Poison should affect barrier in PVP

Since you are using a healing modifier in your logic, this means barrier should also be affected by positive healing modifiers. So if I am using the trait health insurance in combination with barriers like from bulwark gyro, the barrier I gain should be increased, correct?

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Since you are using a healing modifier in your logic, this means barrier should also be affected by positive healing modifiers. So if I am using the trait health insurance in combination with barriers like from bulwark gyro, the barrier I gain should be increased, correct?

No because there is a distiction between "outgoing heal" and healing power. Barrier is affected by the latter.

And he's right. This is clearly an oversight from anet, just like protect me which barrier's doesn't scale with healing power.

1 hour ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

This is clearly an oversight from anet, just like protect me which barrier's doesn't scale with healing power.

I really don't think either of those two things are. Especially since barrier used to be affected by agony until they removed that interaction. 

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Nah, Barrier is fine without it. Keep an eye on co-efficients instead, theres an abundant amount of poison in the game while Scourge barriers has questionable numbers that needs to be looked into.

Yeah, atm there isn't any other spec that has any amout of barrier that should be concerning except for scourge (which should have more than others as it's the class mechanic instead of shroud, but still should be looked at)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

No because there is a distiction between "outgoing heal" and healing power. Barrier is affected by the latter.

And he's right. This is clearly an oversight from anet, just like protect me which barrier's doesn't scale with healing power.

I was not talking about outgoing healing, you know?

Read what health insurance does:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health_Insurance

It increases incoming healing by 10% and outgoing healing by 20% if you are using a med kit.

The "increased incoming healing" portion should logically then increase the healing power based barrier scrappers are granting themselves.

Edited by Kodama.6453