mentions/pets, make the player not be a target for attacks/join party requests and unable to be rewarded from events until they move. It'd really just be a way to say the player is AFK. They could also make it automatic for anyone idle for 10 minutes or longer to avoid people camping on a spot to get rewards with pets and minions doing the dirty work.

That is a REALLY cool idea for implementing an AFK status!

I'd prefer an AFK emote to be more in the "emptyheaded drooling" side, because, well, I don't find it to be a dignified "activity", but I would buy that Zen emote too without any doubt.Emotes is something in which this game clearly behind. Please add more, sell them in the gemstore and make money while making the game better.

@"Ardid.7203" said:I'd prefer an AFK emote to be more in the "emptyheaded drooling" side, because, well, I don't find it to be a dignified "activity", but I would buy that Zen emote too without any doubt.Emotes is something in which this game clearly behind. Please add more, sell them in the gemstore and make money while making the game better.

They could have different AFK ones. /sleep should also put a character into a AFK state where they can't gain rewards or take damaged. It'd save on having to rez people who leave their characters in a bad area then walk away from their computer. I don't know how many times I've rezed someone only to have them die again after I leave.

@"PopeUrban.2578" said:Make a big enough thread about it and they'll sell them to you for 800 gems each if you're lucky, 400 gems to get a random one from a selection of 30 if you aren't.

Because it's "only cosmetic"

800 gems is too much for an emote. A set of emotes, perhaps, but not a single emote. A set of 5 emotes MIGHT be worth 400 gems, even if it's a set of random emotes from a pool of 50.

I know you only made this post to poke fun at the mount licenses (which are fairly priced), but frankly, I bet a lot of people would put down gems for more emotes period so long as they are well made and intriguing.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:There is a chair our characters can sit in:

!
HTIneAZ.jpg

GW2 has a killer animation team. Just take a look at some of the mount animations:

ArenaNet could make a huge profit if they sold emote packs, IMO.

There is some real polish to the motions of the Raptor. It's one of the reasons I like it but also hate it because they didn't put as much polish in the Springer. Not saying the animations aren't good for Springer, but they just lack the same polish as the Raptor (although the Springer dismount is fun as kitten).

I proposed a similar question in another thread, about propositioning players' willingness to sell mount emote packs. To separate it from other gem store sales though, I'd suggest making some emotes for your mounts earnable through collections or having the gem store unlock be content centered around your mounts where the reward can be a certain emote/set of emotes.

I wouldn't mind there being in-game earnable emotes for your characters either but I'd personally prefer just selling them in packs.

@Shard.4791 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Primos Relay> @sorudo.9054 said:

in case you wonder, this is a list of emotes GW1 has, the chat channel reconizes them but they do nothing.
it's time Anet uses the inactives one.

What?! They already have the necessary assets from the previous game?!
/facepalm

[Edit] Here is another recent thread on the same topic:

IIRC GW2 was built on top of GW1's game engine. What they
might
have is humanoid animations since humans were the only playable characters in GW1. Charr and asura most likely need tweaking regarding them. Let's not take for granted that it would be easy to bring old GW1 emotes back even for humans. Most likely there's not much additional GW2 emote content ready at this moment and some emotes being disabled is not really indicative of anything.

No, they don't have any animations in GW2 from the GW1 emotes, they had to create new animations just for GW2...regardless of whether people think the engine was just updated from GW1 for GW2(I'm tired of telling people that's not the case, except maybe in the most basic sense), but it would take Dev time out of making new content to create new Emotes in GW2...oh, and resources and money, both of which I think can be better spent on new content.

@Zaklex.6308 said:...but it would take Dev time out of making new content to create new Emotes in GW2...oh, and resources and money, both of which I think can be better spent on new content.

Just wanted to point out that this argument can be used for practically any suggested content you can think of so long as you spin it in a way that shines an objective light on subjective matters. At the end of the day, what the devs spend their resources and money to implement have to go through more screenings of subjective worth than simply the preferences of some of the playerbase.

@Ardid.7203 said:Emotes are new content for me. Raids are not.I'm willing to pay for emotes. I'm not interested in mount's skins (even less if they are rng).I know I'm only me, but I don't think I'm so special.

I've paid for mount skins, but I'd happily pay again for extra emotes and dances. One of the handful of QoL features I've been waiting a while for.

Archived