Minion Mancer needs to get nerfed more!!!

Is this a consequence of player damage and stat options being nerfed/removed but minion stats/skills being reletively unchanged from the Feb 2020 patch?

I thought this as well with some PvP forum post recently about Ranger pets (specifically the drake or something) feeling overturned, but that might be a different issue.

Edited by Iso.3425
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

As a nerf to minion necros, id like the minons lose health the more they attack. That way there is some kind of trade off to the endless ai bot attacks that happens from them. Without a decent support they will die, and in a 1v1 they just wont last forever as they do now.

What do you all think of this idea?

I think that would help and nerfting Necromantic Corruption too

On 6/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

I still don't understand why Anet thinks minions are okay while turrets (essentially minions with a huge trade-off because they cannot move) were deemed so OP that they needed to be nerfed into oblivion. 

Yes I am a salty engi main. 

Because minions were never treated as structures (immunity to condies and critical strikes) like turrets once were. That's why they never got the ban hammer.

On 6/24/2021 at 6:08 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

As a nerf to minion necros, id like the minons lose health the more they attack. That way there is some kind of trade off to the endless ai bot attacks that happens from them. Without a decent support they will die, and in a 1v1 they just wont last forever as they do now.

What do you all think of this idea?

I like this idea. Or maybe have a trait to pull health from the necro to get the attacks. Would feel fluid w the necro mechanics. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Havent seen any in ~1650 games EU, is this NA thing?
Like I met maybe 3-4 of them, and they are almost useless in teamfights, and are just annoying shits on sides.

ppl duo q double core minionmancer, game i lost against it one of them was placed 10 in leaderboards, so yeah, it's a thing on NA.

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheBigPlay.7504 said:

Go watch MAT, it's being played right now. Grim just got killed by it one of the best Eles in the game. The build literally takes Zero skill to play.

Got a link? Why does everyone here asume we know everything? I dont know what MAT means

15 minutes ago, aaron.7850 said:

Well that doesnt help me, I asked for the minionmancer build, not for a guardian or ele live-stream.

The other guy couldn't even tell me what traits to take.

I am sad about how unhelpful people are here.

Here's a baseline MM build you can work from: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlFwoYVsJ2JW0OVJfA-z5YfIZKD6VI0xCwADA

There is a lot of variety with Minionmancers, and there are a lot of things you can change about it. Generally speaking, you're going to want to take the same traits as in the link, but you can take Ritual of Life in Blood Magic for more team support, and Unholy Martyr for less. You can also replace one of the minions with wurm if you need to escape more.

The sigils don't really matter too much - play what you find to be beneficial. If you need more cleanses or dodges, play with cleansing and energy.

As far as amulets go, MM can be played as either power or condi. I used sage amulet in the link, but you could use carrion instead. If you want to go power, replace sceptre with axe and use maurauder/avatar amulet. Lynx rune is also a good option if you want more mobility.

32 minutes ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

Here's a baseline MM build you can work from: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlFwoYVsJ2JW0OVJfA-z5YfIZKD6VI0xCwADA

There is a lot of variety with Minionmancers, and there are a lot of things you can change about it. Generally speaking, you're going to want to take the same traits as in the link, but you can take Ritual of Life in Blood Magic for more team support, and Unholy Martyr for less. You can also replace one of the minions with wurm if you need to escape more.

The sigils don't really matter too much - play what you find to be beneficial. If you need more cleanses or dodges, play with cleansing and energy.

As far as amulets go, MM can be played as either power or condi. I used sage amulet in the link, but you could use carrion instead. If you want to go power, replace sceptre with axe and use maurauder/avatar amulet. Lynx rune is also a good option if you want more mobility.

Thank you so much, will try it out tonite

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Shrapnel.7249 said:

There’s so much irony here. This conversation was not meant to bring more MM bots in the game. This makes me sad.

There needs to be accessible builds for new players to have fun with, easy builds are healthy for this game as more people = more community

not everyone has the IQ to play weavers

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, aaron.7850 said:

There needs to be accessible builds for new players to have fun with, easy builds are healthy for this game as more people = more community

No, I'm ok with easy builds to play, but not brainless and skilless.

Edited by TheBigPlay.7504
  • Like 2

i played like dogshit so i lost the mu but thats actually the only mm mu ive lost since 3 months ago, didnt play great today and was distracted and stuff, weaver supposed to farm mm but i kittened up didnt get my 2nd earth shield, so flash wouldve been better didnt use earthshield how i should

i mean look earlier in the same game and see how i insta nueted him 3 times

but this spec is kittening stupid and needs to be removed, the fact that it transfers the first 5 condis u apply to them while also applying incredibly strong condis like 3s of immob, chill, weakness, poison, needs to be addressed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aaron.7850 said:

Fun and easy are fine! But unhealthy and intentionally braindead are a different story. There’s plenty of easy to play builds. Ranger has some, core condi necro, even holo smith is a walk in the park once you read the skills. 

• Like 2