Spys/Cheater aus Whiteside Ridge+ and Ring of Fire+

StarWolf.1593

Hello,
I'm your average casual player but even I noticed yesterday the kind of scum (players) those servers host. 
Yeah, I never met a good player from those servers but that's not the point, that's ok. 
Being not good at a game is one thing but cheating? That's pathetic. 
Yesterday, Sunday, I wanted to do some WvW and what do I see there? 
A few bots/spies depleted the supplies of all towers (including the T3) and our fortresses (also T3)just to built some golems. 
Shortly after those people were called out on their BS, two large blobbs (green and red) started to take our towers and 
in the end the keep. I know these servers have no other chance of winning except cheating, but so cheap and obvious? 
Do you really need it that much?
Yours truly
Lukasz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

spies don't really exist. supply depots tend to be emptied by your own people for golem rushes or overall siege. u know, that is what supply is for. offensive siege, against enemy stuff. u might not see that, depending on what u do.

its not "bots" that "steal" ... "your" ... supply. just people playing the game using it... to attack stuff.

• Confused 1

? You build siege to attack a point > capture point > replenish your supplies if that captured point has any in its stores.

When fortifying a point (like a keep) you start building or repairing defences, and of course that uses up supplies in that area. Likewise, to attack an area, you first need to gather supplies....from areas your team controls. This very easily depletes them - it's not a conspiracy.

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

spies don't really exist. supply depots tend to be emptied by your own people for golem rushes or overall siege. u know, that is what supply is for. offensive siege, against enemy stuff. u might not see that, depending on what u do.

its not "bots" that "steal" ... "your" ... supply. just people playing the game using it... to attack stuff.

I have no idea if its similar on other servers. But on Maguuma we regularly have "spies" from enemy servers who sit all day popping tactics and do stuff like burning supply building rams inside a tower. They openly admit to this. 

• Like 1

There is nothing technically wrong with people doing this imo.

You don't need "your" supplies 90% of the time to defend because you can just take the enemy's supplies as you go. 

And if they have 8-10 people constantly draining all supplies on your map that's 8-10 people who aren't actively fighting on the server they are helping. 

It's a tactic that may give your side a hard time in very rare circumstances. But in most cases supply wouldn't make a difference because as long as you win your fights nothing else matters.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

15 hours ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

? You build siege to attack a point > capture point > replenish your supplies if that captured point has any in its stores.

When fortifying a point (like a keep) you start building or repairing defences, and of course that uses up supplies in that area. Likewise, to attack an area, you first need to gather supplies....from areas your team controls. This very easily depletes them - it's not a conspiracy.

You know that's total BS because they didn't do anything with the golems, there was no rush intended, they didn't even have enough players, they only burned the supplies because the blobbs were waiting. We couldn't repair the walls of the keep and the towers (because they drained all of them, why is that?). We couldn't build defense siege tools. No, those mofos were bots from Whiteside Ridge+ and Ring of Fire+, their achievement points were also very low. So yes, those two servers host the biggest WvW scum I can imagine. As said, being bad at a game and lacking the skills is one thing but cheating is pathetic.

20 hours ago, dank.3680 said:

I have no idea if its similar on other servers. But on Maguuma we regularly have "spies" from enemy servers who sit all day popping tactics and do stuff like burning supply building rams inside a tower. They openly admit to this. 

Your server is disliked by the majority of WvW so this does not surprise anyone. 😏

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@StarWolf.1593 actually, that wording is pretty report worthy... and u are still plainly wrong. the whole line of argumentation makes no real sense. play Wvw some months, maybe u will understand one day.

also to think people are serverbound or assuming you know, which people are from which of the two linked servers... or thinking people u have on your linking sabotage u and therefore are spies from other servers.... idk. see this more easy, 99% there's other explainations for it.

• Like 1

There are certain guilds, players and commanders that build golems and stack them somewhere for potential use later. I remember ZOI guild doing this. Just 30 golems at spawn. Instead of seeing conspiracies everywhere, try asking them instead! The real hacking in WvW is not related to supplies. 

i'm somehow very very very very very sure that there were never ever 30 golems at spawn.

