Half monthly reminder how you ruined all fun in mesmer for me

Crackmonster.2790

This is the class i always wanted to play - yet you have continually butchered it. A handful of features ruin the class for me.

Butchered Mirage dodges in pvp type content. Now 1 dodge, also kitten return on all dodge things as result. Just butchered what it was all about and made it pathetic. I dont even care if you made it weaker than now in another way this way just ruined the class feel.
Staff is a super bad weapon ! i want to make a staff mesmer so bad i find it so cool thematically but sadly you have just left it to die a slow death and never cared for it.
Chrono is balanced around continuum split and chronoplasma -  which has a super bad gameflow extremely clunky, is uberscaled to make it a nonchoice, is prone to failures out of your control and just entirely changes the way you play - and with mirage butchered in pvp and chrono the only real pve this trait is a forced and super kitten playstyle if you ask me and ruins the class entirely for me in particular this forced playstyle of superclunky bad 200million skill setups and hope random things dont mess it up.

I have made so many alternative and non meta builds on mesmer over time but even things that arent anything special but you can make them work, youve found a way to make them totally unattractive. As a result emotionally i become sad and detached every time i want to play gw2 because i am drawn to this class but i know i cannot enjoy it when all the things i love are butchered and neglected, and super ultra annoying playstyles with so many downsides are forced upon the player. When you really want to do something but is rejected from being able to by the actual reality, then you lose your connection to life and you lose your interest. I have tried to play nearly all the other classes to move on from mesmer. Through that i have discovered similar problems. All things fun for all classes have but nerfed into te ground - in fact GW2 suffers from overnerfing and things being way too similar in just putting out numbers and lacking stone paper scissors tactical feel.

Zoom into the greater picture - why is it finaly fantasy is so popular and GW2 is not? Thats a question the devs should really explore because the people they think this game is made for the casual  happy fun player is not staying here. You must let the fun flow again, you gotta stop butchering everything. What makes classic wow feel so great? Diversity in skillsets is one of them, on every class you feel like you have great powers. That's an amazing design goal. In gw2 its like if you are a uber tryharder and you are ultra good you can make stuff happens that people don't really have a clue what happened to them. That is just not fun, and its just not great class design in the overall picture.

Going back to GW2 there are things i would want for sure, things that would make me really interested and satisfied. One of them is i want every kitten weapon to work for every kitten class, like i truly hate that the cool weapons i want to use on the few classes that can use them they are just not worth using because they are just neglected for years and left  to rot in a dark cellar that will never be found in a thousand years - and only a handful of things work. And in fact i can't even find anything that really suits me here because all the weapon and styles i dream of on the classes that can use them are just so so bad balanced.

I dont care what you devs think, its not that hard to make weapons perform within 10-15% below the most powerful weapons. It just isn't that hard to solve, but the fact is you never have tried to solve in ever coz most weapons have been left to rot for years. There is just no effort there. Guildwars has an amazing skill system, and tons of variety but its just not putting it to good use. Start making all weapons viable without any buts or giving up trying is a good place to start - then bringing back more individual power and more fun instead of overnerfing is another to go from there.

And everytime i come back to gw2 this frustration of the neglect and the non-ability to connect to the things i really want to do rising within me till i cant contain it and leave again. Despite the enormous potential of GW2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

Honestly, spvp has been butchered for all classes. It is just terrible right now, regardless of what you play. But ya… Mesmer is probably the worst spvp performing class.

PvE wise I disagree regarding staff. Staff is currently a great weapon with many options. Mirage as a whole is pretty solid in pve. Chrono not so much. As you mentioned it is clunky. I was hoping the nerfs will be paired with good functionality improvements. Nope 😑. I am just hoping the next elite offers good and fun power build.

PvP is a lost cause.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

tbh i disagree.

Chronomancer, CS is very fitting to what chronomancers theme is, also the "fails" Arent out of ur control. Realistically you chose the placement u will port back to. its entirely player sided if the decision made was bad.

Mirage, yeah 1 less dodge is annoying.. however it is fine, Mirage works very well in PvP.

Staff mesmer, is viable.. its Alacrity build meta realistically, The issue is players want every weapon to be within DPS Reach of one anothert and ignore the Larger picture of boons and more, if u equalised the damage of every weapon.. The same problem would occur in reverse. Staff mesmers perfectly fine in PvP and PvE.

