So This July 13 Game Updates...

... is mainly for the 0.008% of the players? The Twisted Marionette is created for those 0.008% of players who has few full sets of legendaries to play around with many builds at no cost at all? I expect more for this patch and there isn't any balance fixes and I thought the Seraph Wing backpack glider combo will be made available for Black Lion Statuettes but instead we get recycled skins... again?

Boo ANet.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

And so the 4/5% of HM players have been totally forgotten for years now: HOT totally nerf, almost no more fractals, no more new raids, no more meta requiring coordination and reflexion .

The game boils down to spamming 1 with a bus  for months and months (mainly with the saga).And when arena has the misfortune of thinking about them during ONE update, oh my god the drama! don't you feel like you're a little selfish?

guild wars was never intended to address the content only for the casuals. Gw1 had several challenge content, so why not in gw2 .... it is precisely by forgetting them that many HM players have left the game.

it's a bit like telling you, there are few disabled people in the society so we don't have to take care of them...  well yes, everyone must be taken into account

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

I don't think that's fair because everyone has the ability to get their sets of legendaries if they want and everyone can play on the Twisted Marionette event; there's certainly no "if you don't have legendaries you can't play the Twisted Marionette" event. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

... is mainly for the 0.008% of the players? The Twisted Marionette is created for those 0.008% of players who has few full sets of legendaries to play around with many builds at no cost at all? I expect more for this patch and there isn't any balance fixes and I thought the Seraph Wing backpack glider combo will be made available for Black Lion Statuettes but instead we get recycled skins... again?

Boo ANet.

1) 0.008% of players own more than 1 duplicate of a Legendary, it does not mean they are good or bad players. There are often plenty of good players who have just 1 copy of their Legendaries or with just Ascended gear, who are far better. But they just didnt invest in Legendaries because it is time/money consuming. The 0.008% tells us nothing on the amount of good players in GW2, it is actually closer to showing the amount of very rich players in GW2.

2) The Twisted Marionette is a new event(or rather a revamped old deleted event) that many did not get the opportunity to play in the past, or know the mechanics of. It has not even been 24hours and people who just came back from work just want in to try it out and enter without a single clue. It is normal that it fails a lot because people are still not up to par with information. Did you know that we did not kill Tequatl for almost 2 whole days when it was revamped back then? Give it some time and people will start figuring it out. Then people will be on autopilot doing it just like Tequatl. 

3) You do not need to play around with many builds or be extremely good to clear the Twisted Marionette. It does not even come close to the DPS check of a Raid boss, it is actually very lenient. So lenient that my Staff Reaper(by far the very worst DPS weapon a Necromancer can have) can clear a platform, it is that low of a requirement. You just have people messing around right now instead of doing the event correctly, and the way the event was designed(indeed a questionable decision) is that if a single 1 of the 5 platforms wipes(the one or two players on it die), then that event fails. The way the commanders are organizing this is not helping either. They are putting 10 people in each of the 5 lanes, then the 10 people are being paired in random pairs. You would be hard put to find 25 great players who can clear this on the first day of release, let alone having each of these 25 paired correctly with a less good player so they can manage to clear each platform. It is bound to happen that 2 less good players get paired and wipe(thus wiping the event). Again, questionable design decision.

4) The Seraph Wings Backpack will come for Statuettes about 6 months after it was released, that is usually when they put it there. I give you an example, you can try to estimate for yourself: Shimmering Aurora Cape was released on 13 December 2020, and came back for Statuettes on 25 May 2021. You do the math, but as you can see Seraph Wings Backpack still have a few more months to it. I hate this too, I want it too, I am also still frustrated that my keys did not get it, and I am also patiently waiting for it to come back, but I know it is not coming back that soon. 🥺

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, radda.8920 said:

And so the 4/5% of HM players have been totally forgotten for years now: HOT totally nerf, no more new raids, no more meta requiring coordination and reflexion .

The game boils down to spamming 1 with a bus  for months and months (mainly with the saga).And when arena has the misfortune of thinking about them during ONE update, oh my god the drama! don't you feel like you're a little selfish?

guild wars was never intended to address the content only for the casuals. Gw1 had several challenge content, so why not in gw2 .... it is precisely by forgetting them that many HM players have left the game.

