WVW stale Minstril blobs Everywhere!

xan.8549

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys tried playing well? I see these posts about how nobody can kill anybody and all that makes me think is that everybody who's complaining must have really weak play and just wants to blame it on something so they don't have to confront their weak play.

"Not enough boon hate" are you serious? Have you not played with a chrono, spellbreaker or scourge? Maybe instead of coming here to whine about things that already have a solution you guys could try playing real comps. As much fun as you might have on your roamer builds, there's a reason no guild groups play them. They're not designed for fighting other groups. Sorry to say it but if you want to compete with semi competent groups you'll have to play well and play builds that fit the group. Otherwise you're just a meat shield rally bot.

Meh these boon ball commanders are actually the worse. They suck up the entire map on them to sit in enemy keeps farming pug bags, (I hope they aren't actually trying to farm bags cause it's sad trying to farm bags in the worst mode for loot). Must be a new made up mini mode for wvw like gvg, survival mode, where you sit in siege and bombs and try to last 20 mins on a wall. State of wvw is so sad.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Meh these boon ball commanders are actually the worse. They suck up the entire map on them to sit in enemy keeps farming pug bags, (I hope they aren't actually trying to farm bags cause it's sad trying to farm bags in the worst mode for loot). Must be a new made up mini mode for wvw like gvg, survival mode, where you sit in siege and bombs and try to last 20 mins on a wall. State of wvw is so sad.

Agree,it's boring af. I havent logged in a week now. Its a boring clownfiesta.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@lovemghool.7613 said:no zerg is unkillable.

its called organization, communication and numbers.

Defeat the zerg by zergingGot it

What? You expected a magical solution?You can try to cloud if your allies are skilled but there is a point where numerical superiority out-scales your skilled few and organized pugs and then clouding wont produce defeated enemy players. It gets worse if the enemy zerg is also skilled and communicating.

There is no balancing/controlling that can help fix an imbalanced game mode by design. You cannot control how everyone around you play, their builds, their interest in helping, their time, etc. In the end large scale combat is what WvsWvsW is all about. If you refuse to zerg then you cannot maintain the standing of your server.So if you want to win against another group of players maybe try to group up? this is what MMOs used to be right? organization, communication and numbers. The more time zones you cover the better too.

Or you can water it all down so it is easier to digest and even misinterpret.

Go zerging!

it's really not a big deal. I just returned after about 2 years off from wvw, and things are way better actually. I play an immob Soulbeast, and core dps guard. No amount of minstrel stats can protect you against immob spam. People just need to accept the immob Soulbeast as part of the meta to separate and bust these blobs.

Also, both my characters comfortably wear marauder gear. Getting spiked is 10x more survivable than it used to be when PoF launched and for 2 years after. This is when you would go from full HP through downed state to dead by just touching a red circle.

@xan.8549 said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion.

I couldn't disagree more.

The compositions of the blobs aren't the problem, it's;

• Blob size - map cap blobs can't lose
  • Fair-weather server transfers are the problem, they cause the map sized blobs
  • Lack of significance for Objectives is the problem - the walls got nerfed
  • Pathetic defender siege is the problem - people wanted it nerfed, it got nerfed

Now there's nothing you can do to defend things - game is boring for THAT reason, not because of blob composition.

@mistsim.2748 said:it's really not a big deal. I just returned after about 2 years off from wvw, and things are way better actually. I play an immob Soulbeast, and core dps guard. No amount of minstrel stats can protect you against immob spam. People just need to accept the immob Soulbeast as part of the meta to separate and bust these blobs.

Also, both my characters comfortably wear marauder gear. Getting spiked is 10x more survivable than it used to be when PoF launched and for 2 years after. This is when you would go from full HP through downed state to dead by just touching a red circle.

Although I agree that things are better than POF launch, or honestly even a year after it launched. Immob isn't that strong with the amount of cleanses scrappers bring. Immob is stronger than people think, simply because you can't reliably count on a scrapper being in each party, or for that scrapper to pay attention to whether their party is immob'd. But not enough to shift a meta towards it imo.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"xan.8549" said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion.

I couldn't disagree more.

The compositions of the blobs aren't the problem, it's;
  • Blob size - map cap blobs can't lose
  • Fair-weather server transfers are the problem, they cause the map sized blobs
  • Lack of significance for Objectives is the problem - the walls got nerfed
  • Pathetic defender siege is the problem - people wanted it nerfed, it got nerfed

Now there's nothing you can do to defend things - game is boring for THAT reason, not because of blob composition.

Pretty much that the game kinda grew old way to fast, but imo still the ping pong between condi and boon convertion back and forth is a big flaw in the game as well wich kinda boost the boon balls, it could ended a bit better, and some classe could atack directly the boon duration rather we convert the condi back to a "long" duration boon, this is why playing in blob can be somewhat the best way to win since objectives doesnt matter much, hold doesnt matter, upgrades are done automatically, and its a game of zerg what is empty to ktrain/PVD.

For example imagine well of sufering cutting players affected boon duration by 30% or 50%.