Death's Judgment broken in WvW by not requiring the Deadeye to mark its actual target

Shadowcat.2680

@miriforst.1290 said:It should be fixed. Because its better that a bug gets fixed than for balance to take place taking these bugs into account. Imagine if the range of magnet pull got halved or the cooldown doubled because it sometimes pull people into the stratosphere on uneven terrain resulting in a 1 h.k.o. (this needs to be fixed btw). Deadeye is fine and the most balanced out of the new elite specs, providing a new playstyle without overshadowing previous options entirely. But this bug is working against the core concept of building stacks and then executing the target when the time is right.

Playing with and against a deadeye is fun otherwise. Im not sure i can say that about much in this game. And it would be a shame if they would get nerfed based on a bug.

Careful there, friend. Don't call it a bug nor attempt to utilize a core concept of the class for discerning intent. Intent and implementation can only be gleaned from a narrow reading of the tooltips of individual skills and nothing else. Working as intended! Anyone using anything other than deductive analysis in discussion of DJ will be promptly shot: one hit, one kill.

(I get what you're saying about magnet pull. That's a good analogy for how DJ can end up becoming too nerfed if Anet looks to balance by numbers alone.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kolisch.4691 said:https://imgur.com/a/IZPK1

never thought i'd get 1 hit though... was looking for him to get revealed (i don't have that nice zoom out many people use) then when turning around he shot from behind (out of my screen). hit by nearly 25k on 25.5k HP and 3.2k armor.

The reveal from Death's Judgment is of minimal use to the target since the deadeye doesn't have to mark the person he hits with that 25k shot. If you're lucky, you spot said deadeye taking the shot (during its 3/4ths of a second cast time/your mileage will vary depending on ping). But it's all too easy for a deadeye to open a fight with that 25k due to how the Death Judgment skill currently functions.

@Roxanne.6140 said:What kind of deadeye build lands 25k dj on a player? I've been trying out deadeye and don't see this number. If u need to full charge malice, then the stars must align for such a shot to work considering malice doesnt stay charged forever and it's so easy to break los on wvw.

with the armor he has, he probably was marked. then you can do that number with a build like the one i use, even a bit more. on low thoughness you do hit over 30k without marking them tho. and yes you need full malice for that.

LoS is not a problem as i am permanently stealthed and got +50% movementspeed in stealth, i can just follow the target unless they really like run away with lots of movement skills as i need to stop from time to time to stack more stealth and want to keep my shadowstep as its my only stunbreak.

the only thing i saw that was making it harder for me was a ranger once marked he put ballista blueprints in a small circle around him - cause this shot doesnt pierce. that was a nice one.(i didnt attack while he was placing cause it was in his tower and he wasnt alone - i was tho) apart from that more and more people dogge this shot and i use alot more backstabs now, unless i am in enemy keep/tower.

@Roxanne.6140 said:What kind of deadeye build lands 25k dj on a player? I've been trying out deadeye and don't see this number. If u need to full charge malice, then the stars must align for such a shot to work considering malice doesnt stay charged forever and it's so easy to break los on wvw.

5EVUcUc.jpg

i was playing on my warrior with about 2.8k def, auto endure pain and bla bla bla...

this hit came from literally nowhere when i was duelling in wvw. no marks. no shit. just the tiny red beam for less than half a second. that deadeye was jumping around invisible for quite a while. and none of the roamers around could catch up on him even after he killed me. people even built ballistas to kill the guy.

deadeye is pretty fast infight. can stack tons of blinks or invis. and can hit from (almost) stealth for 30k+. anybody saying this is alright, you could dodge and so on seems to be pretty biased. you will not allways keep in mind to save a dodge roll for a deadeye who is possibly around.

this kind of playstyle just sucks...

@Xari.1086 said:

5EVUcUc.jpg

i was playing on my warrior with about 2.8k def, auto endure pain and bla bla bla...

this hit came from literally nowhere when i was duelling in wvw. no marks. no kitten. just the tiny red beam for less than half a second. that deadeye was jumping around invisible for quite a while. and none of the roamers around could catch up on him even after he killed me. people even built ballistas to kill the guy.

deadeye is pretty fast infight. can stack tons of blinks or invis. and can hit from (almost) stealth for 30k+. anybody saying this is alright, you could dodge and so on seems to be pretty biased. you will not allways keep in mind to save a dodge roll for a deadeye who is possibly around.

this kind of playstyle just sucks...

uhm i am currently on drakkar and thats my rank in the screenshot ! and the RoF dudes up the hill watching chased me a while before at north of the map i was salty and wanted to return the favor, glad it worked! :Dalso i marked you 18s before the shot same with your duelling partner.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:the ambients don't need to be on the mapYea thanks, as a necro I salute you for that great idea to let me start every fight with 0 Life Force.

Or in other words: If a skill is broken, fix that skill and not other stuff which causes new problems. Pretty trivial, isn't it?

Besides that: The maps will look and feel weird and empty without ambient creatures.

So it's ok for everyone else to have a combat advantage from ambient creatures just not a thief?

Cause if you can build life force why cant someone else build their class resource off an ambient?

