New path to legendary armor?

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Great job dodging on majority of the post that clearly responded to what you wrote.

Thank you ... I aim to please. I don't plan on waxing academic over every word in a post. You already know I'm not going to do that with you or anyone else. The point is what is important.

and again, that point is ... prevalence of Legendary gear in the game is not reflected by the amount players engage with obtaining it

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Thank you ... I aim to please. 

Again, point is ... prevalence of Legendary gear in the game is not reflected by the amount players engage with obtaining it

Again, I responded to what you wrote, you're just dodging after admitting I'm right. This sarcastic response doesn't change that fact.

"prevalence of legendary gear" has nothing to do with anything here, not with anything you wrote before and not with my post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Until raiding was introduced that had never been true in the game.  The original concept of legendaries was that the skin was what was most important.  "Here it is, I did it, I went through the effort to make this legendary!"  Was what it was about.  When it was only your weapon there was a *minor* utility to being able to switch it for free whenever you wanted, but you'd still hafta switch the rest of your gear the normal way so it didn't really change much for almost anyone.  Now that there are legendary pieces for every slot (except rebreather, I'm looking at you with expectations End of Dragons), there's a world of difference between what a person with full legendary gear can experience vs what someone in all exotics or even all ascended can experience.  That feels like a grotesque deviation from the original spirit of the game, which we called Fashion Wars 2 for a reason.

Very true! It sounds like those people who want the items should do the content to get them. I really liked the wvw legendary armor but didn't have a 5k rank to do it back when it came out. Guess who never got the armor? And that's ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"prevalence of legendary gear" has nothing to do with anything here.

Yeah it does, because that's the point I'm making. Prevalence of Legendary gear in the game is not reflected by the amount players engage with obtaining it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

yeah it does, because that's the point I'm making. Prevalence of Legendary gear in the game is not reflected by the amount players engage with obtaining it

Did you forget what "points you were making" already? Here, remind yourself:

Now you're just dodging.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Now you're just dodging.

No dodging at all. My point is the same and has been. I'm just not going to argue academics about what I said because the point I'm making remains the same. If you disagree with the idea that the number of people engaging in legendary content and making doesn't match the significance of legendary gear ingame, then we can talk about that. I think there is a mismatch there and I think that's an opportunity for Anet to fix to engage more people in continuing to spend time ingame. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No dodging at all. My point is the same and has been. 

It's not. You were talking about "BiS" (which was false), about legendary gear increasing game interest (which also was responded to and in this case is false because people here want to get them for something they're already playing anyways) and about "not need but want" (which is far from being any kind of argument and also was responded).

Now you pretend "prevailance of legendary items" is meaningful here. Not only this is not what you were saying before (because you changed to it after your previous """points""" didn't work out), but also it's meaningless. You know that, which is why all you do now are those vague irrelevant oneliners for the sake of pretending you're still responding, while you dodged on everything and went back on your own words pretending "that's what you were talking about all the time". 🙃 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yup, it's not. My point is that the prevalence of Legendary gear in the game is not reflected by the amount players engage with obtaining it. That's a miss. Again, it's not about need, it's about Anet getting players to engage with content they put in the game. If Anet is cool with continuing to put resources into content that most people never encounter, then I guess there isn't a opening here based on 'engaging players'. I'm pretty sure there is though. 

Exactly they want open world players to do content and that is wvwvw, raids or spvp.

• Confused 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Exactly they want open world players to do content and that is wvwvw, raids or spvp.

And we know that doesn't work right? If it did, we wouldn't be talking about this. So what do you think Anet's overall goal here is? 

Again, I'm pretty sure that given how significant legendary gear is becoming in the game and how it's driving activities, their is a mismatch between that and the number of people engaged in 'legendary getting' . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

And we know that doesn't work right? If it did, we wouldn't be talking about this. So what do you think Anet's overall goal here is? 

Again, I'm pretty sure that given how significant legendary gear is becoming in the game and how it's driving activities, their is a mismatch between that and the number of people engaged in 'legendary getting' . 

Just because we are talking about this doesn't mean it doesn't work. What it means is there are a bunch of people who want the grade without doing the homework. There will ALWAYS be those people in life and you can try to encourage them to push for their goals but they will sit back wanting something catered to their own preferences. Many people see unique rewards and go for them. Myself included. People need to grow up and accept that you don't just get things because you want them. Not in life and not in a game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

Just because we are talking about this doesn't mean it doesn't work. 

