Here is how you win every match...

Listen carefully.

1. Duo Q double necro

2. lay down all your AoE at once and stand in the middle

You're done! Congrats, you are now gold three to mid plat 

Seriously though, this game needs to chill out with all of the AoE skills...seems like there are too many and not even just in the Necro class. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, seraph shay.6170 said:

Listen carefully.

1. Duo Q double necro

2. lay down all your AoE at once and stand in the middle

You're done! Congrats, you are now gold three to mid plat 

Seriously though, this game needs to chill out with all of the AoE skills...seems like there are too many and not even just in the Necro class. 

It has been like this literally for years since HoT launch, the necro population increased in size tenfold with reaper introduction and now with scourge and core necro revival, the class population has skyrocketed.

When HoT launched, players you never seen before reached Platinum rank playing either DragonHunter or Reaper .....what you're saying is nothing new and nothing that will change...ever

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It has been like this literally for years since HoT launch, the necro population increased in size tenfold with reaper introduction and now with scourge and core necro revival, the class population has skyrocketed.

When HoT launched, players you never seen before reached Platinum rank playing either DragonHunter or Reaper .....what you're saying is nothing new and nothing that will change...ever

Nothing about DH or reaper promotes spamming aoe skills to stay alive as it's form of effectiveness in a conquest game mode. This isn't about class effectiveness, it's about what it takes and the gameplay necessary to get effectiveness. 

Scourge's mechanics quite literally encourage spamming to bunker a node in a game mode where that very mechanic is exploited.  It's transitioning PvE barrier application mentality mechanics into PvP where it shouldn't be, and it's the way you're getting effectiveness that's troublesome and the gameplay it promotes to get that effectiveness.

Reaper actually takes a brain to play and has next to no aoe outside of staff marks in plat+ otherwise you get farmed by thief and purely auto-focused in group fights without a support. 

You're arguing that classes are busted at expansion launches, of course, I mean you can list a number of other classes there alongside guardian and necro like druid and thief for example. But PoF launched in 2017. You'd have a point if PoF launched a month ago.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tanbin.9402 said:

Nothing about DH or reaper promotes spamming aoe skills to stay alive as it's form of effectiveness in a conquest game mode. This isn't about class effectiveness, it's about what it takes and the gameplay necessary to get effectiveness. 

Scourge's mechanics quite literally encourage spamming to bunker a node in a game mode where that very mechanic is exploited.  It's transitioning PvE barrier application mentality mechanics into PvP where it shouldn't be, and it's the way you're getting effectiveness that's troublesome and the gameplay it promotes to get that effectiveness.

Reaper actually takes a brain to play and has next to no aoe outside of staff marks in plat+ otherwise you get farmed by thief and purely auto-focused in group fights without a support. 

You're arguing that classes are busted at expansion launches, of course, I mean you can list a number of other classes there alongside guardian and necro like druid and thief for example. But PoF launched in 2017. You'd have a point if PoF launched a month ago.

“Nothing about reaper promotes aoe spam.”

”reaper takes a brain to play”

Omegalul

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

No other class can offer what necros can. The class is loaded with utilities, boon corrupt, CC, dmg, condi, quick revive, cleave. Necros literally bring more to the table than any two classes combined.

Meta will never change unless necros see some real nerfs and not incremental application adjustments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Its not that necro's aoes are overpowered, is that in 2021 the 60% of people playing ranked pvp still dont know how counter a scourge, condi cleansing or even dodge!

The counters were softened quite a bit though. Deadeye and sic'em sniper got their unblockables gutted, CC-spam meme warrior no longer does damage, and DH(which is the middleground between pew-pew and CC) wasn't buffed enough to take their place.

Currently there is nothing that hardcounters scourge. You may say just outnumber to win fights, but here comes  the second problem with scourge: it stacks too well. With 2 scourges on mid they can chain Corrosive Posion Cloud for basicly 50% projectile denial uptime, they can cover each other with barrier even when CC-d, they have insane rez-potential, and on top of that they do bruiser damage, as they were forced into picking a bruiser amulet. So a 3v2 is basicly unwinnable against the scourgestack, even 4v2 is taking long enough for the rest of the team to get there.
So no outnumbering either... normally outplaying an enemy once or twice will get you to the victory screen in conquest. However against a scourgestack you have to outrotate and outplay constantly to even have a shot at winning. Even though the scourges are playing with their brain mostly turned off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Its not that necro's aoes are overpowered, is that in 2021 the 60% of people playing ranked pvp still dont know how counter a scourge, condi cleansing or even dodge!

Necros are overpowered. In the mAT, I played against Teapot's team - mostly plat2 players, and I'm a plat1 player. In Skyhammer, they were 3 and I went alone. I contested hammer a good 40 seconds in a 3v1 on scourge. Against better players. Went back to see Teapot's stream, my aoes (now looking red since I was the enemy) are everywhere. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:42 PM, frareanselm.1925 said:

I assure you necro is not only op in ranked but also in „competitive 5v5/daily/monthly AT“ 

sure a lot of people don’t know how to counter it but that’s also due to the fact that there’s very little you can do about it in the first place 

@frareanselm.1925

• Like 3

On 7/1/2021 at 12:25 PM, torben.1532 said:

I assure you necro is not only op in ranked but also in „competitive 5v5/daily/monthly AT“ 

sure a lot of people don’t know how to counter it but that’s also due to the fact that there’s very little you can do about it in the first place 

@frareanselm.1925

In 1v1 necro is not Op at all, even myself that I'm not a very good player, managed to kill in 1v1 a lot of scourges in gold division.

It's in Mid points, in the chaos of the battle that people dont pay attention and entire teams wipe like a house of cards.

Of course in the 2v2 modality its overpowered just like reve, guard, or scrapper, the perfect team mate.

Edited by frareanselm.1925

On 6/29/2021 at 2:09 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

But who doesn't miss chill bleed reapers? 🙃