Well-done Anet

"you never know the value of something until you lose it" 

Being banned really put into perspective how much i value this game, even just running around about facing in hotm... 

even thought it can be a headache 

Edited by skriim.3764
adding ", even just running around about facing in hotm"
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Is this sincere or passive-aggressive?  I can't tell.  

no i genuinely feel that way... actually hmm i guess not i think its more of an attachment to that account because i could do the same on an alt but thinking about that doest really make me feel anything 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

There used to be restrictions against discussing actions taken against an account.

We don’t know what actions were taken against the account. I don’t think that is the discussion. Rather it is about the result of a banning causing a player to have an ‘ah-ha’ moment and find new meaning and respect for the game, it’s devs and perhaps the community as a whole. 

not everyone needs that moment but it is pretty great to see someone have it and recognize it. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

We don’t know what actions were taken against the account. I don’t think that is the discussion. Rather it is about the result of a banning causing a player to have an ‘ah-ha’ moment and find new meaning and respect for the game, it’s devs and perhaps the community as a whole. 

not everyone needs that moment but it is pretty great to see someone have it and recognize it. 

Well we do know the action taken against the account its obvoiusly being banned.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I was just answering the question posed, not commenting otherwise. Even so we do in fact know what action was taken as the OP stated so in his first post.

It's not 'used to be', but is:

Any public discussion of disciplinary action or moderation is not allowed, and circumventing suspensions or bans by using another Account or having another user use the Services on your behalf is also not allowed. This includes posting or sharing with third parties any chat logs or email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM), moderator, administrator, or any member of NCSOFT staff.

From the Code of Conduct accessed via the 'Legal Documentation' link below.

3 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Well, any time i've mentioned any action on my account in any way, it has been removed regardless of context or how explicit or subtle it was. So we can guess that someone needs to report it or something for anything to happen. I guess kissing anets backside gets you a free pass.

55 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's not 'used to be', but is:

Any public discussion of disciplinary action or moderation is not allowed, and circumventing suspensions or bans by using another Account or having another user use the Services on your behalf is also not allowed. This includes posting or sharing with third parties any chat logs or email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM), moderator, administrator, or any member of NCSOFT staff.

From the Code of Conduct accessed via the 'Legal Documentation' link below.

Well, technically this wording would mean you are not allowed to quote this (and neither am I) because we are publicly discussing moderation now. 😜
Good thing our law doesn't work like that

Edit: Just found this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

Discussing / Debating Moderator or GM Actions

• -challenge the removal of a thread or post; instead e-mail Forums@Arena.Net with questions
  • -debate the closure of a thread
  • -petition on behalf of a forum member whose forum or game account has been suspended or terminated
Edited by Malitias.8453