Why is FFXIV More popular then GW2, now ur trying to pin this on class design. well lemme tell u it isnt lol. honestly lets have a look at what could discourage a player playing GW2.

- Bots and Hackers in SPVP.

- abandoned WvWvW systems.

- GW2 requires a higher mechanical Requrement due to actino based combat (No game with this Combat system has gotten as big as FFXIV)

- Less Raids per year.

- Dungeons are Abandoned.

- FFXIV has a amazing Roguelit feature implemented into which offers continous Solo based Challanges

- FFXIV has mercenaries whichallow players to solo even current Dungeons.

- FFXIV lets you play every Class and Tradeskill on the SAME CHARACTER.

- GW2 Lacks Verticle Grind (Which has PROVEN to discourage some MMORPG players from trying the game)

- Failed to advertise the game itself.

- FFXIV Graphics have a larger Audience, There are far more people interested in Anime these days then there are not in games im afraid.

- FFXIV is More optimsied then GW2

- P2P Subscription model. Yes imma say it. Given the fact the 2 LONGEST sustaining highly popular MMORPGS both Support a Subscription based Model is Likely a indication the MMORPG Community dont like f2p games. F2P as a Market kinda crashed and burned in this section of gaming. Why? Because U get less content per month for your money in them.

- GW2 Isnt even remembered. FFXIV is permanantly Remembered. FFXIV is everywhere effectively they advertise MASSIVELY and its talked about in EVERY Game, GW2 isnt. ALOT of people beleive GW2 isnt even still online.it has Less presence in the community.

- Less Competitive content then WoW and FFXIV.

- Hasnt really reiterated or perfected anything.

I don't think FFXIV is a good comparison here either. FFXIV doesn't have mutiple builds per class. Nor any alteration. So how can a game that doesn't have it at all do it better? 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

same, mantra changes, AT change, cooldown increases, -1 dodge made me not want to play the class anymore.
moved on to ranger and Im having a blast, honestly kitten mesmer at this point. There is no hope for the 3 specs anymore, not in pvp.
They might make new espec fun but thats about it.
And when I say ranger I mean soulbeast, as core and druid are just unfun as hell 

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

"- GW2 Lacks Verticle Grind (Which has PROVEN to discourage some MMORPG players from trying the game) "

I'll stop playing the nanosecond they increase grind.

oh no im not stating this is a Disliekd factor.. im saying that each of these points have pros and cons (excluding a few) Which some will and wont like. its like the model ,theres plenty in GW2 that wouldnt of ever played if it did have one, its not a statement saying the games going down a bad path.. or their wrong with this style.

Im just stating.. theres ALOT Of reasons why people could not like GW2 and i dont think mesmers current position is the reason.

imho. Mesmers fine we have Good PvP builds we have good PvE builds.. and one of the best proffessions for role compression avaliable currently, the reason it got nerfs was because it was overpowered. and yeah. anyone who wants to be OP is gonna go ahead and stop playing Mesmer.. but thats not a bad thing.

Mesmers a very different class to any other MMORPG Realistically, its soooo different in its function and very unique. Mesmer is what brought me to GW2 orginally seeing how cool the class was And Im not dissapointed by it in the slightest.

Elementalist and Mesmer are my favorite classes easily and i think its mental people honestly beleive mesmers in a bad state

14 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

There is no hope for the 3 specs anymore, not in pvp.

Kinda hard to say when the top 3 in ranked currently are all mesmers.. ".

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

List of things that bother me:

1. Mantra changes. Loss of charge up bonuses without any compensation. 
  2. Traits with zero or extremely limited use:
    1. Furious Interruption, 
    2. Protected Phantasms, 
    3. Illusionary Inspiration, 
    4. Persistence of Memory, 
    5. Phantasmal Force
  3. Being locked into Duel/Dom/Chrono power for all PvE content. I want to be able to use illusions with shatters but it never makes sense due to the duel/dom power mods available and the low damage of shatters in PvE.
  4. 1 dodge Mirage. It's still the laziest balancing approach to the class.
  5. Things that have the CS exception. If those things are too powerful with CS then change the kitten things. It would be like Renewed Focus not resetting guard elite spec F skills because they are stronger.
  6. Timewarp. I haven't seen this used in WvW since the release of HoT. It's probably the weakest elite skill in this entire game. It certainly doesn't justify the long cooldown. 
  7. Blurred Frenzy. 1s evade with pitiful damage in WvW. It feels horrible these days, though thankfully retaliation is gone now.

