What is the point of buying an outfit if you can't use with your skins?

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea and when exactly did we get chest and leg armor ernable in game that rounded out 4 other skins from the gemshop?

It hasn't happened, of course.  The thing is, outfits probably don't make them as much money any more because even I won't buy outfits anymore and I spend a fair amount. It's just that outfits don't fulfill my fashion wars needs and I already have a ton of them from when I was using them on alts.  It's unlikely I'll level many more alts and then I'd be doing it with tomes, do it's armor for me anyway.

I'd wager outfits make them less and less over time.

6 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It hasn't happened, of course.  The thing is, outfits probably don't make them as much money any more because even I won't buy outfits anymore and I spend a fair amount. It's just that outfits don't fulfill my fashion wars needs and I already have a ton of them from when I was using them on alts.  It's unlikely I'll level many more alts and then I'd be doing it with tomes, do it's armor for me anyway.

I'd wager outfits make them less and less over time.

That, or there are players like me who like the outfits except for one part.  Usually shoulders.  There are quite a few that I would have bought, but didn't like the full outfit.

• Like 2

The main thing which puts me off buying more outfits is that the same dye slots affect all of them, so I either have to try to find a dye scheme which fits all of them (and then never change it) or change the dyes each time which ruins the convenience of switching outfits. As a result I don't use them as often as I might and so it seems pointless to buy more of them.

I have a few and I do use them for times when my armour looks out of place. The ones I use most are probably the arctic explorers outfit when it's cold, the common clothing or chef's outfit for down time in towns and the noble count, wedding or noble courtier outfit for when they need something fancy (like spying on a fancy party or meeting Queen Jennah).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That, or there are players like me who like the outfits except for one part.  Usually shoulders.  There are quite a few that I would have bought, but didn't like the full outfit.

Yes, there are a few outfits with one part I can't stand.  For example, there's something on the Grenth outfit that, no matter how hard I try, I can't un-see.

5 hours ago, DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

Outfits are meant for roleplaying not kinetic gameplay, although I do see that god awful "ask me" shirt often in WvW. 

Dont you think that might be because of their game mode not being updated regularly and you should ask them if they are doing OK?

It would have been nice to pick out parts of outfits to use as skins for parts of our combat attire, but it is what it is. I picked up one or two outfits to primarily use as town wear and I don't really regret it. I will say, however, that for a game that allows for fashion to be important, there is a lot of gear out there that is downright UGLY! I don't mind some of the good looking stuff to be locked behind achievements and events, but would it really kill the developers to occasionally put a few more good looking pieces into the store from time to time?