Don't buy gem cards from gameliebe

Hi,
Since arenanet messed up in-game gem purchases I tried the gem cards from gameliebe.
They gladly accepted my money but never sent any code to redeem the gems though.
Just a warning to stay away from them. I'm done with trying to buy gems now. No more soup for arenanet.

that's unfortunate. i think you should raise your concern with gameliebe's support and provide all needed information/documentation associated with your digital gemcard purchase.

it may also be wise to create a support ticket with arenanet and inform them of your issue with their recommended website/dealer and see if they can coordinate with gameliebe's support.

that all said, the sale should also reflect with the ingame gem purchases and gemstore so people don't have to deal with third parties

• Like 2

Gamecardsdirect also seems really sketchy too, to be honest. I looked them up on trustpilot and there’s a lot of reviews from people who bought Google Play and Paysafecards who either didn’t receive their cards/codes or received codes that didn’t work (already used, incomplete/partial codes, etc). Codes may be delayed for 1-5 days in some cases, depending on payment validation; many payment methods seem to take a long time to be validated (1-5 days) and payment methods often don’t go through at all.

Even in the instances where it could have been an honest mistake on the reviewer’s part (or not at all in the case of payment validation delays), the replies from Gamecardsdirect are often really passive aggressive and tend to blame the reviewer. In one negative review where someone said they never received their money, Gamecardsdirect said the payment was sent “2 minutes later” and apologized for “the small delay.” 🤨

There’s more positive reviews than negative but it still makes me feel pretty weary about shopping there. Especially since I didn’t find it listed on the approved retailer list. (I know it being officially advertised should make it safe but it’s still weird it’s not there. :x)

I really want to participate in the 20% off sale but all of these vendors look really sketchy. 😞

13 minutes ago, turin.2468 said:

Yes, I have contacted gameliebe. No response so far. After three hours of purchasing still no code.
I sent a support ticket to Arenanet also.

I hope you get your money back. 😞  These situations are so frustrating…

10 minutes ago, Adesia.5138 said:

I really want to participate in the 20% off sale but all of these vendors look really sketchy. 😞

ikr especially Key4you.cz as mentioned in https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

24 minutes ago, turin.2468 said:

Yes, I have contacted gameliebe. No response so far. After three hours of purchasing still no code.
I sent a support ticket to Arenanet also.

i hope you get it sorted out. goodluck!

Response from Arenanet support.

They now say gameliebe.com is an unauthorized reseller after earlier announcing them as a participating retailer here:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

Can't say I will ever trust Arenanet again with money which is a shame as I love the game.

-----------------------
Hello,

I'm sorry but as the code you purchased was obtained from an unauthorized reseller, we are not able to assist you with this code. When codes are purchased from unauthorized resellers like the one you provided, these codes are typically associated with fraudulent activity (ie. they were purchased from a legitimate retailer via fraudulent means) and resold at a lower price. Many times, these codes are invalid or already disabled due to reports of fraudulent purchases. Purchasing from these unauthorized reseller sites can lead to the obtained codes being disabled or potential account blocks.

If you are having issues with the code you purchased from this unauthorized reseller, we can only recommend that you request a full refund directly from them. If they are not willing to assist you, please get help from your financial institution for reclaiming the funds from this unauthorized reseller.

If needed, here’s a list of authorized retailers located on our official site: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Regards,

Louise
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

• Like 1

that sounds like their support team was not informed. show them the arenanet news page (link to the article https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/) in your reply

also ask for your ticket to get escalated to talk to someone more informed see this for more info:

Edited by Astyrah.4015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Astyrah.4015 said:

that sounds like their support team was not informed. show them the arenanet news page (link to the article https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/) in your reply

also ask for your ticket to get escalated to talk to someone more informed see this for more info:

Thank you Astyrah for the info.
I have asked for the support ticket to be escalated now.
Hopefully this can be resolved as soon as possible so that not more people are affected.

2 hours ago, turin.2468 said:

Hi,
Since arenanet messed up in-game gem purchases I tried the gem cards from gameliebe.
They gladly accepted my money but never sent any code to redeem the gems though.
Just a warning to stay away from them. I'm done with trying to buy gems now. No more soup for arenanet.

Oh and here I thought it was an issue on my end, but it happens to more people? I just wanted to get some gems for a skin and whenever I reach the final step, a white screen appears on the location of the window that's supposed to say "successful purchase" or whatever.

I've ordered two gem cards from gameliebe and now I have a status of order "Out of stock". I've contacted them via email and fb, but still no answer. Anyone of you have the same status? I checked and I can make an order for next cards, so it's quite strange.

I'd prefer to get those cards rather than a refund (hope to get one of these) :(

Same here,

they took my money, didn't respond on their "live chat", and I had to call them to learn that they need to see my driver's license.

They told me specifically that after i send it, it will be processed within 15min. I sent it 2min after hanging up and have yet to hear from them 3h later.

Did I mention that it took me 12 paid calls until I got through? They just hang up after exactly 5min.

