Kittymarks - The derpy girl's comprehensive benchmark

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:If it works for you and the groups you go with Kitty, keep it up. Winning AND having fun is all that matters in the end to most players. Also believe it or not people do exist that enjoy support Druid gameplay... >.> So not everyone feels "forced" to be that role.

I guess that's why 'most players' run meta right? Kek.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:If it works for you and the groups you go with Kitty, keep it up. Winning AND having fun is all that matters in the end to most players. Also believe it or not people do exist that enjoy support Druid gameplay... >.> So not everyone feels "forced" to be that role.

I guess that's why 'most players' run meta right? Kek.

Correction, most players TRY to run meta. Honestly it's the best way to go I can admit that, my point is that a lot of crap works in raids. If your concern is just getting a win then this stuff is alright to go with with the caveat that your group knows and accepts it. Foisting weird builds on an unknowing group is not the way to go either.

We revs didn't get into raids with that sadly....now we are at least mentioned in the "meta" and while that doesn't always mean anything to most it does, so yea.And I actually think this "Kitty" is a qT member trolling the crap out of us all just cuz she can? Would make more sense really! :astonished:

Problem is that such builds and composition mostly need more than 5-10 tries for a group to kill a raid boss and that's a lot of time you have to invest - not once, no, every single time. Even with non-optimal players with meta comp the time can run out on bosses or get very close so not running "good stuff" will often result in having troubles. Additionally you won't improve very much as a group if you are running suboptimal builds. The progress is little to 0 and I can't imagine that it'll be fun to (try to) kill bosses for several weeks that way while you can oneshot a lot of them with a proper setup.

I 100% agree. Many people are really stubborn and sticking to meta solutions because they "believe" they do what benchmark says while in reality power reaper would outdps those silly weavers in real life scenario. I hope Kitty won't get discouraged by haters in this thread and continues her progression. Her videos can be somewhat a diary of raid progression without stressful wannabe speedrunners attitude and toxic atmosphere.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I 100% agree.
Many people are really stubborn and sticking to meta solutions because they "believe" they do what benchmark says while in reality power reaper would outdps those silly weavers in real life scenario.
I hope Kitty won't get discouraged by haters in this thread and continues her progression. Her videos can be somewhat a diary of raid progression without stressful wannabe speedrunners attitude and toxic atmosphere.

No, unfortunately. (On the marked part)Also what is a real life scenario for you?

I 100% agree.
Many people are really stubborn and sticking to meta solutions because they "believe" they do what benchmark says while in reality power reaper would outdps those silly weavers in real life scenario.
I hope Kitty won't get discouraged by haters in this thread and continues her progression. Her videos can be somewhat a diary of raid progression without stressful wannabe speedrunners attitude and toxic atmosphere.

No, unfortunately. (On the marked part)Also what is a real life scenario for you?

A scenario where one is carried by 2 druids expected to run meta, 2 chronos expected to run meta, 2 pswars expected to run meta and 3 others carrying the special snowflake builds until someone kicks. Like i did last night with a special engi pulling 4k DPS and downing to everything :D

Ill add one more note, if someone wants to run some off meta build don't lie your way into a group that is asking for proper stuff. Go start an anyone welcome group and save everyone the time.

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

A scenario where one is carried by 2 druids expected to run meta, 2 chronos expected to run meta, 2 pswars expected to run meta and 3 others carrying the special snowflake builds until someone kicks. Like i did last night with a special engi pulling 4k DPS and downing to everything :D

Ill add one more note, if someone wants to run some off meta build don't lie your way into a group that is asking for proper stuff. Go start an anyone welcome group and save everyone the time.

This applies to wannabe speedrunners aswell. If your LFG doesn't say anything about meta builds/comp I can join with any build. E.g. if you ask for "dps" and nothing else, my power reaper is perfectly fine for your group.

