Half monthly reminder how you ruined all fun in mesmer for me

Crackmonster.2790

11 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I personally dont agree in changing how mirage cloak worked, however changing how IH worked or giving it a ICD wouldve done better then the 1 dodge nerf. 

If mirage cloak was removed it would be no different then core mesmer, realistically think about it. 

They have nerfed mirage cloak and its no longer then a dodge animation, only reason why people still think it lasts longer is because of the visuals.

If Mirage Cloak was removed - and Distortion used because it just makes sense - it would be about Ambushes 😉

But I said elsewhere: Just removing Mirage Cloak wouldn't be right. Mirage needs a rework. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eloid.4569 said:
Yes of course, kill random people in wvsw, try to do that in SPvP or with people who know what they are doing.

And you say "one shot", sorry I only see a mester who uses ALL his CDs to try to kill someone.

LOL? You say that like there are no good Mesmers in sPvP. I take it you don't WvW much if you think these "random people" don't consist of good players. Yeah sure, most of solo or 2/3 v 1s would be against button mashers but you're dead wrong if you think that you can come in WvW and faceroll on people just because you're good in sPvP. Not all people in PvP "know what they are doing" either, so that same statement can be turned against you. 

Sorry if the term "one shot" was used loosely then. You're clearly missing the point.

Mesmer is, in it's current state, viable in any game mode. I don't see how or why that is hard to accept. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

16 hours ago, Sytriel.9413 said:

I only read the 1st page as it was already hilarious enough. 

Right Mesmer is so weak that couple year old build can still one shot people in WvW.
juice - Core Shatter Mesmer is BACK?! | Guild Wars 2 WvW Roaming - YouTube

Edit: 
Yes. I am a Mesmer main. I play Support Chrono in WvW, Condi Mirage and Core Mesmer similar to the YT video build with minimal differences. I don't see any problems with it honestly. 

Throwing around the phrase "because of x and y, you're opinion is invalidated". Like dude seriously? Quick to disregard other peoples opinions while trying to push you're own as the "right" way. If you think it's broken, then that's your opinion. Why is it necessary to -what it seems like, beg for everyone to agree with your view.

Being able to one shot does not mean its good and you need to see how a mesmer is able to one shot. In that video it wasn't one shot per say it was multi hits and constant pressure low enough to kill. It was generally waiting for CDs to finish for you to pull off another one shot. 

Core innately has the highest dmg of all 3 specs due to it being able to run all the dmg traits, and also you have to see what people he is fighting and from the looks of the video none of them really knew how to fight. Montages puts the best clips and ignore the bad so showing a montage is invalid proof.

As he said it Core Mesmer is the glassiest spec of all in order to pull that dmg, there are classes that can pull decent amount of dmg without having to go full glass, thieves, engis, and rangers are the most guilty of that being able to run durability runes.

Mesmer is viable I mean arguably any class is viable to a person who has mastered the class...but is it the best choice then it most likely not. 

If you pit 2 people that have the same mastery lvl and knowledge of a class vs mesmer main I can tell you this mesmer would lose most of the fight.

Mesmer is my main since the game was released....so....

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, Jables.4659 said:

Mirage has one setup that kind of works in pvp.  Condition Mirage sort of functions because it was a genuinely broken design from the beginning.  I am in awe that the devs created such a brain-dead abomination and then nerfed everything around it instead of dealing with the shining purple elephant in the room.  That aside, losing our second dodge heavily conflicts with the design of GW2 combat.  In general, dodging should be your first defensive action.  You use it first because if you don't, you are wasting a resource.  Once that first dodge is used, you are regaining endurance and still have a second dodge for emergencies.  One-dodge-mirage creates a paradox.  If you save your single dodge for an emergency moment, you are wasting your resource, but if you don't save it, you lose your emergency defense.  There is no good choice and it flies in the face of the amazing combat design this game was built upon.  For the life of me I have no idea why the devs refused to touch Infinite Horizon and Mirage Cloak.  It would've taken work, but removing those mechanics from the game could've prevented the chain of band-aid nerfs on top of band-aid nerfs that has left Mesmer a broken shell of its former self. 

Mirage has multiple setups that work very well in PvP. You can play powerblock Mirage, you can play Dueling/Illusions Mirage which has bigger burst than powerblock, you can play Chaos/Dueling staff, and the toxic af Chaos/Inspi staff build. All of them can be played at a high level successfully. 

Mirage has a ton of defense baked into it's toolkit. If you need a tutorial on what those are, you can go through my post history where I've explained it many times on this forum. Mirage's weakness isn't a lack of dodges or defense. It's biggest weakness is resustain. 

