Anet, wtf?

wtf.png (932×369) (ibb.co)

That was the best match I had all day. We were always behind, and at some point we were 200+ points behind. I had to give my very best and even had to win a 2x3 at the end. It was such a hype game. And then... +7.

ANET, have you considered taking into account the teams' final score for the points given/taken? It makes sense to lose less/win more if the match is close.

As it is right now, it makes absolute no sense that I can get more than the double of what I got for that last match in much easier matches.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, yanniell.1236 said:

ANET, have you considered taking into account the teams' final score for the points given/taken? It makes sense to lose less/win more if the match is close.

Let me put it in to perspective for you. 

Lets assume you are gold 3. 

You just won a close game vs a team thats on average silver 2. And you want more points for that?

After not stepping into pvp since season 8 and now trying I really believe everything. It's impossible to have a "half way" useful team on the lower rankings. It feels 50% of the players are bots or not sure what else.

And I really can't blame them when Anet stuffs pvp'ers pockets with gold for chests (compared to WvW rewards) and the completely useless ELO-system that can't work with a low player base like that.
That gold must be compensation for the salt mines players have to go through while trying to rank up.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gebrechen.5643 said:

After not stepping into pvp since season 8 and now trying I really believe everything. It's impossible to have a "half way" useful team on the lower rankings. It feels 50% of the players are bots or not sure what else.

And I really can't blame them when Anet stuffs pvp'ers pockets with gold for chests (compared to WvW rewards) and the completely useless ELO-system that can't work with a low player base like that.
That gold must be compensation for the salt mines players have to go through while trying to rank up.

Salt reflect on you only if you allow it .... Play for fun and the rank will come.

I mean every competitive pvp  game/mode has toxic/salty environment. People prefer to be salty and blame others because its easy, try to not pay attention to such people and move on to the next match.

Edited by razaelll.8324

It's not even the salty environment. I was playing all morning and meanwhile I know all the bots by name. I'm not even giving a kitten about rating right now. I lost 23 points in the last match that we lost 83:502 (while I had most kills and caps on thief) while the rest of my team couldn't win a 4v2 on mid vs 2 core guardian bots.

The easy solution to stop that kitten  the majority of this is to lock all pvp rewards behind rating or take them out and make f2p accounts not able to get into ranked. These bots and players are there because Anet gives a ton of gold and loot for being afk/botting in competitive pvp. Sure, they never reach gold or above, but they reach 100g, tons of exotics and materials.

If I'd play this for competition I had rage-quit after my first ten matches.

Edited by gebrechen.5643
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, gebrechen.5643 said:

It's not even the salty environment. I was playing all morning and meanwhile I know all the bots by name. I'm not even giving a kitten about rating right now. I lost 23 points in the last match that we lost 83:502 (while I had most kills and caps on thief) while the rest of my team couldn't win a 4v2 on mid vs 2 core guardian bots.

The easy solution to stop that kitten  the majority of this is to lock all pvp rewards behind rating or take them out and make f2p accounts not able to get into ranked. These bots and players are there because Anet gives a ton of gold and loot for being afk/botting in competitive pvp. Sure, they never reach gold or above, but they reach 100g, tons of exotics and materials.

If I'd play this for competition I had rage-quit after my first ten matches.

ah i understand what you mean. Excuse me. 

Locking free accounts from pvp wont solve the issue, many of the bots are playing elite specs. 

7 hours ago, amandavd.3574 said:

You just won a close game vs a team thats on average silver 2. And you want more points for that?

I don't know. Neither do you. Transparency isn't ANET's forte.

What we do know is that their matchmaking is far away from perfect. Maybe they could use the matches' final score to adjust wrong matchmaking predictions.

The matchmaking has to be flawed. The whole ELO system is based on putting you on ~50% win rate. The lower the number of players the harder it gets for the system to find suitable partners and opponents for you. 

With this few players in the system it's impossible to create fair matches (with the bot problem it even gets worse) and you end up losing points where you shouldn't and sometimes gain none or too few when winning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yanniell.1236 said:

I don't know. Neither do you. Transparency isn't ANET's forte.

What we do know is that their matchmaking is far away from perfect. Maybe they could use the matches' final score to adjust wrong matchmaking predictions.

I do tho. I check quite a few of my teammates / opponents when matchmaking feels off. 

If you gain only 7 points you won versus an on average lower rated team. 

There are a few factors that could make it harder:

- You could be playing vs alt accounts that didnt play enough games to push their MMR up. 

- You could be playing versus guys that got unlucky during placements (or teammates that got lucky). Since its start of the season the rating gain and loss is still quite volatile. 

- The opponents could have a mix of skillevels in their team with their top skilled guy playing a prof that happens to counter a big part of your team. 

- Some couldve been playing alts -> sink their MMR -> swap back to their main and face you right after. 

- Etc etc.

Fact is; you won vs a lower rated team. So you only deserve 7 points. 

There are so many factors that decide if a game is easily winnable or not. I mean i played against Drazeh last week when he was still rank 1 on the ladder. Won super easy. 2 games later i lost a game vs unknown guys who where a lot low rated. That doesnt mean that drazeh is a lot worse than those guys and deserves way lower rating. It means that all the factors within that game ended up making it an easy win. Nothing more nothing less. 

Edited by amandavd.3574
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, amandavd.3574 said:

There are so many factors that decide if a game is easily winnable or not. I mean i played against Drazeh last week when he was still rank 1 on the ladder. Won super easy. 2 games later i lost a game vs unknown guys who where a lot low rated. That doesnt mean that drazeh is a lot worse than those guys and deserves way lower rating. It means that all the factors within that game ended up making it an easy win. Nothing more nothing less. 

Precise and elegant way to say this pvp is s***.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

A big issue is that alt accounts dont get pushed up fast if they get in to huge winstreaks. 

On this i won 90% of my games but im still stuck at 1200-1300 despite winning 10 in a row.  So ill be against you despite being plat 2 on main acc 😛

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Playing against tanker alts

This.

Welcome to the age of soft match manipulation. Courtesy of the fact that matchmaking doesn't properly adjust MMR for duo Qers. Will continue to be exploited until the numbers on this are adjusted in a way that doesn't actively encourage said exploitation.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...