So when will this rly good patch finaly come?

Myror.7521

Just another season with Builds like Scourge and trapper rune dh ......

I just don't want to cry here but srsly. You called that warrior is just bad for pvp nerf it to the ground cause of an passive aoe damage Mechanic called Full Counter but let Scourge and trap rune ingame for over a year now? Like srsly those kitten need nerfs so finaly nerf it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Just another season with Builds like Scourge and trapper rune dh ......

I just don't want to cry here but srsly. You called that warrior is just bad for pvp nerf it to the ground cause of an passive aoe damage Mechanic called Full Counter but let Scourge and trap rune ingame for over a year now? Like srsly those kitten need nerfs so finaly nerf it!

I get scourge and Holo but trapper rune dh? It has 11k hp and no mobility outside of f2 take the rune away and DH dies completly.

• Like 2

@Exile.8160 trab DH is fine. I specialy said that the rune isnt. Stealth Plus superspeed is way too mutch. Some SKILLS that got weeker things have a 40 sec CD. Trab rune itself get ya 3 seconds stealth and superspeed without even some CD on it. It obviosly need a nerf and a CD on it would help like alot.

39 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Are you trying to argue trapper DH is strong?

100%. As someone who has dabbled with this exact build for the past 10 months or so I can with confidence say it is an obnoxious build. With the constant nerfs to other classes and the recent longbow buffs it has become very oppressive. Having stealth and super speed on low cool down allows you to pick and choose almost every single engagement. It allows you from stealth to hit massive damage. 

I went from exclusively playing Mesmer to trying out this build and it blew my mind how easy it was to get value and secure kills.

This build also fits very strongly into this meta as well as it plows through Necros.

Have you actually played the build? You said it has no mobility outside of f2 yet you get super speed on every single trap placement. You also have JI and sword 2. I’m almost convinced you’ve never touched this build. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

IMO trapper runes are more obnovious on rangers than on DH. rangers have very low cd traps so they're actually in stealth for 50% of the time, while they're also condi builds. So they deal dmg while stealthed.

Trapper DH doesn't deal dmg while stealthed, if you lose against a 11k full glass cannon DH with trapper runes it's on you.

I, as a trapper DH myself (after every condi guard build was nerfed to the ground) focus the enemy DH every time, because they melt in seconds.

If you're complaining about Scourge I get it, but DH's are not a problem

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

100%. As someone who has dabbled with this exact build for the past 10 months or so I can with confidence say it is an obnoxious build. With the constant nerfs to other classes and the recent longbow buffs it has become very oppressive. Having stealth and super speed on low cool down allows you to pick and choose almost every single engagement. It allows you from stealth to hit massive damage. 

I went from exclusively playing Mesmer to trying out this build and it blew my mind how easy it was to get value and secure kills.

This build also fits very strongly into this meta as well as it plows through Necros.

Have you actually played the build? You said it has no mobility outside of f2 yet you get super speed on every single trap placement. You also have JI and sword 2. I’m almost convinced you’ve never touched this build. 

Ive played the build the fact that you compair using more than half your cooldowns to move vs a single boom (switftness)  as having great mobility is just insane all on its own.

It literally means you are jumping into a fight with nothing let that sink in. The build also has almost no condi removal, 11k health, your dmg options are also your big dps so if you play someone with half a brain they can avoid completly.

And last time I check there 0 to really low of DH in the ATs and they never get far.

Like he said.

1 hour ago, DanSH.6143 said:

if you lose against a 11k full glass cannon DH with trapper runes it's on you.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

@Exil.8160 well what ever so if you loose to a trab dh that use all trabs on one point could 5k hit ya from stealth and also pull ya in the trabs from that as well is just a fault of the player? xD sry but no. Trab rune is simply a bad design rune and need something done !

20 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Exil.8160 well what ever so if you loose to a trab dh that use all trabs on one point could 5k hit ya from stealth and also pull ya in the trabs from that as well is just a fault of the player? xD sry but no. Trab rune is simply a bad design rune and need something done !

Seem that you hate stealth to me....

those numbers are nothing to what a thief can do out of stealth and they do it with even more health more mobility and more dmg.

Ps. A single boom (stab) can nulify a lot of the trouble you are having.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

Ive played the build the fact that you compair using more than half your cooldowns to move vs a single boom (switftness)  as having great mobility is just insane all on its own.

It literally means you are jumping into a fight with nothing let that sink in. The build also has almost no condi removal, 11k health, your dmg options are also your big dps so if you play someone with half a brain they can avoid completly.

