WvW Experience

Ozzy.3718

I think that's related to the server culture rather to the entire community. On my previous server I had this problem, most of my allies were unable to play the game without a guy on discord telling them what to do. I've seen a T3 garrison fall with almost 1000 supplies stored and many players "defending".

I migrated and I no longer have this problem anymore: when someone makes a call to defend a camp (and not just the north camp) there is always people coming to fight, even if we are outnumbered. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, but there is a will to fight and win and that's everything I want.

I'm not sure about the attacking and defending part. There is people who like one and people who like the another.

Eh I think it was more about HoT wvw stuff, introduction of desert bl, and veterans eventually not caring as much to "ppt", rather than streamers that led wvw down this path.... watchtower, auto upgrades, ewp, map with structures too big to bother preplanning siege defense and annoying time to refresh, etc. gw2 doesn't even get that much stream views lol.

• Thanks 1

Alot of its just because matches draw on for an entire week and are very exhausting when its not a good matchup, so players tend to flock towards tags just to have a chance at winning and getting something out of their time in the game mode.

Playing the mode "properly" is fun for about the first day or so, before you get tired of every call out being '50 reds at wc' or something else thats impossible to respond to.

Some matchups have become so bad that its impossible to even defend camps. At this point what is there to do but try to disorganise, separate and farm groups of enemy players so you're at least winning in some way?

If they would change matchups to last a maximum of 24 hours so that there's a fresh rotation of communities and playing styles as your enemies, you'd see alot more motivation to do anything more than tag for kills to progress rank/reward track/etc,, because players wouldn't be so exhausted of doing anything else.

I think the devs stated at one point burnout was one of the most dangerous problems they dealt with In WvW and part of why they defocused the game mode in development, especially moves like discontinuing tournaments. But all it really needed was a more frequently varied landscape (rotating links, matchups, maps, etc.), I think.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

On 7/2/2021 at 11:24 PM, Ozzy.3718 said:

WvW has changed alot thanks to the "streamers" now nobody wants to scout, defend or attack structures, they just go for the "big fights" the zerg vs zerg experience https://i.redd.it/gfyiahn1kv871.jpg

A lot of players join these giant map-sized zergs - they make defending pointless.

When scouts despair, they give up...

... and join giant map-sized zergs.

No incentive to do those things. Tactivators do half the work for you, rewards are minimal, and winning doesn't mean anything.

People hunt for fights because combat in Guild Wars 2 is beautifully done and unlike any other MMO experience out there. People have learned that there's no sense in playing objective wars when the real fun for most is fighting others.

If you enjoy scouting and defending, that's great. Some people do. But there simply isn't enough reason to do those things for a lot of players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

No incentive to do those things. Tactivators do half the work for you, rewards are minimal, and winning doesn't mean anything.

People hunt for fights because combat in Guild Wars 2 is beautifully done and unlike any other MMO experience out there. People have learned that there's no sense in playing objective wars when the real fun for most is fighting others.

If you enjoy scouting and defending, that's great. Some people do. But there simply isn't enough reason to do those things for a lot of players.

Where do you see beautiful fights? You mean zerg vs zerg where you cant see anything else than 1000000000000000 red circles on the ground is beautiful?

new account, 1 post, totally not smelling of trolls eh?

these days u gotta be lucky to get proper zergfights... or even, to find people that are willing to bring proper classes. like, it is kinda complicated that very often those on class XY and YY won't switch to class AB, BB or CB, while the map lacks these.

kinda.. queue problem in the end. as well as different types of players not working together for different reasons. tho, to be fair  will never understand what important matters these 40 rangers/thieves have to do on one map.... or where. happened by now on every server i've been to. when a server is close to die, it happens more frequently.