ascended armor / weapons

7 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

In case it wasn't clear (since you only quoted literally three words from my post out of context) I think this is a horrible suggestion.

Oh, i know, i just wanted to address this point specifically, but i wasn't really responding to you, but more to OP with this. I probably should have made it clearer somehow.

The one point OP missed is that while the solution was supposedly meant for all the ascended gear that was already in inventory, it would also work for all the gear that might be obtained in the future. And some of the methods  we can obtain ascended now are way too easy for something that could be then sold for tens of gold on TP (or to vendor).

I personally would prefer that those easy avenues to obtain ascended remain, rather than have a way to sell the unneeded gear for a profit.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, so now you're aware your post isn't ontopic, but mine was? Good, at least that's one down. (because if you're still set on pretending that you don't, then go re-read until you understand the difference I guess)

Legendary armory will be a big deal for a small % of the players, because only small % of the players are actually stacked on that tier. Pretty obivously this consists mostly of the wealthiest players. Lege armory already gives them a buff on what they already have with no additional work or cost. Somehow it's still not enough, so suddenly because of that, all those ascended boxes need to find a way out of the game. But not simply "way out of the game", but the "way out that allows me to profit on them on a level of 40-50 gold each LOL. He also tries to claim it would benefit the new players. Totally not about funnelling that gold from them into his pocket, I know.

And it wasn't about "spending less on taxes", it was about "increasing wealth where it doesn't need to be increased [while using poorer players for his own gain]".

Also "shaming them"? Where? Because I disagreed with an ""idea"" that's basically "you're increasing the value of my legendaries, so now... give me 4k gold too or I'll feel bad"?

And "couldn't state" what? I did write more than that, you probably should focus more on reading the whole post before picking 2 words and start responding.

Ok.

56 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, i know, i just wanted to address this point specifically, but i wasn't really responding to you, but more to OP with this. I probably should have made it clearer somehow.

The one point OP missed is that while the solution was supposedly meant for all the ascended gear that was already in inventory, it would also work for all the gear that might be obtained in the future. And some of the methods  we can obtain ascended now are way too easy for something that could be then sold for tens of gold on TP (or to vendor).

I personally would prefer that those easy avenues to obtain ascended remain, rather than have a way to sell the unneeded gear for a profit.

so you can now read my mind and asume i didnt think of future drops ?

2 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Ok.

No problem.

9 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

you can acquire ascended and masterwork in totally the same time and effort right ?

Hey, I can do the same: you can acquire legendaries and ascended in totally the same time and effort right? Especially the ones that you're not even actively trying to get, but instead receive as a random-chance-additional-drop-on-top-of-the-regular-one in form of the chests you're talking about here, right?

You're not going out of your way to receive those ascended gear boxes, stop pretending you're doing any special/additional work for that. And if that's not what you're suggesting, then stop trying to use it as an argument (which is exactly what you do in your ascended/masterwork comparison).

11 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i think most of you are missing the point, asc chests just sitting in bank with no purpose is the issue that needs to be fixed they are supposed to be rewards but will be completely useless they are even now for me, at least let us sell them for a reasonable price the few silver is just a joke. 

I think the opposite. Most people understand what you're talking about, but it's nothing more than your greed speaking. Those ascended boxes aren't even the rewards you're aiming for when going for the content that has a chance to reward you with those.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

so you can now read my mind and asume i didnt think of future drops ?

No. I was being nice and assumed you did not, in fact, offer that suggestion in hope Anet will overlook that part and let you earn massive amounts of gold on just buying and reselling stuff from vendor. If you did in fact think of that possibility, well, let's just say you've just bombed any credibility you might have had for that suggestion into tiny smithereens. Because that would turn something that was originarily presented as a concern about gear that a mechanic change may "invalidate" into a proposal to create a source of easy income for you.

So, did you think of that or not?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Once in a while, the fractal reliquary offers an ascended salvage kit for just 25 relics. Every time that happens, I can salvage 20 more obsolete ascended items. Not great, but the best yield you'll get for those, especially rings.

Honestly, this is the best way to get some gold for your ascended trinkets since you can turn the Stabilizing Matrices into Fractal Encryption Keys to use on Fractal Encryptions. You get a decent amount more from opening them than by selling the matrices.

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No problem.

Hey, I can do the same: you can acquire legendaries and ascended in totally the same time and effort right? Especially the ones that you're not even actively trying to get, but instead receive as a random-chance-additional-drop-on-top-of-the-regular-one in form of the chests you're talking about here, right?

You're not going out of your way to receive those ascended gear boxes, stop pretending you're doing any special/additional work for that. And if that's not what you're suggesting, then stop trying to use it as an argument (which is exactly what you do in your ascended/masterwork comparison).

I think the opposite. Most people understand what you're talking about, but it's nothing more than your greed speaking. Those ascended boxes aren't even the rewards you're aiming for when going for the content that has a chance to reward you with those.

You need to move on with your life. I was bored with this nearly a day ago. I realized that I was talking above your head, so I moved on. I suggest you do the same.

sorry i ain't kept up with the whole conversation... 

i've never had a problem with EVERY inventory-item in the game having a merchant value so that players can sell what the don't want for something (even if little coinage) that they can use. heck, even Legendary equipment have merchant values... why can't chests?

to be fair.... most stuff with merchant values can be salvaged for materials for better profit, but that's not the point. every inventory-item should be easy to get rid of if the players so choose. (with confirmation boxes of course for "valuable" stuff)

i can't tell you how much useless stuff i won't get rid of because of the t2 confirmation where you need to type the name exactly into the box. I'm thinking of deleting a character just so i can put all the skin trash onto the character so i can skip the typing crap.

my previous comment refers to store-bought skins that automatically unlock in the wardrobe, but need the complicated-confirmation to delete the consumable skin item. i have a thousand transmutation charges. i don't need a consumable, and i don't want to type to delete it. if i could sell it to a merchant, it would benefit me just fine.

Just salvage or trash them. The game modes that give most of those chests are already the most efficient ways to earn gold in the game. No need to inflate the income of said content.

Also the value of ascended gear for a new player would be so much lower, with market being flooded by ascended boxes, ascended would be the new exotic gear. I would be surprised if a box would go for more than 5g on the trader if market decide. 

Any way my opinion as a person with plenty of surplus chests and salvaged ascended gear myself, just leave it at it is. Already got all the reward I could wish for doing the content that dropped those chests.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, crewthief.8649 said:

You need to move on with your life. I was bored with this nearly a day ago. I realized that I was talking above your head, so I moved on. I suggest you do the same.

You didn't say anything remotely relevant to the thread or even the posts you were quoting, but if that's what you need to tell yourself to feel better, then sure. 👍

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1