And last time I check there 0 to really low of DH in the ATs and they never get far.

Like he said.

Jumping into a fight with nothing? You obviously have NEVER played this build. It has plenty of mobility. 

I understand you are a Guardian main and have no concept of active defenses. As a Mesmer main I have learned to avoid taking damage actively, through proper dodge usage and ability usage. I understand that you as a Guardian are used to having passive defenses loaded out the kitten, and are used to cycling through invulns and defensive abilites so having to actively play isn't something you're used to. Compared to power Chrono you have a TON more defense and actually have condi cleans. In terms of condi cleanse you have f2 and can swap JI for Contemplation of Purity.  Actually play a class that is defensively limited.

The #1 ranked guy NA right now is Naru. At least when he is streaming he is playing over 50% of his games as berserker DH. He plays it in ATs all the time. I watch him destroy some of the best players with this build.  These players are bigger brained at this game than you. Let that sink in. 

It doesn't take a genius to bait out dodges and cooldowns before you use your big damage abilities. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Jumping into a fight with nothing? You obviously have NEVER played this build. It has plenty of mobility. 

I understand you are a Guardian main and have no concept of active defenses. As a Mesmer main I have learned to avoid taking damage actively, through proper dodge usage and ability usage. I understand that you as a Guardian are used to having passive defenses loaded out the kitten, and are used to cycling through invulns and defensive abilites so having to actively play isn't something you're used to. Compared to power Chrono you have a TON more defense and actually have condi cleans. In terms of condi cleanse you have f2 and can swap JI for Contemplation of Purity.  Actually play a class that is defensively limited.

The #1 ranked guy NA right now is Naru. At least when he is streaming he is playing over 50% of his games as berserker DH. He plays it in ATs all the time. I watch him destroy some of the best players with this build.  These players are bigger brained at this game than you. Let that sink in. 

It doesn't take a genius to bait out dodges and cooldowns before you use your big damage abilities. 

What are you talking about, mesmer has arguably the best defensive in the game baked in (F4).

And yes, if you don't take Retreat for swiftness you actually have very limited mobility, as to get from point A to B you use your traps for superspeed, which will be up for about 50% of the trip on most maps. but you get there with 2 of your utilities and your healing skill on cooldown.  Anyone with swiftness will get from point A to B faster without spending as much utilities.

I actually take Retreat on my DH instead of JI because I can get to fights without wasting my traps and actually have a bit more mobility during the fight itself. The AoE Aegis from retreat is pretty useful too in a lot of scenarios.

Your point about baiting dodges and cooldowns is true for all specs.

Litreally all our defensives are active abilities we have to carefuly use, we have 0 passive defensives. That's the whole idea of Guardians. We have 11k health. That's the opposite of passive.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Let me get this straight... you say you know how to dodge and bait cooldowns yet you cant do that with traps? Thos are one of the easiest thing to avoid.

Guard running too u (with zero swiftness) it so odvious he wants to trap. 

Guard stealths? 1 less trap for u to worry about and it means hes eithe running to u or away.

Guard teles to u... DODGE! traps ( even the elite can be easly dodge. 

Didnt bring stab for elite well that your fault. Got caugth in elite trap? Your fault cuz he used his brain and baited you.

You cant say you " As a mesmet main I learned to avoid taking dmg actively" if you keep falling into guard traps. 

Also, yes guard have a lot of defence that trye ill give you that..... but on a 11k dh THEY DONT RUN BEARLY ANY!

F2 is one but if u used it for mobility ( like u claim) it wont help you. JI is the same thing. Renewed focus but if they take that no elite trap. 

@Exile.8160 as i said before saying just dodge is no opinion since they could ezily cast the damage things while in stealth .... ok you could dodge skills like lb 5 and the elite trab but yea you cant dodge the the f1 and lb 2 and 3 skill since they are casting them simply while in stealth lol xd

1 minute ago, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

@Exile.8160 A lobotomized Pigeon could play that build by crapping randomly over the keyboard. It needs to go. Sounds to me like you're getting carried by a cheap gimmick and don't want Anet to nerf it, so you can continue to roll your face across the keyboard for easy wins.

Lool there soo many worst build that are even easier (scourge holo como to mind) yet DH has to be the priority right? 

2 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Exile.8160 as i said before saying just dodge is no opinion since they could ezily cast the damage things while in stealth .... ok you could dodge skills like lb 5 and the elite trab but yea you cant dodge the the f1 and lb 2 and 3 skill since they are casting them simply while in stealth lol xd

I said dodge because the guy I was responding used it to brag on how he plays.

Please read before commenting XD.