I'm pretty sure the numbers of people who have legendaries and the amount that legendary gear profile is increasing in the game is demostration enough that there is a mismatch between the two. 

See here is the concern ... the game starts converging on 'getting legendaries' as a significant endgame activity ... and very few of the people playing the game care. What do you think happens in that situation? 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm pretty sure the numbers of people who have legendaries and the amount that legendary gear profile is increasing in the game is demostration enough that there is a mismatch between the two. 

So what? What's your point? 

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

So what? 

So Anet makes a game that is converging on 'getting legendaries' that the vast majority of the people don't care about doing ... you don't see the problem with that? I do.  If you don't, you aren't really qualified to ask 'so what' in the first place. 

Let's not be obtuse here. There is a  potentially MASSIVE problem with making a game about something that a great number of the players of that game have no interest in. I mean, maybe it's not a problem right now or ever. Then I expect Anet to do exactly what they have been. My point is that there is a missed opportunity for Anet to engage a LARGE portion of the players of this game with legendary gear and the activities that surround it.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

So Anet makes a game that is converging on 'getting legendaries' that the vast majority of the people don't care about doing ... you don't see the problem with that? If you don't, you aren't really qualified to ask 'so what' in the first place. 

What does that even mean?!? The game isn't ABOUT legendaries..... that's such a small part of it. Again, what is your point. please be specific and detailed because I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So now it doesn't work, but also drives activities at the same time 🤔 

And legendary gear isn't really suddenly "becoming significant". Still don't need it for anything. Still easier to be flooded with ascended gear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

What does that even mean?!? The game isn't ABOUT legendaries..... that's such a small part of it. Again, what is your point. please be specific and detailed because I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Actually, it's not as small as you want to pretend it is. I think my point can't be more clear. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Actually, it's not as small as you want to pretend it is. I think my point can't be more clear. 

It absolutely can be more clear..... what are you trying to say?.... 

What does "So Anet makes a game that is converging on 'getting legendaries' that the vast majority of the people don't care about doing" mean?!? Please explain

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So now it doesn't work, but also drives activities at the same time 🤔 

And legendary gear isn't really suddenly "becoming significant". Still don't need it for anything. Still easier to be flooded with ascended gear.

Sure yes. But my point still stands. As the prevalence of legendary gear increases, the mismatch between that and the number of people engaging in getting leg. gear increases. I think that's a big missed opportunity for the game to engage it's players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

It absolutely can be more clear..... what are you trying to say?.... 

What does "So Anet makes a game that is converging on 'getting legendaries' that the vast majority of the people don't care about doing" mean?!? Please explain

I don't really get what you are asking me, so I don't think we have much to say to each other. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you will just have to accept that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure yes. But my point still stands.

Which one of the ones that were already commented on and disproved?

8 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

There's no actual point, whatever point he's making, you can disprove and then he'll immediately move on to trying to make a new one in hopes something sticks. Now suddenly the legendaries are the goal for the whole game, because... um... you don't need it, not BiS, doesn't drive activities but also does at the same time, so... Because he randomizes arguments here and runs from addressing anything that proves him wrong 🙄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't really get what you are asking me, so I don't think we have much to say to each other. If you don't understand what I'm saying, you will just have to accept that. 

So you're saying people don't care about legendaries.... so wtf is your point?!? Why does it matter if people don't care?!?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

So you're saying people don't care about legendaries.... so wtf is your point?!? Why does it matter if people don't care?!?

Because Anet making a game around content that most people don't care about is a pretty bad value-offering to players. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The amount of players in here crying for a casual way to get legendary armor is funny for multiple reasons. 

1. it is supposed to be reward for endgame players, whether you want to admit it or not raids are endgame pve and should reward the best gear else why do them at all ? for the 2 gold per kill and fun company hell no.

2. im sorry but killing ambient creatures in queensdale or mobs in open world is in no way challenging and should not reward the best gear.

3. there are 2 other ways to obtaining legendary armor pick one that suits you.

4. why should everyone who put in effort be screwed by players who can only cry on forums and not put in any effort ? 

and dont tell me its because you cant pick a way to obtain the armor from reading the posts in this thread the only thing that is obvious is that you people cant commit to anything or put in any effort.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3