Turquoise Swing Effects to Dreamwalker Skins

I just purchased Dreamwalker Dagger and Staff skins, I really liked these skins but unfortunately they don't have any swing effects. I have to say I'm kinda disappointed because of it. I think it would be so nice and complete skin if they have turquoise swing effects (for example: Ravensoul Dagger Skin's purple swing/trail effects). What do you guys think? It should be added or they're just fine?

@Fueki.4753 said:There's already too much particle spam, therefore it's good that there are no rail effects on the Dreamwalker Dagger.Arenanet should go back to designing decent skins instead of bloating everything with particles effects.

agreed but, in my opinion subtle particle effects are nice if done right (like on the Infused Katana/Wakizashi) while too much particle effects like on most legendary weapons not so much.

same with armour skins and outfits, some little bits that glow here or there is nice (like on the Astral Scholar outfit) but having outrageously shining foglights on each cardinal direction with a glowing backpack to match isn't (like the Spellforged Outfit+Backpack package) oh and not to mention they rob the surroundings of precious frames per second if it's bad enough (like the Vermilion Wings)

@"Susy.7529" said:Am I the only one who watches videos showcasing skins before buying them?The "double-check before buying anything" vs the "buying on impulse", is taugh to childen at elementary schools.

Am I the only one who just buying a thing because I liked it? You may be checking things over and over doesn't mean others also have to do that. Also, in Gw2 almost all skins have trail and swing effects, as you read earlier (I assume you read it), that was a problem about the my specialization which prevented me to see swing effects.

@wolkzel.9706 said:

@"Susy.7529" said:Am I the only one who watches videos showcasing skins before buying them?The "double-check before buying anything" vs the "buying on impulse", is taugh to childen at elementary schools.

Am I the only one who just buying a thing because I liked it? You may be checking things over and over doesn't mean others also have to do that. Also, in Gw2 almost all skins have trail and swing effects, as you read earlier (I assume you read it), that was a problem about the my specialization which prevented me to see swing effects.

If you buy anything (not just in GW2) without inquire about the item you are buying, you have 0 rights to complain about its missing properties that only you expected.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Am I the only one who watches videos showcasing skins before buying them?The "double-check before buying anything" vs the "buying on impulse", is taugh to childen at elementary schools.

If you buy anything (not just in GW2) without inquire about the item you are buying, you have 0 rights to complain about its missing properties that only you expected.

Yes, you do. Sometimes items that you bought can't be as same as shown on it's site or sometimes you can't access every information about that item, that's why a term "refund" invented but this is a game and that problem was about the my specialization and I still think trail effects would be so nice on these skins.

@wolkzel.9706 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Am I the only one who watches videos showcasing skins before buying them?The "double-check before buying anything" vs the "buying on impulse", is taugh to childen at elementary schools.

Yes, you do. Sometimes items that you bought can't be as same as shown on it's site or sometimes you can't access every information about that item, that's why a term "refund" invented but this is a game and that problem was about the my specialization and I still think trail effects would be so nice on these skins.

Only if you did everything in your power to inquire about the item.If you were just lazy to watch a video, you can't expect any refund, not everyone is Amazon.However this is only my own opinion of course. If you ask nicely to support maybe they could refund you.

@Susy.7529 said:

Only if you did everything in your power to inquire about the item.If you were just lazy to watch a video, you can't expect any refund, not everyone is Amazon.However this is only my own opinion of course. If you ask nicely to support maybe they could refund you.

As I said, I just bought them because I liked them. I still like them, not going to refund and if I'm going to watch a video every item that I'm going to buy, then I should spend my time on YouTube than the actual game. Adding trail/swing effects (even though it was my misconception about dagger skin doesn't have swing effects because of soulbeast specialization) to these skins was the idea that I wanted to share on forum. Of course Anet isn't going to do it because I said that but maybe there are people want it too.

@Fueki.4753 said:There's already too much particle spam, therefore it's good that there are no rail effects on the Dreamwalker Dagger.Arenanet should go back to designing decent skins instead of bloating everything with particles effects.

Oh yes, its to the point with spell effects and item particle effects I cant see the bad on the ground heck with so many spells going off in a group sometimes you cant even see the mob your hitting lol. Please add a slider or switch in EoD to turn down particle effects from other players.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:There's already too much particle spam, therefore it's good that there are no rail effects on the Dreamwalker Dagger.Arenanet should go back to designing decent skins instead of bloating everything with particles effects.

Oh yes, its to the point with spell effects and item particle effects I cant see the bad on the ground heck with so many spells going off in a group sometimes you cant even see the mob your hitting lol. Please add a slider or switch in EoD to turn down particle effects from other players.

Actually, "standart enemy/friendly models" in options doing that switch job. If you're a wvw player, maybe you can try to set "character model limit" to "lowest". I think these options are going to help you. "Postprocessing" to "none" also would be good touch for these settings for clearer view.

These weapons were added over 1 year ago and have been in the gem store since multiple times.

Any changes to them would have happened a long time ago.

Any changes now would cause an unneccesary split between players who approve the changes and those who disprove. This can be avoided by keeping them as is since any player purchasing the skin now or in the past knew/knows exactly what he is getting.

@wolkzel.9706 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:There's already too much particle spam, therefore it's good that there are no rail effects on the Dreamwalker Dagger.Arenanet should go back to designing decent skins instead of bloating everything with particles effects.

Actually, "standart enemy/friendly models" in options doing that switch job. If you're a wvw player, maybe you can try to set "character model limit" to "lowest". I think these options are going to help you. "Postprocessing" to "none" also would be good touch for these settings for clearer view.

The problem with model limit is you cant see the enemy. no one wants to get smacked out of the blue.

I don't have the dagger but I'd assume they'd all have trail on non soulbeast.but on that note I think Anet needs to take a long break from weapon skins and start filling out the game with diverse armor. It takes more effort sure but at the same time it's been almost a decade of of 9000 different weapon skin sets to the point that we just don't need anymore. Focus needs swapped for a while.

@Doggie.3184 said:but on that note I think Anet needs to take a long break from weapon skins and start filling out the game with diverse armor. It takes more effort sure but at the same time it's been almost a decade of of 9000 different weapon skin sets to the point that we just don't need anymore. Focus needs swapped for a while.

While I wish we'd get more armour as well, we know that's not realistic.Arenanet prefers to cut the costs and release Outfits instead.