Legendary Weapon Reset on Weapon Swap - Use superior ascended?

I'm a HFB in Raids and swap between axe and mace depending on the encounter.
So iwas using Frostfang (Stats and everything selected) and switched to my ascended mace for a different encounter. Now comes the fun part - when i want to switch back to my axe i need to reselect the stats and put the sigills back in every time.
It would be much faster if i get another acended axe and just click once to switch between my both weapons. So is ascended superior to the legendary weapons in the armory?

It would be nice if my stat selections would be safed or if the legendary would be generated into my inventory, like the zentih skins from the achievements panel.

• Like 5

I'm also very frustrated with this. I, for example, use the legendaries on my Mesmer only. When I play Mirage I have 2 weapon sets. One close range and than one long range. I switch my long range set between greatsword and staff depending on the encounter, but now whenever I unequip the legendary it resets, and clears itself out. The only way to keep the settings is if I save it to an equipment template, which is insane because not only are they restricted, you have to pay to unlock more of them. Even then, 6 wouldn't be enough for all my weapon/built combinations. Honestly this feature  feels like a scam to sell templates.

I was all excited about this feature, thinking it would be worth it to spend more time into getting other legendary weapons (other characters would be able to use them as well), but this system only works for armors. The weapon's part of this is simply not functional ,and I'm so very dissapointed.

• Like 4

Because equipment templates should be used for the same stat equipment😂. I’m the strongest advocate for every equipment tab should be for different stats (power, condi, healer, tank) or the niche same stat but all different weapons, not just 1h weapon.  

I wouldn’t mind this idea if anet added a bunch of more templates for cheaper. Right now 6 is too little and expensive. Maybe 12 or 16 for the same price it close to buy 4 extra templates right now.

Edited by Glaciate.3901
  • Confused 1

I agree, the legendary armors....no problem cause you dont need to swap it in and out like weapons do.

But legendary weapons in legendary armory, pain in the kitten. This is especially true when you swap weapons on the fly. Having equipment template alone aint gonna save it. The keyword here is "pain in the kitten". Gosh...I was soo tilted to see my legendary bow's infusions and sigils out in my inventory.

I dunno how to feel about this one.....for legendary armors GREAT stuff. Legendary weapons? If you main a class with multiple builds, swap weapons according to situation...legendary weapon would be...a chore. Let your non main you play use it.

• Like 3

Same thing here, it ended my fun, I have 5 weapons in my warrior, and I change all the time just opening the inventory and clicking, I never had to use templates, it sucks, instead of improving the gameplay they get worse and complicate the process, they turned our weapons into just skins... discouraged here...

Edited by Shaka.2849
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure the reason they added the "free" transmutes to legendary items is because they had to, not as a service to the players but more because they couldn't figure out how to prevent your weapons from losing their Sigils/infusions and skins when being unequipped (since they're no longer actually considered "weapons"), which would've resulted in even more outrage from players being forced to constantly waste transmute charges on every weapon swap.

Betting this lame implementation is due to yet another limitation in the engine/code preventing it from actually being QoL.

• Like 3

I've always thought it wrong for a legendary to have the same status as an ascended, the time, the gold, the commitment, so that the only advantage can change the specifications, this was never fair, ascended weapons are extremely easy to get, I don't understand the from the developers' point of view, I just know that it wasn't worth all the effort and dedication. hard to undestand..

12 minutes ago, Shaka.2849 said:

I've always thought it wrong for a legendary to have the same status as an ascended, the time, the gold, the commitment, so that the only advantage can change the specifications, this was never fair, ascended weapons are extremely easy to get, I don't understand the from the developers' point of view, I just know that it wasn't worth all the effort and dedication. hard to undestand..

It's because a Legendary can become any Ascended piece, with full stats, at a moment's notice and there's no cost associated with swapping out runes/sigils/infusions on the fly. That's the QoL a Legendary is supposed to be: every ascended at once. Unfortunately with Armory, the Legendary weapons are just tedious. The armor and accessories work great, though.

Edited by Caitir.6947

4 hours ago, Shade.8971 said:

Buy templates

1. They are not templates but loadouts. If they were templates, one could save the desired state and go back to it with one simple click.
  2. Loadouts are limited to 6. If someone plays all game modes, that limit is exhausted quickly.
  3. I did buy loadouts for that very reason - but if you bother to think about it for a minute: how stupid is it to waste money on a loadout just for 1 (!) simple weapon swap??

Sorry to say, but your "solution" remains shallow.

4 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I wonder how hard would it be to implement legendaries remember it's configuration per gear template when unequipped.

That would be fantastic! :classic_love:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

22 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:
  1. They are not templates but loadouts. If they were templates, one could save the desired state and go back to it with one simple click.
  2. Loadouts are limited to 6. If someone plays all game modes, that limit is exhausted quickly.
  3. I did buy loadouts for that very reason - but if you bother to think about it for a minute: how stupid is it to waste money on a loadout just for 1 (!) simple weapon swap??

Sorry to say, but your "solution" remains shallow.

That would be fantastic! :classic_love:

It's what anet wants 🤷‍♂️