Would you pay for Housing DLC? - Similar to ESO

Halbarz.3854

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jovel.5706 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Where's the option[NO] I don't want anet to waste resources on content that adds zero to the game.You can disagree, but to say that it's a waste of resources is subjective. I could easily say the same for current aspects of GW2. People also used to say the same thing about mounts but are lapping it all up now.

Isn't expressing subjective opinions the point of the poll?

I also vote in the missing option: "no", not at any price

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Xbon.9086 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:(...)For example if you're human, salma district. if you credit any nodes to your account (or after certain achievements, etc) you get things built up in your home... a full home would credit you a very nice source of income every day :3... but to buld up to that point would be thousands of gold, tons of gems, etc.

Well, that would be to much, guild already have the free farming house on Lions Arch wich i think its already stupid, but i can see a way to impove that mining within some balance, but would need WvW changes and had to deal with the supply line and what supply camps your guild were defending etc (but the game is way to basic 111111 spam is already way to hardcore for the developers), and i bet who proposes WvW fixes or decent mechanics, on ANET gets fired throwed out of the window so no dev will ever do it.

Joking asside (i love t joke how bad ANET is, hard to resist...), have u seen how other sandbox mmo's inovated, on this matter even ESO is a basic game when we talk about housing system w/o any strategie behind it.I dont think ANet should stay behind on this area, they need to start INOVATING their game, and add some sandboxing on salma district and GH...gw2 is already an outdated game cause ANet sold more the word inovate than actually inovated.

Sorry, but by INNOVATING, do you mean doing the same thing as every other MMO? ESO housing is a blatant cash grab, I forgot SWtOR even had housing until this post, FF14...?

Why does every game have to have aspects of the sims? Did we not all start playing GW2 tonmill monsters, and live through an interesting story? Housing in a game like this seems as pointless as anything in BDO. Need fish? AFK fish for days. Got to level 60? Hope you like fighing the same people over and over, because PvE is just monsters in the open world, and PvP is all that's left, or AFK life skills.

I don't think player housing is doing much, if anything at all, to keep this game from being the top MMO.

Well as a first start, I think Guild Hall's need alot of the stuff you mentioned way before there is housing that does it.

We don't even have Crafting Stations in Guild Hall's, why would they put them in Player housing?

To combat the City issue, they could implement crafting rescrictions like alot of other games do. So Vanilla stats could be crafted anywhere, however like Vipers requires XXX Zone to be crafted in. Lots of games do this so it can't be that hard. Not just gear either, they could make it to where some stuff could only be crafted at some benches in some city's ect.

Read the Whole Thread First - Didn't vote on the PollProblem to Consider:Guild Halls as Houses

• Time Intensive (Getting deco to line up in the most non-square nightmare)
  • Gold Sink of Materials
  • Time intensive (Looking at you Hedge Corner / Gold Wall - Love spending 20 minutes doing combines)
  • Large Cost Overall + Requires not losing your Guild
  • Cannot be Gem Store Monetized

SolutionPlayer Housing (New Small Instance)

• Would probably still not have square corners (I'm not expecting a miracle)
  • Use a basic layout - then modify based upon starting question of caste/class/starting story options
  • Achievement Based Decorations
  • Grandfathering of Existing Home Instance Nodes + Better Layout Plan for easier harvesting
  • Basic Deco Items from the Merchant
  • Always yours
  • Gem Store Monetization w/o Drama-Llama war dance when Guild Drama removes a Resource or person who donated flips out because they cannot take their donated cash shop item with them (This is a problem waiting to happen)

Also?Adding marriage would kerfluffle the narrative thread that we're "The Main Character" and all our glory is ours and we're the only main character.If we got married it would mean we weren't doing all this alone in the personal story. And we'd have to Trahearne our spouses. :anguished:

Fishing (which came up a few times) Bring it. Let people fish. Chef crafting mats as part of taking Chef to 500 (I am expecting a miracle - I know)

Just my 2 copper.

While this is nice fluff and fun to play around with for a little while, the enjoyment is fleeting. I've played other games with housing. I've been playing since launch on and off. Off atm. My endgame is primarily WvW with some PvP. I also do some raids every now and then. End game content is not a high priority. I wouldn't buy this or any expansion until they properly addressed class balance and game mechanics (conditions, boon strip, power creep, etc). Only then would I sink one more dime into this game.

Archived