Sounds fishy. I have also seen the announcement - and "gameliebe" was the only name that sounded German. But they do not seem to use a .de-domain and further research gave away they aren't only not from Germany ... but also not from the EU. (They are based in Switzerland which is in Europe but not in the EU.)

If trying to buy from Germany it probably would even be less risky to check if one of the other shops (with English sounding names) was from another country within the European Union. Might be easier if you wanted to sue them.

Strange though that the reviews on certain websites regarding that shop ... are pretty good. Maybe they aren't working on weekends - I thought at first. But since someone got a support reply (and supposedly they are available 365 days per year) they might work ... but having some weird security overcautiousness ... if they wanted a copy of an id or driver's license. (Maybe this is only for people buying there the first time - or for certain payment methods?)

SEPA direct debit for example is risky for the seller. In Germany you can just order your bank to refund the money (within 8 weeks or so - without reason) and the seller would have to sue you then.

If someone paid with stuff like Giropay or Sofortüberweisung - it would be weird though if they held back the key. Safe payment and you can't just get the money back. (Seller would need to issue a transfer to you to transfer it back.) No risk for the seller.

4 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Oh and here I thought it was an issue on my end, but it happens to more people? I just wanted to get some gems for a skin and whenever I reach the final step, a white screen appears on the location of the window that's supposed to say "successful purchase" or whatever.

That sounds like the same problem I had a while ago. I contacted Anet's support and they fixed it, and it hasn't happened to me again.

• Thanks 1

On what legal basis does an online store want to verify my identity?

My PayPal account is almost as old as PayPal itself 😉

Of course I also understand that the merchant might want to protect himself (stolen credit cards, hacked PayPal accounts etc.).

But the way I read this and if you follow everything is a rip-off and ArenaNet has not checked the partners exactly.

I am having the same issue. Gameliebe took my money and did not send the card...

Come on, this has been advertised by Arenanet! It IS a retailer!

I'm having flashbacks from the KunfuTea PR fiasco. They asked us to link our data from Instagram, to then change the ad to say that it was US only. Of course, we had already given the data to that company by that point. I still get spam from them in my old email.

Hopefully customer service can help me, because Gameliebe is not answering.

i have just received a email from them as to why i have not received my code yet this is google translated 

Dear Guild Wars supporters, dear game customers
You literally overran us, which we are very happy about, at the same time we would like to apologize that there are currently still delivery delays.
We do our best to process the order as quickly as possible, we would like to apologize for the delay with a 10% discount for your next order. Your voucher is: 10% discount (kept my code out) 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on the German landline: 0221 455 800 10, or live chat on our shop homepage www.gameliebe.com. With best regards Your Gameliebe team

I got a response from Gameliebe a short while ago. They have refunded me so that is a good thing.

The real damage here in my opinion is that I can no longer trust Arenanet with my money.
I used to spend quite a bit because I love the content and the game.

This whole debacle could have been fairly easily avoided altogether if Arenanet took their in-game purchase bugs seriously
and actually dedicated some time and resources to fix them instead of ignoring them.

• Sad 2

I've bought gem cards from Gameliebe this morning, which I still haven't received. Since the product description says the codes are delivered immediately, I've also tried to contact them via their live chat support. I've started in the 9th positon of the queue and stopped waiting when I got in the 3rd position, which was literally ‒ I've really been stupidly patient, lol ‒ a couple hours later around 5 pm (CEST). Even if it's just one person doing live chat support, how can it take so long to answer seven customers' questions?!

I've already sent them an email now.

Anyway, I also don't understand, why Anet chose all those shops for the discount campaign. Not one of those was known to me before. I don't get, why players in the US could buy discounted gem cards from well known companies like amazon, while in Europe we can't. Europe has a lot of GW2 players too, not just the US. It just doesn't feel like we're equally valued as our friends from across the pond.

Update: I've received all my keys by now. They were sent in plaint text, I could simply copy and paste them ingame. As others in the thread already mentioned Gameliebe was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of gem card orders. Although that demand could have been anticipated, I'm happy that they informed me yesterday evening about their status and that I got the keys delivered early this morning at around 2 am (CEST). I'd buy from them again, they're reliable.

Edited by Hyomea.9702
Update
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hyomea.9702 said:

It just doesn't feel like we're equally valued as our friends from across the pond.

We are not valued. We always get excluded in promos (or included but then kept from getting prizes, once we have already partaken in them: KungfuTea). 

As well, let's not forget those dreadful rollbacks in Europe! Not everyone was able to get compensation for time and progress lost, as far as I remember. 

Well, I still have to get my gems from Gameliebe. I should have learned to not trust Anet and its marketing long ago. Customer service has told me they can't help me with it, ha!

I've received an email from them with message: 

In dieser E-Mail erhalten Sie Ihren Aktivierungs-Key und/oder Downloadlink zu Ihrer Bestellung.

After translation: In this email you will receive your activation key and / or download link for your order. 

But no key was included within email, only instruction how to activate it.

Anyone has the same problem?

Status of my order changed from "Out of stock" to "Finished".