Legendary armory and trinket effects

I feel Anet adding slumbering and upgraded versions of those trinkets is them lacking the usual foresight about armory functionality even though they were working on it before those trinkets were introduced. To make those people who upgraded slumbering to full not angry they are pissing off the majority of the player base who can't turn their trinket effects off, rather than just making all trinkets have this right away.

• Like 1

It occurred to me reading this thread that the difficulty in implementing this may be due to the nature of their cumulative effects? E.G. If you have Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence, and you were to hypothetically toggle one off, are their effects coded in a way where they can easily drop the cumulative effect from "stage 3" to "stage 2", etc? So perhaps that's where the issue is.

That said, what we really would like is just acknowledgement that "we're working on it" so we can go back to maximum hype.

...and, again, I believe it's widely requested for Infusions as well. Just saying. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DaG.5103 said:

It occurred to me reading this thread that the difficulty in implementing this may be due to the nature of their cumulative effects? E.G. If you have Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence, and you were to hypothetically toggle one off, are their effects coded in a way where they can easily drop the cumulative effect from "stage 3" to "stage 2", etc? So perhaps that's where the issue is.

That said, what we really would like is just acknowledgement that "we're working on it" so we can go back to maximum hype.

...and, again, I believe it's widely requested for Infusions as well. Just saying. 🙂

honestly, I think completely decoupling visual effects from equipment would be best. forget trinkets, forget infusions, forget usables too, just make the effects a separate thing.

at the same time that would also make it easier to add the last legendary item category, legendary infusions.

1 hour ago, Trigarta.3841 said:

Still no reaction by an ANet official? Sad

This is one of those situations where it would be nice to just hear a clarification. Do they plan on adding a toggle to PvE trinkets? How difficult is implementing it? If they are adding a toggle, how long should we expect to wait for it?

• Like 1

As much as I adore the bauble effect of Aurora and Coalescence on my main toon, I'm not fond of it on EVERYONE. I'd very much love for Anet to consider a toggle option for ALL trinkets. If not immediately when the Armory is released, then some time in the very near future. I'd rather not have to craft the Slumbering version because: see my first personal point.

2 hours ago, Tyson.5160 said:

I’m curious, if I add my Conflux, whether I’ll get access to both Conflux and the slumbering Conflux as two separate rings.

Maybe it is the same with slumbering conflux and conflux like it is with sunrise/twilight/eternity, and it would be like:

Account bound legendary items are automatically put into the armory. So slumbering conflux is automatically in the armory and  you can not put it into the mystic forge anymore to create conflux and instead you get some kind of ticket for building conflux but slumbering conflux is not removed from the armory. And after you build conflux you have two legendary rings for the costs of only one. Of course this is only a guess.

13 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Maybe it is the same with slumbering conflux and conflux like it is with sunrise/twilight/eternity, and it would be like:

Account bound legendary items are automatically put into the armory. So slumbering conflux is automatically in the armory and  you can not put it into the mystic forge anymore to create conflux and instead you get some kind of ticket for building conflux but slumbering conflux is not removed from the armory. And after you build conflux you have two legendary rings for the costs of only one. Of course this is only a guess.

Seeing how there'll be a toggle added, there's no reason for slumbering version to exist. They might as well have both versions "rolled" into one in armory -and that would be the regular conflux with a floating ball, which then you can turn on/off in a template interface. But I guess we'll see.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Seeing how there'll be a toggle added, there's no reason for slumbering version to exist. They might as well have both versions "rolled" into one in armory -and that would be the regular conflux with a floating ball, which then you can turn on/off in a template interface. But I guess we'll see.

but there IS a reason for conflux to still have a slumbering version.

conflux is unique, so you can only equip one of it. slumbering conflux is also unique, but you can equip both conflux and slumbering conflux together.

if slumbering conflux gets turned into conflux with the armory, then we lose that functionality.

18 minutes ago, Xoleuph.7014 said:

but there IS a reason for conflux to still have a slumbering version.

conflux is unique, so you can only equip one of it. slumbering conflux is also unique, but you can equip both conflux and slumbering conflux together.

if slumbering conflux gets turned into conflux with the armory, then we lose that functionality.

Oh, true.

e: so slumbering no longer acquirable, but also not unique, so you can still make and use two awakened versions

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1