@Lunaire.9741 said:

Like i did last night with a special engi pulling 4k DPS and downing to everything :D

Wholly cow Batman! I am 56yr, still a bit of a clicker (getting better) but I can pull close to 30k on my Renegade. Point being if I ever saw that I was doing that low of dps I would hang my head in shame and save you all the kick and leave. Constant downed doesn't learn mechanics and 4k on Engi means someone isn't trying. Just sad, and sorry you all had to deal with that. Come on people, you need to be at least somewhat skilled and valuable else you just looking to get on someone's back for a free ride.And that's not on.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

This applies to wannabe speedrunners aswell. If your LFG doesn't say anything about meta builds/comp I can join with any build. E.g. if you ask for "dps" and nothing else, my power reaper is perfectly fine for your group.

I agree assuming you actually pull off proper DPS. Nothing worse than a DPS class joining and doing under 10k. I dont care to spend hours wiping on a boss. Ill agree that it also sucks when theres an anyone welcome or no reqs group and someone joins expecting perfect run perfect dps etc and stars preaching. I mean you kinda know what your walking into there. Thats why i like to make my LFG's clear.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

Really? Just really.....??? Keep thinking that mate. :/

@Joxer.6024 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

There is no reason I should assume anything about your group, if your LFG stays "dps" only. Nothing about meta, speedrunning etc. Anything should do. Power reaper and power rev included.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

I 100% agree.
Many people are really stubborn and sticking to meta solutions because they "believe" they do what benchmark says while in reality power reaper would outdps those silly weavers in real life scenario
. I hope Kitty won't get discouraged by haters in this thread and continues her progression. Her videos can be somewhat a diary of raid progression without stressful wannabe speedrunners attitude and toxic atmosphere.

LOL what garbage groups have you been in? I'm in a static group and while we don't care about the whole speedclear thing, we do care about being efficient and weavers have been doing over 40k dps on certain raid bosses. Even when we LFG for a pug and a weaver joins they do very high DPS - because shock some people actually give a crap about their performance. If you play with trash, don't expect good results.

And that group has every right to kick you if your DPS and performance is poor, forcing them to carry you.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:This applies to wannabe speedrunners aswell. If your LFG doesn't say anything about meta builds/comp I can join with any build. E.g. if you ask for "dps" and nothing else, my power reaper is perfectly fine for your group.Of course. When I look for DPS, I don't care if you play zerk weaver, valkyrie necro or minstrel warrior. What particular build you chose to play is entirely up to your discretion. However, if you don't deal a reasonable amount of DPS, you shouldn't be surprised if you get kicked. Many people have a very twisted idea of what's acceptable. If LFG description says "DPS", it doesn't mean "free ride for you, play anything you want". It means exactly what it says - play anything that deals good DPS. If you don't accomplish that (whatever the reason), people have the perfect right to kick you.

I've had countless people in my groups that run off-meta builds, or builds that are meta, but not for the particular encounter. Do I kick them straight away? No. Many of these people play unusual builds, because they like their flavor or are just bored of the same meta (as Kitty likes to point out time and time again). And because they're really good players, they can pull their weight even on an off-meta build. But then again, there are people who think they do good DPS on their GS reaper, but proceed to get outDPS'd by domi/inspi chronos.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Joxer.6024 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

There is no reason I should assume anything about your group, if your LFG stays "dps" only. Nothing about meta, speedrunning etc. Anything should do. Power reaper and power rev included.

You are not seeing my point. WHY would bring that class to a raid, full well knowing you wont do well. Forget its not meta or whatever, its just doesn't do well or doesn't fit the makeup of the group (yes, that's important), so why on earth would you play it? Cuz you can? Who is that helping? that's my point. I tried Ele at one stage and "thought" I was pretty good at it. Was meta thru and thru but I sucked. Didn't fit my playstyle at all (fat finger clicking syndrome ) so I excused myself from the run, said sorry guys I will be a burden good luck and left.Don't bring something to a raid full knowing its going to blow just to prove a point. Actually have a thought about the other 9 maybe?

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

Real life is the thing that you see when you turn to your window of choise and look out. Anyways.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lunaire.9741 said:

I 100% agree.