HM players are already raiding in FF14 or WoW or pvping in arena / battlegrounds  , it'll take a lot more than an event to bring them back. At this point ANet should just continue coddling the casuals or adopt a proper queue system for raids so people will actually do them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Rukia.4802 said:

HM players are already raiding in FF14 or WoW or pvping in arena / battlegrounds  , it'll take a lot more than an event to bring them back. At this point ANet should just continue coddling the casuals or adopt a proper queue system for raids so people will actually do them.

No they remain a significant number of HM players in pve, I see them all the time in raids, t4/Cm fractals, strikes and some metas. They have the right to have content, we are talking about ONE single update since  the sunqua peak fractal anyway ...

Do you really want to endure mediocre content like dragon storm/DRM on a loop? I admit that I do not understand. It feels so good to have metas that give you a bit of adrenaline.

so much more fun than spamming 1 without looking at your computer.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Rukia.4802 said:

The marionette fight isn't a raid.  It's not even close to a raid. It's an event more like Tequatl or Triple Trouble, except it doesn't take place in the open world. It was an event that was part of living world Season 1 and probably the most popular event in the history of the game. This wasn't brought back for hard core players.  It's aimed at a more casual player base.

Anet needs to leave the public groups open though, and not remove them after a week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The marionette fight isn't a raid.  It's not even close to a raid. It's an event more like Tequatl or Triple Trouble, except it doesn't take place in the open world. It was an event that was part of living world Season 1 and probably the most popular event in the history of the game. This wasn't brought back for hard core players.  It's aimed at a more casual player base.

Anet needs to leave the public groups open though, and not remove them after a week.

And  tequalt and triple trouble took days before being successful while last night full of groups chained the marionette without problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

No they remain a significant number of HM players in pve, I see them all the time in raids, t4/Cm fractals, strikes and some metas. They have the right to have content, we are talking about ONE single update since  the sunqua peak fractal anyway ...

Do you really want to endure mediocre content like dragon storm/DRM on a loop? I admit that I do not understand. It feels so good to have metas that give you a bit of adrenaline.

so much more fun than spamming 1 without looking at your computer.

Entitlement and strawmanning in the same post, how the „hardcore“ players have fallen.

No, players aren‘t entitled to get content developed exclusively for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Entitlement and strawmanning in the same post, how the „hardcore“ players have fallen.

No, players aren‘t entitled to get content developed exclusively for them.

Weird since pvp, wvw and hm pve players have been left out for years while spe grind players have almost every updates (with content) granted to them.

Of course, in all mmo there are updates that target more one audience than another

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, radda.8920 said:

Weird since pvp, wvw and hm pve players have been left out for years while spe grind players have almost every updates (with content) granted to them.

Weird, could it maybe be that Anet allocates resources to certain content, because that content is responsible for their income? I know, it might be a shocker for you, but a corporation is there to make money.

They aren‘t creating that content because players are asking for it, but because that content brings them money. In your case it‘s just players being entitled asking for content.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

What's?? That's not what I am talking about. I was on about the people complaining about the marionette. 

Then you should have specified it, instead of just asking a general question. And yeah, people complaining about it is entitlement. How anet is going to act on the marionette depending of their ingame metrics and player retention is another thing.

Edited by Raknar.4735

9 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Weird, could it maybe be that Anet allocates resources to certain content, because that content is responsible for their income? I know, it might be a shocker for you, but a corporation is there to make money.

They aren‘t creating that content because players are asking for it, but because that content brings them money. In your case it‘s just players being entitled asking for content.

A good game targets all types of audiences to satisfy a good portion of it. 

If arena had been more involved into pvp, wvw and pve challenge by varying the content, I am convinced that more players would have stayed on gw2.

They made lots of mistakes and I think just focusing on the grind when they promised gw2 wouldn't be like this (during the manifesto) is the worst of them. But it's just my opinion, gw 2 deserved better than that.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

A good game targets all types of audiences to satisfy a good portion of it. 

