Would Someone Please Explain "Meeting The Asura" To Me?

So I'm doing this instance .. I did it years ago but either it's changed or there's something I did before I've not done now.

I'm in the central chamber to kill Vopp.

I killed all the mobs, some time a cutscene triggered after Faolin did something but I can't find what the hell to do next!

I've watched Ayin's video 5 times and can't see anything in that I've not done, but somehow she got Vopp's shield to disappear.

The only difference is that in the video one of the shield generators around the central platform is missing, I have no such missing one, one of mine though has a spanner icon above it.

I can't find anything to interact with, Faolin is endlessly fighting spawning golems in a shield I can't enter .. in the video one has a cog-wheel which I now think is the one that disappeared, what does the spanner mean?

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing here, 'cos the game sure as hell isn't.?

The Wiki says "sabotage shield generators without being discovered to take down Vorpp's shield" with zero explanation of WTF you do!

I have a message "Eliminate attacker's to regain stealth" .. apart from the respawning golem there are no more NPCs to kill apart from Vopp so how do I "regain stealth"?

Edited by Kraggy.4169

You have to see where Vopp is, and sabotage the next generator over (mind you not to get caught in the cones). When you sabotage a generator, it creates a white circle effect that disables Vopp's shield when he enters the circle (which is why you sabotage the next one, so he enters it).
After that, just knock him out, and you're done.

• Like 2

How do I do that?  I can't interact with anything in the whole room and nothing is targetable.

What does the spanner mean over one of the generators which the video doesn't have?

I logged out after 40 mins running around aimlessly so I have to re-do the whole damned thing but I need to understand what the game isn't telling me .. so many of these instances are totally devoid of any explanation of their mechanics 😞

Edited by Kraggy.4169
  • Like 1

So I guess this is still a buggy mess .. I found many threads over the years with problems with this instance.

I redid it and it worked fine, I did nothing different though maybe in a different order, but this time cog-wheels appeared and I was able to interact with the generators .. and eventually Vopp died.

This game has so many bugged instances it's embarrasing.

After a few minutes of trying to time it right on the different cycles (distract robot, sabotage when the guards look away, etc)

I said yeah no and just trigger the 'fail' and just kill everything (once you kill all of the golems/his krewes you can just smack him)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoflCat.9827 said:

After a few minutes of trying to time it right on the different cycles (distract robot, sabotage when the guards look away, etc)

I said yeah no and just trigger the 'fail' and just kill everything (once you kill all of the golems/his krewes you can just smack him)

This isn't really hard to do. Just kill everything and Vopp drops like a sack of potatoes when you focus him.

I’ve never encountered any issue. While it’s possible that there could be a bug, I personally believe that the majority of the issues are caused by the players not knowing what to do. This is one of a few fights that are entirely mechanic driven and don’t actually require you to fight anything. 

You need to get a handle on the timing of the robots and when they change directions. You want to interact with the devices when they are not looking at it. The field the devices leave last awhile and I typically destroyed them just as the boss was moving to the one before mine. When he’s stunned, interact with him to damage him. Don’t be cause by the robots when doing this. 

The second phase it simply the same as before except you have to avoid the AoE field of the robot by the button in the middle. Destroying the outer devices will cause it to try and repair them which allows you to interact with the button. This requires proper timing as well. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1

Just skip this sorry excuse for a stealth mini game. Starting with the HP room, it’s best to just kill them. Intentionally get spotted, line of sight to ball them up, use skill 5 to AOE while they’re rounding up, skill 8 for AOE, skill 6 to heal, skill 2 to charge forward and AOE, then skill 3 to dodge. If you’re dying and cannot heal, stealth and run until your skills are up again. After all enemies are dead, go after Vorpp. Repeat for 2nd part.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

I hit a bug that got me through this one. 

I triggered an attack by accident and while trying to evade I ended up on one of the shield generator platforms. The generators decided to respawn right then and I somehow ended up stuck inside of a shield generator. 

Everyone attacks me of course but since I'm stuck inside this thing none of them could hit me but I could hit them with the leap attack and that attack that makes you jump around. These didn't get me unstuck but they did do damage so after a bit I ended up killing them all and only Vopp or whatever his name is was left.

So I'm standing there thinking now what? I googled what to do when you're stuck and found the /stuck command. Worked a treat so after the teleport I run up to Vopp and just kill him.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:51 AM, Kraggy.4169 said:

How do I do that?  I can't interact with anything in the whole room and nothing is targetable.

What does the spanner mean over one of the generators which the video doesn't have?

I logged out after 40 mins running around aimlessly so I have to re-do the whole damned thing but I need to understand what the game isn't telling me .. so many of these instances are totally devoid of any explanation of their mechanics 😞

The generator is not targetable. Instead, you have to stand near the generator and then you should see that you can interact (press F) to 'Sabotage'. It takes a few seconds to complete, just like when opening up some chests. I did it by following Vorp to each generator platform in turn, stand right behind him, and had just enough time to sabotage each generator before Vorp would hit me. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:44 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Interesting. I did it on 18 characters over the years and never had a single problem with it. :classic_huh:

Thread on Reddit and elsewhere reported several problems over the years, I guess your experience simply proves the point that some people don't hit problems while many others do.

As a final comment, I'll recap my experience.

Attempt 1: I killed all the mobs, but there was NO cog above any of the generators, none were interactable near Vopp or not.

Attempt 2 (after abandoning 1): killed all the mobs, this time there WAS a cog about a generator which I was able to destroy and remove Vopp's shield and kill him.

Clearly the script is broken somehow since it didn't make a generator able to be interacted with .. I spent 40 minutes the first time trying to do something, no way could I have missed the cog!

• Like 1

It would be amazing if they would actually fix this stupid quest. All of living world season 2 is pretty bad, but this question tops it by taking an extraordinary amount of time -- and will still randomly disconnect from server at completion and force you to do it all again. I'm on the 3rd try right now.

This quest was bad years ago when I did it the first time. It's an odd level of commitment to have not fixed any of it. 

Edit: same problem with a lot of the time consuming s2 living world questions -- you'll out of sync at the end, the client with dump you, and get you to do the entire tedious thing a second or third time.

Edited by Kellhus.8071
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Two years later and still not fixed I have tried it twice and either the option to sabotage the generators does not appear or when they do and you disable Vorp's shield and you knock him out he just says 'I'm more resilient than that' and he does not get knocked and then golems guard the shields I drew them away from the shield generators by messing with the control panels and disabled the shield again and again Vorp cannot be knocked out he just says 'I'm more resilient than that' and everything resets again I just spent an hour doing this in a loop.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2