ascended armor / weapons

Considering how common ascended chests are from fractals and WvW and probably many other sources, and then to be able to cash them out for 50g every time?

Yeah nah yeaa nah yea naaaah no ty.

Edited by CashCow.9548
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, CashCow.9548 said:

Considering how common ascended chests are from fractals and WvW and probably many other sources, and then to be able to cash them out for 50g every time?

Yeah nah yeaa nah yea naaaah no ty.

The OP is just asking for something useful for players who got no use for those asc gears weapons... That "50 gold" statement might just be an example... Right now we might not have a problem on our hands due to current number of ppl owning legy armors... But it's inevitable...or we already do... Idk

And the numbers will be sometimes misleading coz, lot of the accounts in gw2 could be farm bot accounts, alt accounts(just to get wealth and send to main account eg mc, daily gold,...) or ppl who left the game which are in no way would ever get legy gears in the future but the percentage stats in gw2 efficiency will always list those numbers and give a false report of how many players have/don't have legy gears.

• Confused 1

Why not just increase ascended weapon and armor vendor price and call it a day? Notice, though, that you'd need to make sure that everywhere ascended gear can be just bought for tokens and gold (like with fractal, WvW and Raid vendors) the price required to buy it would be higher than the vendor one.

Notice, btw, that's one huge issue that OP has overlooked. We should not have a situation where someone can obtain ascended gear for some cost, and immediately resell it for significantly more. The only possible exception to this might be crafted gear and selling it on TP - but we all know that if it was allowed, the price would drop very fast to the levels even below crafting costs anyway.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

now the reason i am writting this is i fell like all ascended armor / weapons will become completely obsolete.

Thats nothing new for ascended items. Players that are running fractals get tons of ascended rings for example. Just trash or salvage ascended items you have no use for. Thats what other players already do.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 2

If only the Salvaged Greatness you have a chance to get wasn't so cheap, it would make ascended armor more valuable (even if it's just a chance), since Salvaged Excellence (Amulets) and Dignity (Backpacks) are going for 400g on the TP.

And about the Armory, we have no confirmation about how the skin system will work, will the same armor be able to have multiple skins and dyes when used in different builds/characters? (currently we can't), cause if that's not the case then Ascended will not loose it's value at all, quite the contrary, for a lot of people that have multiple sets and value their fashion it would devalue Legendary Armor instead, but we have to wait and see.

• Like 1

With introduction of legendary armory ArenaNet opened pandora's box and from now on we will see topics like this one from time to time, and it is well justified, because you know, ascended items is just like legendary ones are account bound and there is no serious reasons why legendary armory system shouldn't work with basically all account bound items rather than just with legendary.

I'm sure there is many people just like me who didn't make legendaries because of the fact you can't have one legendary equipped on several characters simultaneously and had to deal with a lot of micro-management each time you wanted to try out your legendary on your other characters. Making many ascended items with specific stat combinations for specific characters was just much more rational choice, and now i just feel fooled and cheated because arenanet changed gamerules drastically not in my favor.

3 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

And about the Armory, we have no confirmation about how the skin system will work, will the same armor be able to have multiple skins and dyes when used in different builds/characters? (currently we can't), cause if that's not the case then Ascended will not loose it's value at all, quite the contrary, for a lot of people that have multiple sets and value their fashion it would devalue Legendary Armor instead, but we have to wait and see.

Pretty sure you will just create free copies of original unmodified legendary item, so there won't be any problem with fasion.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Do we even know how the armory will work?

Originally we've been told it will be something that will seamlessly "plug-in" into the gear template loadout system, so will work the same as linking gear from one gear loadout tab into another. We don't know anything more than that, but from that we can assume that the legendary armory will, in a way, be something like a cross-character inventory space for legendaries that you will be able to link from into loadout tabs.

As such, unless it is coupled with some separate, completely new system (like wardrobe templates), it will inherit all the issues of current gear loadouts - including the issue with linked items inheriting the skin of the original gear piece (and single dye setting being shared for all loadouts). And so far we haven't heard anything about such new wardrobe system being also in the works.

• Confused 1

On 5/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

What thoughtful opinions do you want to see when you're already set on banking 50gold per chest/item lol. Not only that, but when I answered by comparing it to reachest people wanting a tax break for being rich (and as I see it that's basically what it is), while mentioning you already profit by having legendary gear unlcok between every character... you responded with "i dont see how my suggestion hurst new players", which has completely nothing to do with what I wrote.

If you want thoughtful opinions, then maybe you should address what people actually say instead of dodging whatever you dislike and then saying "why do I even try" because people didn't immediately jump on a "gimme more gold" idea. And your "idea" is basically: see this bank tab? Give me 4k gold for it, thanks.

There is no parallel between this player desiring to sell accrued ascended chests ( on the TP) and a rich person wanting a tax break (on money they earned, mind you). Your example is a false equivalence.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

There is no parallel between this player desiring to sell accrued ascended chests and a rich person wanting a tax break (on money they earned, mind you). Your example is a false equivalence.

Not 1:1, obviously, it would be stupid to expect that, but yes, "there is a parallel".

One way or another, glad you jumped in with your incredibly on-topic response.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not 1:1, obviously, it would be stupid to expect that, but yes, "there is a parallel".

One way or another, glad you jumped in with your incredibly on-topic response.

It’s every bit as “on topic” as yours. There is no parallel, at all. Your stating there is, doesn’t make it true. The fact that you see some sort of parallel (where there is none) doesn’t make your post any more “on topic.”  /ohwell 

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

It’s every bit as “on topic” as yours. There is no parallel, at all. The fact that you see some sort of parallel (where there is none) doesn’t make your post any more “on topic.”  /ohwell 

Not only there pretty obviously is the parallel, but you're also getting stuck on a single comparison while pretending I didn't respond anything other than that, so your silly claim about your non-response somehow being "as on topic as mine" is pretty obviously also wrong. Just stop, oof. 