@allshallperish.4620 because 90% of todays players completely miss that they are in a pvp format. hiding behind siege to protect useless objectives and running from every fight possible is currently a huge problem that t1 is infested with.

(just a general summary, we all know this ain't a new problem and the vicious cycle of it repeats every matchup once again - including some new players posting here their confusion about it)

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016

On 6/29/2021 at 4:23 AM, dank.3680 said:

That's actually pretty common on many servers. The alts of the usual bandwagoner guilds, pulling tactics in every objective as soon as their zerg enters the map. :p

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@StarWolf.1593 actually, that wording is pretty report worthy... and u are still plainly wrong. the whole line of argumentation makes no real sense. play Wvw some months, maybe u will understand one day.

also to think people are serverbound or assuming you know, which people are from which of the two linked servers... or thinking people u have on your linking sabotage u and therefore are spies from other servers.... idk. see this more easy, 99% there's other explainations for it.

Go ahead.

I play long enough to know what happens, even as a casual, and this was botting, obiously so.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

because 90% of todays players completely miss that they are in a pvp format. hiding behind siege to protect useless objectives and running from every fight possible is currently a huge problem that t1 is infested with.

(just a general summary, we all know this ain't a new problem and the vicious cycle of it repeats every matchup once again - including some new players posting here their confusion about it)

So you post something like this, something that is clearly against using supply for defense purposes (i.e. siege) and you also think there cannot possibly be spies or trolls that use all the supply for no reason? 

I do have to laugh at WvW being a 'PvP format'--it uses PvE stats, food buffs, etc. (so it's unbalanced as you can get), is mostly played by random people that are not grouped and not in any comms, and is clearly built around gaining and holding objectives.  Contrast that with actual PvP which is played by small comped groups, is about holding nodes / fighting, and has a strict set of usable stats.  

If anything, WvW is a PvE format with ability to attack other players.  

Anyway, at the core of it, taking supply from keeps for any offensive maneuver is incorrect--that's what camps are for.  You can argue that taking supply from towers is fine as there is little reason to protect most of them, but never from keeps.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, StarWolf.1593 said:

Hello,
I'm your average casual player but even I noticed yesterday the kind of scum (players) those servers host. 
Yeah, I never met a good player from those servers but that's not the point, that's ok. 
Being not good at a game is one thing but cheating? That's pathetic. 
Yesterday, Sunday, I wanted to do some WvW and what do I see there? 
A few bots/spies depleted the supplies of all towers (including the T3) and our fortresses (also T3)just to built some golems. 
Shortly after those people were called out on their BS, two large blobbs (green and red) started to take our towers and 
in the end the keep. I know these servers have no other chance of winning except cheating, but so cheap and obvious? 
Do you really need it that much?
Yours truly
Lukasz

If they build golems to drain the supply, use the golems to defend the keep. Golem + disable is very effective.  

Spy do exist, we have sneaky kitten triggering the tactivators all the time right before enemy attack. 

for those who say supply doesn't matter LOL, try to disable enemy siege without any supply in the structure  😛 

We used to have this one player who build Balista non-stop at the supply hut. I think they were eventually banned for life as we haven't seen them anymore.  

And yes we have had 30 golems before. If you know how to managed the supply you can have a keep full supply with many golems to spare. But them some idiot/spy troll our golems by jumping  them off a cliff, and the guy stop building them. 

Last but not least, are those morons who aren't spy but need to repair every wall making sure you don't have any supply left to defend.  I considered them spy non the less.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

If they build golems to drain the supply, use the golems to defend the keep. Golem + disable is very effective.  

Spy do exist, we have sneaky kitten triggering the tactivators all the time right before enemy attack. 

for those who say supply doesn't matter LOL, try to disable enemy siege without any supply in the structure  😛 

We used to have this one player who build Balista non-stop at the supply hut. I think they were eventually banned for life as we haven't seen them anymore.  

And yes we have had 30 golems before. If you know how to managed the supply you can have a keep full supply with many golems to spare. But them some idiot/spy troll our golems by jumping  them off a cliff, and the guy stop building them. 

Last but not least, are those morons who aren't spy but need to repair every wall making sure you don't have any supply left to defend.  I considered them spy non the less.

A voice of reason ❤️