And this is the reason why we need dps meter and gear check.There's a difference between playing a necro because it's fun and it doesn't matter to you how much time you spend on a boss if everyone's fine with it (which I am in pugs/t4, as long as the build is right and not power) and just joining with the knowledge of playing a build w/o any contributes to group dps just playing pure selfish

Saw your videos on page 5. Go back and learn the classes before showing it off, . You're not even top-dps on a terribly bad pug group pulling such low numbers. Although I admire your efforts, you shouldn't be making benchmarks without fully understanding the classes first, and you certainly shouldn't be posting them with such few attempts.

Just going to quote this great post again. Sums up everything about your kittymarks.

@Ertrak.9506 said:People aren't upset about kitty using off meta builds...

People are upset because she is claiming to be knowledgeable about something she clearly is not. Trying to make standards for things she had demonstrated that she does not understand.

Benchmarking off meta builds, or even just making a "this is around what you should be able to do as a normal person" guide is great! Please do that!

But you can't do that when you do things like overwrite boon stacks and use the wrong weapons on a build because it sets a very bad example and gives dis-information, which ultimately means people who use these guides don't improve or worse, play worse than before.

Please just understand the builds you use before doing these guides.

Please don't give people more reason to confirm their stigmas against off meta builds.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:Kitty's been theorizing a bit now. Normal condi-geared herald that gives 33% boon duration, 225 ferocity and 25 might to surrounding peoples (65,06% boon duration on itself).

https://youtu.be/h_xVnbWMJA4

Ofc Kitty derped the execution a bit, but she does find this build quite promising. Math-wise it can upkeep 25 might on allies if properly played.

Btw, this would replace a PS warrior, allow the other PS warrior to use less might-duration gears and allows off-support chrono go full zerker's with leadership runes and sigil of concentration catering for quickness-duration (96% boon duration for said chrono). And said chrono would actually do some decent damage with 2 alacrity phantams and 1 sword phantasm.

I've tried experimenting with a might stack condi herald and it's pretty easy to use the full dps gear just replace the geomancy for sigil of strength. No need to faff about with food or upkeeping nature facet. ~21-22 consistent might stacks at 25k dps was the kind of numbers I was obtaining. If you have warhorn Druids it would be enough for consistent 25 in ideal circumstances IMO. It's an interesting idea however it's inferior to a PS Warrior for several reasons.

• less dps
  • no ranged option
  • reliant on blasting fields for majority of might stacking
  • less damage buffs than warrior
  • way less cc

Even if it had more damage I still wouldn't really recommend it.

Anyway as for the thread in general, I like the idea of off-meta benchmarking but I feel like you can't really claim that the builds or rather the person playing them presents reasonable alternatives to meta playstyles seeing as 3rd dps on KC or facetanking mechanics at Cairn isn't the most impressive thing to watch. If anything it will probably further stigmatise people who play off meta builds. Which is a bit sad because I love my special snowflake condi holosmith.

Kitty spent half a yesterday figuring alternative mightbots and she ended up in a conclusion that pretty much all but ranger and engibuilds can decently keep up 20+ might on squadmates without too bad losses. And today she took healer/mightbot/barrier scourge to Sam and condi mightbot herald to Gors No Updrafts to test them out in real situations (and like usual, herpderping a lot while at it). Not too shabby.

"Kitty was 4th best DPS"

In a setup with 5 dps classes and one dying that was better than you before it means you were the worst dps. And the dps meter shows the huge difference between the carrys of the run.Also, you didn't rez your mates nor played the mechanics right. Yes, you get your kills but it's not because of you it's depsite of you as it can be clearly seen by both videos as evidence. Sorry, but in a setup with 10 players on your skill level in one squad you'll never be able to kill a raid boss besides Escort and maybe Cairn + MO.

just going to use those last two videos as discussion points.

1st video - Why ? You were barely if at able to contribute to the group. Your damage was on par with a low-end cPS warrior. You could have just played that instead and brought banners and been equally as useful.

2nd video - Why even bring corrupt boon ? There's nothing to gain from it other than poisoning yourself. Additionally the healing you gave was virtually non-existent and the barriers are almost pointless in that fight due to the instagib nature of the walls. Also, you're punishing the group by not having a shred of useful CC to keep Rigrom and Co seperate whereas a druid in the same spot would have it and have net gains to support.

Archived