....aaaand "the fact that you can't see the obvious parallel doesn't mean there's none", have fun figuring it out, I truly believe in you.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not only there pretty obviously is the parallel, but you're also getting stuck on a single comparison while pretending I didn't respond anything other than that, so your silly claim about your non-response somehow being "as on topic as mine" is pretty obviously also wrong. Just stop, oof.

How is there a parallel between a wealthy person seeking to spend less on taxes (IRL) and a person who wants to be able to sell accrued equipment in a video game? I’m aware this isn’t on the topic, but your faulty logic is confounding to me. Why did you feel the need to guilt/shame this person in the first place? If you disagree with their assertion, can’t you just keep it simple and state that?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ParadoX.3124 said:

Let us sell all ascended armors / weapons 1 golds to the vendors ; That way we still can see it as a reward. At the moment, you are more rewarded while getting gold or exotic equipment.

1 gold to salvage is and always will be a scam

Holy crap ascended kits cost 20 gold to buy?

Glad I always get enough from fractal chest for my need.

14 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

How is there a parallel between a wealthy person seeking to spend less on taxes (IRL) and a person who wants to be able to sell accrued equipment in a video game? I’m aware this isn’t on the topic, but your faulty logic is confounding to me. Why did you feel the need to guilt/shame this person in the first place? If you disagree with their assertion, can’t you just keep it simple and state that?

Oh, so now you're aware your post isn't ontopic, but mine was? Good, at least that's one down. (because if you're still set on pretending that you don't, then go re-read until you understand the difference I guess)

Legendary armory will be a big deal for a small % of the players, because only small % of the players are actually stacked on that tier. Pretty obivously this consists mostly of the wealthiest players. Lege armory already gives them a buff on what they already have with no additional work or cost. Somehow it's still not enough, so suddenly because of that, all those ascended boxes need to find a way out of the game. But not simply "way out of the game", but the "way out that allows me to profit on them on a level of 40-50 gold each" LOL. He also tries to claim it would benefit the new players. Totally not about funnelling that gold from them into his pocket, I know.

And it wasn't about "spending less on taxes", it was about "increasing wealth where it doesn't need to be increased [while using poorer players for his own gain]".

Also "shaming them"? Where? Because I disagreed with an ""idea"" that's basically "you're increasing the value of my legendaries, so now... give me 4k gold too or I'll feel bad"?

And "couldn't state" what? I did write more than that, you probably should focus more on reading the whole post before picking 2 words and start responding.

Edited by Sobx.1758
forgot about the closing quotation mark, literally unreadable :p
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

We will see a lot of posts from ppl who have 3+ full lege sets and demand compensation of some sort, even though they have used the convenience of all sets for years. One can only wait 

Not we will see. We saw. That was posted in the legendary armory thread when it was announced...

Clearly some players have a severe disconnect regarding the economic implications of their suggestions. 

This thread is an example of that.

Vendors offering 50 gold per ascended would just widen the gap between people that are casual and those that do fractals and to a lesser extent raiding. It would completely destroy any semblance of value to people that mainly play WvW since materials from unid (including from reward tracks) and synthesizers are the main source of revenue. The flood of T6 materials already killed heavy loot bags' value severely.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

well those numbers are small, still it doesnt change the fact it is a problem to some and should be fixed @Astralporing.1957 

Fun fact: as a veteran player with a number of legendaries (including raid armor sets) and a ton of ascended gear i already can't even find an use for, i still don't see any problem here. Perhaps i'm simply not as gain-oriented and don't see a reason to try to turn any game change into an income source.

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Vendors offering 50 gold per ascended

Not going to happen. Not unless the price of ascended boxes on vendors you can buy those from will also be bumped to at least that amount (or higher). Anet's not going to let anyone just shuttle between vendors for some quick gains.

And noone would really want to bump those prices up.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

i think most of you are missing the point, asc chests just sitting in bank with no purpose is the issue that needs to be fixed they are supposed to be rewards but will be completely useless they are even now for me, at least let us sell them for a reasonable price the few silver is just a joke. 

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If everything is supposed to be a reward, I want 1 Gold for all the 'useless' Masterwork UNID items I have stacks of.

Or 5 Gold for every stack of Hatched Chilis and Eternal Ice Shards, or any other material that's account-bound. 

Sounds a bit silly, no? 

you can acquire ascended and masterwork in totally the same time and effort right ?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i think most of you are missing the point, asc chests just sitting in bank with no purpose is the issue that needs to be fixed 

If you do not want useless items in your bank, just remove them from your bank and salvage/trash them. problem solved.

But I think your point actually is, that you do not like what you get for these "useless" ascended items in return and you want more (gold) for them. That is a valid opinion (and personally I would benefit from it). However, the contrary opinion, that the actual handling of "useless" ascended gear should not be changed, is also a valid opinion.

Maybe you could convince more people, if you do not write about, what *you* want for *your* benefit, but what would be better for the game.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Fun fact: as a veteran player with a number of legendaries (including raid armor sets) and a ton of ascended gear i already can't even find an use for, i still don't see any problem here. Perhaps i'm simply not as gain-oriented and don't see a reason to try to turn any game change into an income source.

Not going to happen. Not unless the price of ascended boxes on vendors you can buy those from will also be bumped to at least that amount (or higher). Anet's not going to let anyone just shuttle between vendors for some quick gains.

And noone would really want to bump those prices up.

In case it wasn't clear (since you only quoted literally three words from my post out of context) I think this is a horrible suggestion.