Condi/Power Renegade - What's more favoured by groups?

Verdis.8472

I'm looking to get into Fractals (not Raids) and I'm stuck deciding whether to pour my hours building for condi or power. Both seem viable according to Metabattle, with a slight favouring for the Alacrity-giving power version from what I've read on these forums. However I'd prefer to have something I can also use reliably in open world PvE so I don't need to buy more skill/equipment slots (already have a power Herald taking up space). Is the 'Alacrigade' still good at DPS and self sustain or am I going to be rolling through enemies far better with a condi rev in both Fractals and open world?

I've also seen a power build that combines S/S and Shortbow, but I'm confused about what makes that synergise since Shortbow is a condi weapon, isn't it?

I'm not sure that's the question; the encounter determines if condi or power is favoured.

What I find is that groups want Renegade's Alacrity ... so if you have 100% alacrity uptime, that should be good enough to satisfy all but the most picky meta teams.

As for shortbow ... it's a strong ranged weapon for both power and condi builds, so you will see it quite a bit. Hammer is just sad.

@Verdis.8472 said:I'm looking to get into Fractals (not Raids) and I'm stuck deciding whether to pour my hours building for condi or power. Both seem viable according to Metabattle, with a slight favouring for the Alacrity-giving power version from what I've read on these forums. However I'd prefer to have something I can also use reliably in open world PvE so I don't need to buy more skill/equipment slots (already have a power Herald taking up space). Is the 'Alacrigade' still good at DPS and self sustain or am I going to be rolling through enemies far better with a condi rev in both Fractals and open world?

I've also seen a power build that combines S/S and Shortbow, but I'm confused about what makes that synergise since Shortbow is a condi weapon, isn't it?

I would agree with Obtena.7952. That is, if you are setup with the 80%ish boon uptime build using diviners and Zerkers most parties will be happy. Some things u condi RR is preferred which is just Viper's Condi Ren that uses the condi build with the last renegade trait changed to Righteous Rebel to gain 50% boon uptime. It depends on the encounter and party.

If it's for fractals and openworld you will want to run power ; in groups you will want to attain >78% , ideally 80% or more boon duration for alacrity. The only time you would run condi is a few raids and 100CM (Sunqua peak). The reason is the ramp time on the condi rev conditions: 32% torment, 23% burn, 21% bleed, 16% power, 8% poison.https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/power-renegadehttps://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/condi-alac-renegade

I would say that it depend of your expected role within your team and the effectiveness of said role within the content targeted.

There is no point in using conditions if your squad/party phase the boss in seconds and all your condition are cleansed before having reached the peak of their ramp up. It make fractal usually favor power renegade. In raids where boss tend to last longer, you have marginally more room to apply your condition and thus use condi renegade who may have a greater damage potential.

Renegade is mainly taken for alacrity and soulcleave summit. It's sad to say but shortbow is as good (if not better) than any other weapon kit apart from sword, it's CC on scorchrazor also make it an attractive option.

Condi is good for raids and open world, but only 50% alacrity uptime. Shortbow great for tagging mobs.

Power "alacrigade" is more expensive but worth it. It's useful in more raid scenarios than condi ren and all Fractals. It scales better for early open world exploration with structure enemies that are immune to conditions.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmyAwyVlhESHdsoiyJnJlUN1Mog6pnBGYf9NhEKogD119rG-zRRYBhUAHdX9nRFSl0VFacaEwMA-e

No group has EVER had a problem with me using this build. Just keep the alacrity up 100% and no one will even blink in your direction.

Mind you, this ISN'T a condi friendly build either. The intent of the build is to get the most from boon uptime gear you need for perma-alacrity.

@"Obtena.7952" said:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmyAwyVlhESHdsoiyJnJlUN1Mog6pnBGYf9NhEKogD119rG-zRRYBhUAHdX9nRFSl0VFacaEwMA-e

No group has EVER had a problem with me using this build. Just keep the alacrity up 100% and no one will even blink in your direction.

Mind you, this ISN'T a condi friendly build either. The intent of the build is to get the most from boon uptime gear you need for perma-alacrity.

Durability runes will make you the tank on some bosses. Can work on smaller bosses but xera might shred you. No kalla means no protection and obviously no lifesteal. Thats huge in fractal and solo healer raid groups. Corruption traitline is weird aswell.I could name a couple of groups that would have a problem with that. Every decent fractal cm group or semi experienced raid for example. That version reduces the damage to near 0 aswell.

Hey frens I'm kinda new to the forums and to theorycrafting but I've been using this build quite successfully. It focuses on the main strength of revenant, the alacrity button. The rotation is just F4 and vengeful hammers(if you feel fancy), rinse and repeat. Any feedback appreciated. The advantage of it is that it allows you to focus on pressing that one button on cooldown instead of being distracted by those so-called "rotations". Damage similar to meta builds, at least according to my pugging experience. Build below.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUVjdAmDYNg9A2HYBgPYA-zRRYjREPcUAnRoSh0VB2dJMB-e

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:

Durability runes will make you the tank on some bosses. Can work on smaller bosses but xera might shred you. No kalla means no protection and obviously no lifesteal. Thats huge in fractal and solo healer raid groups. Corruption traitline is weird aswell.

Yup, it's weird and it's mine ... and it works. There are small changes that I do to make it more optimal for instanced content, I just don't have a link readily available. That's the version I'm running for OW soloing.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Durability runes will make you the tank on some bosses. Can work on smaller bosses but xera might shred you. No kalla means no protection and obviously no lifesteal. Thats huge in fractal and solo healer raid groups. Corruption traitline is weird aswell.

Yup, it's weird and it's mine ... and it works. There are small changes that I do to make it more optimal for instanced content, I just don't have a link readily available. That's the version I'm running for OW soloing.

Why are you running corruption for the 33% dmg reduction while under resistance while not having a protection source besides dura runes? Using kalla with all for one achieves perma protection. Dance of death with icerazor adds way more sustain than fiendish tenacity aswell.The only benefit is perma resistance which can be achieved in a group without corruption anyways. This costs you at least 50% of your damage while having lower sustain.