NPC Armor.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:(...)
armour.

Depends on whether you write (or speak) in BE or AE. Hence the joke "americans are getting rid of u" or something along those lines.

(Hoping that's why you put that word in bold.^^)

I think its bolded because the poster wants to make it clear they want Armour, not an awkwardly coloured Outfit.

@"Westenev.5289" said:Depends on whether you write (or speak) in BE or AE. Hence the joke "americans are getting rid of u" or something along those lines.(Hoping that's why you put that word in bold.^^)

I don't want the stuff end up as outfits that cannot be mixed with other skins.I couldn't care less about the U.S.A.'s past agenda of breaking words to make printing cheaper.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:Depends on whether you write (or speak) in BE or AE. Hence the joke "americans are getting rid of u" or something along those lines.(Hoping that's why you put that word in bold.^^)

I don't want the stuff end up as
outfits
that cannot be mixed with other skins.I couldn't care less about the U.S.A.'s past agenda of breaking words to make printing cheaper.

Got it, nevermind me then. I totally agree about making more armo(u)r!

Interestingly that skirt is the same one Demmi Beetlestone wears, which I thought was unique to her. The rest of the set is different however. I don't think I've ever seen those boots before, and the (possibly matching) cuffs look unique too.

I'm not sure why this happens, but it is annoying when NPCs are wearing things we can't use. I wish they'd make them available, even if it's just stand-alone pieces and not full sets. (Since it's often NPCs wearing a mix of available and unavailable things.)

@Fueki.4753 said:

I don't want the stuff end up as
outfits
that cannot be mixed with other skins.I couldn't care less about the U.S.A.'s past agenda of breaking words to make printing cheaper.

I have to admit I assumed the same thing - that the emphasis was about the spelling and not advocating armour over outfits, I think partially because outfits hadn't been mentioned and partially because I know several British people who will fixate on American spellings online, even when they know it was an American writing it.

@Danikat.8537 said:I have to admit I assumed the same thing - that the emphasis was about the spelling and not advocating armour over outfits, I think partially because outfits hadn't been mentioned and partially because I know several British people who will fixate on American spellings online, even when they know it was an American writing it.

With so many people having too many actual spelling errors on game forums (I probably have some of those, too), I don't think there is any point in pointing out regional variances though.But I don't think this subject should derail the thread any further.

It's a matter of NPC armours not having versions for all other races. Sure, Anet could probably release a race-locked armour sets outside of the cultural armours, but it seems they, for some reason, are unwilling to go that way - and they are also seem to lack the resources to upgrade those sets to all-race ones.Which is ironic, seeing as they were very proud during GW2 development of their armour system, which they (according to info from that time) developed specifically so that there would not be something like npc-only armour sets, and that all armours would be accessible to players.

As Icebrood Saga releases, shown, it's quite easy for them to release armors that have been here since a long time: I think of Bear shaman armor pieces, Raven Shaman armor pieces... I doubt they had the idea to add those when finishing ls4 or while working on dragonfall. They created those two sets fairly rapidly, surely in 3-5 months in parallel of the episode release.It is because they can't or because they don't want? I simply think that they thought releasing those extra norn skins must happens during a norn related episode, instead of just popping outside randomly at a moment of the year. They will do the same to add more asura skins: They will wait to have a asura focused expansion or episode before releasing them (note the phase scalpel, spammer, inquest backpack during ABITS and not so far later, mark II weapons). For sylvaris, well the same, during an episode, since hot is already done. Humans got their skins during PoF. Through, if there is another human episode, they may add more skins.

I really think, they want to develop and release them; but during an episode involving the race those armors have been made for.See, in the charr episodes, well, grothmar and drizzlewood, we got several skins of weapons and armors. So i think this is their method of doing it. I'm okay with it.

@hugo.4705 said:

I really think, they want to develop and release them; but during an episode involving the race those armors have been made for.See, in the charr episodes, well, grothmar and drizzlewood, we got several skins of weapons and armors. So i think this is their method of doing it. I'm okay with it.

If it's like that, than salad lovers (including me) are kinda screwed, aren't they...

@anninke.7469 said:

If it's like that, than salad lovers (including me) are kinda screwed, aren't they...

Erh... who knows. Maybe in woodlands cascade we can see a sylvari encampment, tree or town. But it's true that a place at the north of harathi, it's surely centaurs and seraphs.. there is a sylvari town in kessex, but none in gandarran... well.. will see, but apart if we return in the west....