WvW Taking prisoners [Suggestion]

16 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I would need more details of the imprisonment before I decide.

Will there be Ascended food provided to prisoners, or just Masterwork, or -gasp- Fine?

Are conjugal visits allowed?

Really, need a lot more detail!

There will be torture chamber 😄 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Some of you have problem comprehending this, its not imprison forever, send to spawn or penalty pen  for X amount of time or to another map (no timer)

Elaborated version: 

This could become another mode altogether for GvG . 

The elimination game. 
Send to spawn for X amount of time when you down. 
If you still have players in the field (map) you can respawn. 
When all players in your squad is dead your guild is out. 
Map will shrinks, so you cannot hide in places to troll,  - considering there are perma stealth thief  and mesmer. 

last man/squad standing wins.

Just because we don’t like your idea in any way doesn’t mean we don’t understand it.  We understand it very well.  If you like that type of game play them go find a game that does this. If something like this were implemented in gw2 it would definitely cause an exodus from this game… with me leading the charge.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Some of you have problem comprehending this, its not imprison forever, send to spawn or penalty pen  for X amount of time or to another map (no timer)

Elaborated version: 

This could become another mode altogether for GvG . 

The elimination game. 
Send to spawn for X amount of time when you down. 
If you still have players in the field (map) you can respawn. 
When all players in your squad is dead your guild is out. 
Map will shrinks, so you cannot hide in places to troll,  - considering there are perma stealth thief  and mesmer. 

last man/squad standing wins.

u shouldn't post two completely different things within one topic post btw.

a mapwide deathmatch could work, but it wouldn't (shouldn't or even: couldn't) be exactly Wvw.

sth like "70 ppl of three colors enter the map and its over once all are dead or after 1 hour, if not all died, most living one's team wins" on a random Wvw-style map with the keeps etc / could surely work.

as said, it would not be the classy Wvw then, since it would take part in an extra instance and be played more spvp. (it would need to be outside of the Wvw area bc it'd inferfere with random pugs - a format alike has no place for a single random player - and the ppt scale (while i dont care personally about ppt, it still is part of the system, as unimportant as it is)

map shrinking is not exactly a good way, you kinda try to merge in some ... hows that kiddie game named... fortnite? in. that'd be unnecessary if it mainly is about "who killed most / who has most left" - with that giving points.

...still, this would be rather a spvp format, but a theoretically cool idea then. in heavy opposition to the other  /OP idea 😛

Good idea. If you allow smb to stomp you\take to prison, you deserve some punishment.

Personally, when it comes to rare situation when smb is going to stomp me and there is no chance for help. i do quickly log off\log in back.

Edited by Daredevil.2745

3 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Good idea. If you allow smb to stomp you\take to prison, you deserve some punishment.

Personally, when it comes to rare situation when smb is going to stomp me and there is no chance for help. i do quickly log off\log in back.

hahaha. You do realize that they still get credit for killing you right?   

5 minutes ago, Some Call Me Tim.2319 said:

hahaha. You do realize that they still get credit for killing you right?   

But they don't have a stomp animation and they don't have + additional point for stomping. It counts just a simple kill + they can't drop siege\jump\sit on my corpse. These are the reasons why i never let anyone stomp me. Fast log off\log in is a good option.

Edited by Daredevil.2745

23 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

But they don't have a stomp animation and they don't have + additional point for stomping. It counts just a simple kill + they can't drop siege\jump\sit on my corpse. These are the reasons why i never let anyone stomp me. Fast log off\log in is a good option.

omg.  So that was you?   I don’t  get the point but I suppose my “team” does.  

But I have to say, everytime someone alt-f4’s I am honoured to know to I made you not only die, but actually log right off and have to reload and log back into the game, then wvw.  Man that’s just as good as putting you in prison.  In these days of the points truly meaning absolutely nothing you are punishing only yourself by doing this.  😏

Edited by Some Call Me Tim.2319

On 7/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, Daredevil.2745 said:

not alt f4, esc - log off to charachter selection - log in back immediatly, it takes even less time then waiting for a stomp if the games is installed on SSD

lol. Either way the result is the same.  A kill is registered, I get a bag and in this case the satisfaction of knowing I got you to log off… to apparently save you a few seconds running back from spawn?? 😖

Which, even with SSD, takes longer than the stomp.  😖

Edited by Some Call Me Tim.2319

the one who you kidnap as prisoner will autoport in the nearest tower of yours and becoming the 4th berry node for 4 hours where you can chop him for slabs of meat. coz the 3 nodes are veggies, ore, and wood..

and even if he logs out, he is still there and when he logs in, hell be autoported in wvwvw in that same 4th berry node..

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, Daredevil.2745 said:

you do realise they get more pleasure from making you "rage quit" than actually stomping you....lol They dont know you are logging off to prevent a stomp. They see it as a kid who is pissed that they got owned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

lmao your entire post reeks that you care what other servers think/feel because you dont want them to have the satisfaction of dropping siege on you, letting you bleed out.

Not caring what soem garbage thinks and not allowing them to have satifaction from doing smth are completly different things. I do everything to show them that i have zero respect to garbage on enemy servers.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:51 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

In a blob vs blob situation, who rez their team mate fast is vital, if you don't, they will be taken  prisoners, and if your enemy is clever they send your commander to prison.

Lol, thanx for the laugh. What an awful idea.

• Thanks 1

Here's a thought.  Instead of imprisoning players, how about...hmm...every time you die, you lose the use of one hand for the next 15-30 minutes.  So no more use of 2-handed weapons for those 15 minutes, and you're double-wielding, you either lose skills 1-3 or 4-5. 

BUT to make it even more interesting, anyone taking part in your death ALSO loses the use of one hand for the same time duration.  Oh wait, that would ruin the fun for all those gank squads who like to roam in packs of 5-10 and kill solos.  Nevermind!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Of course, this is a terrible terrible idea, so Anet will probably go for it...

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Confused 1

If this ever happens, I'm going to imprison Indo and lock him in my prison. 
Torture him with my pointy spear everyday until he beg for more.

Err, Serious note. Good idea for open world PvP sandbox game, but I don't think it will work in WvW.  

Commanders are going to get grief so much with this.