You want to fix ambient creature abuse? Fix it for everyone, don't be a hypocrite about it.

At least when a necro uses a white mob ambient for life force, said mob dies. A deadeye marking an ambient for malice stacks doesn't even aggro the mob, much less kill it.

How does it make any difference? If DE aggroed a mob, how would that change literally anything in this situation?And how does the fact that "necro kills a mob" makes it in ANY way better? Is killing a single regular mob suddenly hard? Or what's exactly your point here? Because honestly I can't see where you're going with this ""argument"".

Seriously, walk me through your thought process.

Ability to camp a white ambient for combat advantage.

Like you'll run out of mobs as necro, right?

In a given location, yes. And life force has a cap. Malice will build to full stacks and rinse and repeat so long as the deadeye stays within 1500 units of its mark. As a resource, it's endless so long as the deadeye can find any mob nearby to mark. A comparison to a warrior's adrenaline could be made, but it'd be as faulty as the comparison to a necro's life force. Adrenaline does not stay full and has to be built again by finding something new to attack.

..life force gained has a cap, but the resource can be filled infinitely and as many times as you want.The arguement of rinse and repeat could be used for a necro as well, in the time that it takes to generate full malice your mobs would respawn, in a practical setting you would have moved to a new location with new mobs, rinse and repeat.Generating an infinite source to be able to recharge your life force after or before combat if you are not fullGiving you a combat advantage.

PvE mobs need to be removed, everyone coming in to WvW should come in with nothing until they actually fight

A necro can't take out a toon's entire health pool in one shot with that resource. Death's Judgment needs work. It should at least require the deadeye to mark its target, else the concept of the mark, of knowing you're in the deadeye's sights before that 20k+ shot, is rather pointless.

Oh you're right...A necro's resource is actually much worse..It's not like you canAoE Boon stripload enemies with condiesgrant barrier ( LARGE barriers) to teammatesconvert condies on teammates andcreate area denial with shades

Necro's are much worse off,

/s

Seriously though, a necro in WvW is one of the meta classes that can, with enough of them, determine the flow of a zerg fight or even a roaming fight, same as warrior with it's WoD.
Thief has an over performing skill, sure, make that argument, its valid.
A lot of skills are over performing, burst condi necro's are one of them (theirs a reason necro's were one of the first nerfed)

A Necro's resource has much more of an impact on the whole of WvW be it roaming or zerging, and pretending that it isn't is silly.

What kind of deadeye build lands 25k dj on a player? I've been trying out deadeye and don't see this number. If u need to full charge malice, then the stars must align for such a shot to work considering malice doesnt stay charged forever and it's so easy to break los on wvw.

with the armor he has, he probably was marked. then you can do that number with a build like the one i use, even a bit more. on low thoughness you do hit over 30k without marking them tho. and yes you need full malice for that.

LoS is not a problem as i am permanently stealthed and got +50% movementspeed in stealth, i can just follow the target unless they really like run away with lots of movement skills as i need to stop from time to time to stack more stealth and want to keep my shadowstep as its my only stunbreak.

the only thing i saw that was making it harder for me was a ranger once marked he put ballista blueprints in a small circle around him - cause this shot doesnt pierce. that was a nice one.(i didnt attack while he was placing cause it was in his tower and he wasnt alone - i was tho) apart from that more and more people dogge this shot and i use alot more backstabs now, unless i am in enemy keep/tower.

One thing I do when marked on my own thief is immediately go to stealth. With Hidden thief you then mark the same (mark does no reveal you) if he out of stealth then move around to a location with a convenient LOS blocker. . Very often he will pop out to take a DJ on another target and you DJ him in turn. Given they are kneeling and locked in the DJ animation your chances to hit him go up.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

@Kolisch.4691 said:

never thought i'd get 1 hit though... was looking for him to get revealed (i don't have that nice zoom out many people use) then when turning around he shot from behind (out of my screen). hit by nearly 25k on 25.5k HP and 3.2k armor.

The reveal from Death's Judgment is of minimal use to the target since the deadeye doesn't have to mark the person he hits with that 25k shot. If you're lucky, you spot said deadeye taking the shot (during its 3/4ths of a second cast time/your mileage will vary depending on ping). But it's all too easy for a deadeye to open a fight with that 25k due to how the Death Judgment skill currently functions.

Except this guy was hit with it during the fight, he was probably marked and could dodge it, but just came here to cry because reacting to the skill is too hard in a game that's pretty much based on doing that to succeed.

@babazhook.6805 said:One thing I do when marked on my own thief is immediately go to stealth. With Hidden thief you then mark the same (mark does no reveal you) if he out of stealth then move around to a location with a convenient LOS blocker. . Very often he will pop out to take a DJ on another target and you DJ him in turn. Given they are kneeling and locked in the DJ animation your chances to hit him go up.

i personally dont DJ on another target if i suspect the thief still nearby. but i killed a lot of deadeyes the way you describe :Dtho i mostly get em by standing in their black powder a few times to reveal them and DJ on their attempt to restealth during heartseeker or if malice at full with backstab

Archived