• Like 6

The double standards that lead to bastardizing mirage are insane, and we needed a pvp dev who actually cares about making a good game, not pander to the scrubs who don't want to learn.

Balance discord, cmc, the systemic prejudice from devs in particular Karl that has existed since season 1 story; have conspired to keep mesmer shafted.

I refuse to buy the expac and give them money, even if the elite spec seems cool how do we know it wont end up the same as mirage?

Edited by Daishi.6027
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Daishi.6027 said:

The double standards that lead to bastardizing mirage are insane, and we needed a pvp dev who actually cares about making a good game, not pander to the scrubs who don't want to learn.

Balance discord, cmc, the systemic prejudice from devs in particular Karl that has existed since season 1 story; have conspired to keep mesmer shafted.

I refuse to buy the expac and give them money, even if the elite spec seems cool how do we know it wont end up the same as mirage?

I don't rly get where u feel mesmers shafted. 

It's got 2 very strong builds in SPVP

It has a pretty decent WvWvW support chrono build. 

It has 3 main roles in a group + DPS builds throughout fractals and raids. 

We are in a 110% better position then both elementalist and thief. We have more wanted builds then ranger does. Like mesmers easily above the average on the totem pole by a mile. 

Yeah scourge and firebrand are better. But that's litterally the same about every build and proffession currently. 

And tbh guardians are worse in SPVP then mesmer. So we trade blows there. 

We are meta in almost every content of the game?. Like yes loss of 1 dodge isn't a nerf anyone wanted to see. But mesmer is litterally fine with it. I can still blow someone up in under 10 seconds. And I can use a staff build to bunker a point to the litteral end of the game. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

as a pvp veteran and some one who mained war for core, rev for HoT and holo for PoF

and will be maining mesmer for EoD.

and a multi classer in general

mesmer is still one of the more fun to play class,

and is definitely not in the bottom in terms of effectiveness

tho obviously not the top in pvp like thief/scourge/guard/engi/rev either,

but it is still the better class in carrying in ranked for it's mechanics, not so much in organized tournament as it is less about carrying your teammate.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 7/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Incoming defending and justification for this behavior. Edit: Told you.

theres nothing to defend lol, establishing facts isnt "justification" Lol, People like to make out as if Mesmers useless and seem to not like hearing the fact it Actually is by a Mile is fine. heres the fact, ur refering to a issue. Where Mesmers were doing over 50k DPS. Like lets just break this down.,

the current top DPS is 40k. We were 10,000 DPS Above the highest Pure DPS avaliable beside it... while carrying More utility then most Pure DPS Simultaniously. while Doing doing at a 1200 Range on a Simplistic rotation to add here, Like give some context here. because its NUTS that people beleive Mesmer needs a 50,000 DPS build for forums to think their in a "Decent place". it really drives home the Actual Demand here realistically.

you want Mesmer to be Broken, u want it to be overpowered. Because u want to play the best option here. but lets get this straight. Ur Screeching ur "underperforming" in a game which was Cleared by a bunch of  level 74 Core proffessions with 20% boon uptime. lets really drive down the perspective here.

"confuse" facing all comments saying mesmers fine isnt a "Argument". its amazing how little someone actually replies to positive comments on something. and i do wonder if u actually have Examples or Proof here that "mesmers underpowered".

because heres the Reality of the Situation.

If Someones on mesmer doing 38k DPS in a Raid and your Not, its because ur not Playing Properly.

If Someones on mesmer Multiple times over and consistently in the top 10 On their Regions in SPVP and ur not. Its because ur not playing properly.

Mesmers Arent bad and people have time and time again Proved this. Several times over and peoples comeback here is mainly "thats one dude" "just because someone can do well doesnt indicate the class is good". it does, Proffessions arent susposed to be balanced around what they can do at a 50% Percentile Parse. or be balanced in a Average Silver game. its to be Balanced at the top of its Ability. you cant let A handful of players do 100k DPS in raids just so Everyone else can do 40k DPS.