Just because Mirage isn't easy like Necro, does not mean it is bad. Mirage played properly is a good class. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

43 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Mirage has multiple setups that work very well in PvP. You can play powerblock Mirage, you can play Dueling/Illusions Mirage which has bigger burst than powerblock, you can play Chaos/Dueling staff, and the toxic af Chaos/Inspi staff build. All of them can be played at a high level successfully. 

Mirage has a ton of defense baked into it's toolkit. If you need a tutorial on what those are, you can go through my post history where I've explained it many times on this forum. Mirage's weakness isn't a lack of dodges or defense. It's biggest weakness is resustain. 

Just because Mirage isn't easy like Necro, does not mean it is bad. Mirage played properly is a good class. 

All of which suck in comparison to just playing a thief i left mesmer to thief trust me mirage is absolutely horrible for what it's supposed to do.

5v5

Side node?

Thief does it better can decap and escape multiple times in the span of one minute without leaving the zone thus keeping 1 or 2 people nearby you, as a mesmer you have to win or run and run away completely and your CD's to run and your CD's to kill are the same CD's unlike thief.

Large Scale?

Thief does this better as well providing aoe blinds and INSTANT BURST without burning multiple cds also can stomp in the middle of combat w/o having to pop and massive CD (dispersion),  As a mesmer you have to use at least 2 cd's to atleast get started on dps'ing stomping in combat requires 2 clones minimum already up + distortion shatter.

+1 To support.

Again thief does this better as they are faster to get around the map and again HAVE INSTANT BURST that does not require 2-3 seconds and 2-3 cds to line up. And Again mirage offense and defense are the same buttons if you commit to a fight that's it you lose your dead.

Defending as a bunker?

Neither of them do this well.

(Let me just add anet completely destroyed portal in pvp so that's out too)

2v2?

Thief does it better you have faster easier to set up burst and misdirecting your opponent is much easier unless they have reveal but which ruins mesmers just as much, how ever thieves carry alot of blind allowing for better fighting and again Moving saving your life and setting up burst requires less cd and is faster to execute.

3v3?

Same application as 3v3 but even better for thieves because thieves do far better aoe damage and single target damage while inflicting blind a the same time while invul consider thief ulti like a 20times better version of dispersion that can apply blind to everyone thus protecting your mates and you constantly evade.

There is literally nothing at all that mesmer's do that no other class can do not only that there is nothing a mesmer can do that is exceptional that only a mesmer can do clone generation does not confuse anyone unless they are bad also they just drop to quickly for them to be of any use.

If you compare mesmers to other classes everyone else is much easier to play far more easier to do damage with and isn't nearly as squishy, i just compared mesmer to thief as they are the closest to each other when it comes to pvp. I play 5 classes i have run through every mesmer build possible to see what works and what doesn't and what is clear is that every spec is absolute kitten if you opponent has any idea how to fight a mesmer.

This is not the same with the 4 other classes i play ele, guardian, thief, engineer, the vast majority of my games are on mesmer and i've played over 2k hours on a mesmer and i can say for certain it is my worse performing pvp class even though i know it the most and played it the most.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, Sytriel.9413 said:

LOL? You say that like there are no good Mesmers in sPvP. I take it you don't WvW much if you think these "random people" don't consist of good players. Yeah sure, most of solo or 2/3 v 1s would be against button mashers but you're dead wrong if you think that you can come in WvW and faceroll on people just because you're good in sPvP. Not all people in PvP "know what they are doing" either, so that same statement can be turned against you. 

Sorry if the term "one shot" was used loosely then. You're clearly missing the point.

Mesmer is, in it's current state, viable in any game mode. I don't see how or why that is hard to accept. 

I went into WvW with my pve berserker soulbeast and managed to win several 1v3 fights in a row, Im sure there are bunch of amazing WvW players but most of them are clowns that go full bunker stats and just press random kitten and hope it works.
Entire WvW is a herd mentality of us more we win.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

There is a reason why having defensive baked into toolkit is a bad thing. First off like our dodges, we now are forced to dodge offensively or defensively and if you dont dodge you wasting resources. 

Having defense merged into offensive skills will result in forcing to use the offensive skill defensively, and yes mirage's biggest weakness is "resustain" but again that is because now we are forced to use a dodge offensively or defensively. 

Like I previously stated, all classes are "viable" in high lvl, but again if there was 2 people with equal knowledge of all the classes fighting, mesmer will always be the losing one, other classes have more sustain then mesmer even pre-dodge nerf.

• Like 4