If arena had been more involved in pvp content, wvw and pve challenge by varying the content, I am convinced that more players would have stayed on gw2.

They made lots of mistakes and I think just focusing on the grind when they promised gw2 wouldn't be like this (during the manifesto) is the worst of them. But in my opinion, gw 2 deserved better than that.

A game that targets all types of audiences is going to fail, since it will never be enough for one audience.

It‘s easy to say that Anet should have done more for WvW, PvP, instanced content, JPs, housing, lifeskilling, Stronghold…

But resource allocation is a thing. Resources are limited. Not even games as big as WoW or FFXIV are able to please every audience. The sensible thing is to please the one that is giving the highest monetary return.

There isn‘t much merit in supporting content that only attracts a miniscule amount of players using too many resources, just to please them. It‘s not worth it if the corresponding returns are not there.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

A game that targets all types of audiences is going to fail, since it will never be enough for one audience.

It‘s easy to say that Anet should have done more for WvW, PvP, instanced content, JPs, housing, lifeskilling, Stronghold…

But resource allocation is a thing. Resources are limited. Not even games as big as WoW or FFXIV are able to please every audience. The sensible thing is to please the one that is giving the highest monetary return.

Considering all the disruptios that there was in their studio especially after POF and the changes of strategy several times.. . I'm not sure that they really made the right decisions by targeting only this audience

This game had enormous potential and it will unfortunately remain limited because of the decisions taken.

The worst choice will remain to have let down the pvp players while gw1 had a big reputation at this level

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 1

Just now, radda.8920 said:

Considering all the disruptios that there was in their studio especially after POF and the changes of strategy several times.. . I'm not sure that they really made the right decisions by targeting only this audience

This game had enormous potential and it will unfortunately remain limited because of the decisions taken.

The disruptions after PoF were due to them creating and prototyping new games, and have nothing to do with GW2 or targeting any audience, as those projects never came to see the light of day.

Yeah, this game had enormous potential and still has, yet they waste time on content that doesn‘t draw players in and as a result gets abandoned. Dungeons and raids are a prime example of this. They could have used those resources to instead push WvW. At least they‘ve hopefully finally realised the untapped potential in WvW, if we were to believe their recent blogpost about WvW being a cornerstone from now on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

In this case it failed massively. Unfortunately this fight was very reliant on getting the full map originally and never scaled well to lower number of participants. Anet seems to have forgotten about it when they "adjusted" it to squad size encounter (without actually adjusting it at all).

They really should have reduced the number of platforms (since players are automatically assigned to them, there's no real reason why number of platforms and lanes needs to be the same), and left the public instance (with its bigger size) as th default one (and leave it permanently accessible, and not just something that will disappear in a week)

Definitely - but still there is a need for some adjustments, because in a month or more even a public instance would not be able to get enough players to finish this. Unlike most of the earlier instances, this fight simply doesn't scale down to smaller player groups at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Boo ANet.

Seriously this post gave me a headache.

Marionette has absolutely nothing to do with those that have more legys as the armory can carry. Those are the 0.008% namely.
So no connection/correlation there of any kind...

Legendaries to play around with many builds at no cost?
Uhm ... yes... because a legy is like a few thousand gold vs like 60 if you craft asc pieces. And as legy has no stat advantage there need to be different things to make crafting a legy worth the effort and cost.
And still no connection to marionette. You dont need a specific build fully adapted to marionette only to get the event working. 
Cant spot any argument here.

Not every patch contains balance and new skins and whatnot as Anet alrdy stated that the current ressources are located with Alliances, EoD and DX11.

Your expectations werent met. 
Yeah fine. Something i can at least understand but maybe... dont expect heaven for each patch?
Dunno... i love the armory and Anet releases content even though they work at way larger projects.

And about this "recycled skins...again". Yes. Not everyone buys all skins once they are available. So they will recycle them to give others a chance of buying them.

Greetings

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

And  tequalt and triple trouble took days before being successful while last night full of groups chained the marionette without problem.

Yeah but a lot of us knew the fight. It's not significantly different from the last time we did it, except now we have break bars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

My bad. Based on the context and almost every interaction in the thread being about the marionette I thought it was clear.