Yes Scourge and FIrebrand are easier to play, and Do perform better then Mesmer. but that doesnt make Mesmer bad, theres a LOONG area between "overpowered" and being "unviable" Not being the best class Doesnt make u the Worst class.

Like this argument about "Staff mesmer should have never been nerfed" Honestly.. has Struck me to want to know wtf is going on... why does Mesmer need a 50k DPS Specc for people to think Mesmers decent? Lol, like honestly... i need context to why People honestly beleive this way. it was doing like 38k DPS with a AFK build lol.

you read every forum here.. and everyone says "X Gets more interesting fun stuff... "Y is better then my class". "Anet hate X proffession" according to this forum. every proffession in the game is "Bad".

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

We are in a 110% better position then both elementalist and thief. We have more wanted builds then ranger does. Like mesmers easily above the average on the totem pole by a mile. 

Pretty much invalidates all ur points. Elementalist perhaps in the aspect of one shot FA build after celestial buff changes they excel in other areas of the game that isn't sPvP. 

Thief on the other hand...I really dont understand where you are coming from but its fcking hilarious that you would think thief is worse then mesmer. That alone just invalidates your opinions.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Pretty much invalidates all ur points. Elementalist perhaps in the aspect of one shot FA build after celestial buff changes they excel in other areas of the game that isn't sPvP. 

We are better then both Ele and Thief in PvE aswell.. and we're better then Elementalist in PvE Also.

1 minute ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Thief on the other hand...I really dont understand where you are coming from but its fcking hilarious that you would think thief is worse then mesmer. That alone just invalidates your opinions.

Name one Raid or Fractal that the demand for thief is higher then Mesmer.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

No. That's not the point of this thread. Please, go bother someone else with your mile-long rants. I'm not interested.

exactly because u have none.. u call a proffession bad.. then have 0 Context to whats bad about it. the point of the thread is to somehow imply Staff Mesmers bad.. while holding a Staff Mirage build in the current meta. the issue isnt players like to "scream nerf about Mesmer". the issue is.. People dont like not being Overpowered.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Mesmers are bad for several reasons:

1. Most build are locked in dueling traitline because of deceptive evasion for clone uptime.

2. Clone is an issue when it comes to sPvP/WvW because of their low pool of hp they often not die before reaching your target.

3. One shot gimmick, unlike FA weavers or other one shot class that have a shorter wind up time, mesmers do not have that luxury.

4. Since the changes to torment dmg + resolution, condi mesmers have taken a hit.

5. One dodge mirage need I say more?

6. Chronos lost their identity in terms of support provided other classes are able to give alacrity and quickness better then chrono when it was suppose to be a chrono thing. (Oh mirages could probably give better alacrity then chrono. LULZ)

7. Glamour is a long lost skill line that has no traits to back it up.

8. Mantra changes and bonuses lost.

Also the only reason why mesmer is in demand isn't because of mesmer as a whole its because of the dumb alacrity buff given to staff mirages. 

This does not mean we are better then those classes it just means that the buff was a bad idea. 

You know you are a mesmer main when you know what is the problem and if the buff was a good one or not even tho it weights into your favor.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

3. One shot gimmick, unlike FA weavers or other one shot class that have a shorter wind up time, mesmers do not have that luxury.

? you must not play mesmer, power mesmer has one of the fastest one shot burst in pvp, other then FA weave, what classes are you trying to imply here.

i know, because i used to play core power one shot mes for fun alot when it one shots people from stealth before the feb 2020 patch

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

exactly because u have none.. u call a proffession bad.. then have 0 Context to whats bad about it. the point of the thread is to somehow imply Staff Mesmers bad.. while holding a Staff Mirage build in the current meta. the issue isnt players like to "scream nerf about Mesmer". the issue is.. People dont like not being Overpowered.

Remember when I posted a spoiler about certain members of this community defending and justifying this behavior? No one called you out. You just called yourself out. Repeatedly. Again, this isn’t the time nor place for your misspelled, lack of grammar, and punctuated nonsense rants.

Please, find someone else to pester for attention.

The point is how certain players ruined the class for the OP in PvP. You are making his point for him. If you want to discuss your justification elsewhere? Fine. But not with me. There’s no point because you don’t listen to opposing opinions.

You only want to post your own agenda ad nauseam on these forums.

Thank you, but no thank you. We have nothing to discuss. And we never will.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4