Transcendence / no more 20 Tournament wins

I know alot of players that really did  grind and try hard to get these wins now that you remove the need to get 20 wins in Touney to get this specel effect from it / the red orb. When you nerf things like this you just make these things less prestige to have and not so Legendary worthy to have. Return to livin world already give u a free Legendary amulet for almost doin nothing. Dont drop Legendary gear for almost free in this game or stop call them ''Legendary''

Let me hear what you all think about this

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

i have 13 legendaries, i say give each mode a full set of legendaries and call it a day. Make routes for WVW/PVP players to obtain Gen 1 and Gen 2 weapons without having to go to PVE, remove the requirements for PVE to go to WVW/PVP. For the armors give WVW and PVP armors unique skins and remove any item that needs obtaining from PVE. Make Raid armor require only raid items and nothing else. Add rings/amulets/backpacks/and accessories to modes that dont have them. Continue that with the third generation of legendaries being added. This way players can obtain a full set of bis gear by playing in the mode or modes they enjoy.

1 full set of armor + rings/amulets/accessories/backpacks for open world pve.

1 full set of the above for raids

1 full set of the above for pvp

1 full set of the above for wvw

Gen 1, 2 and 3 weapons each with their own unique way to obtain them per mode.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

I'm perfectly fine with what they're doing.
The free legendary with living world is a nice tribute and gift to the community, and honestly, pvp armor  is free compared to raid one.

When you begind to give Legendary gear for free than they should just stop call it Legendary. But that just me and how i think about it

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

I know alot of players that really did  grind and try hard to get these wins now that you remove the need to get 20 wins in Touney to get this specel effect from it / the red orb. When you nerf things like this you just make these things less prestige to have and not so Legendary worthy to have. Return to livin world already give u a free Legendary amulet for almost doin nothing. Dont drop Legendary gear for almost free in this game or stop call them ''Legendary''

Honestly, the tournament wins are easier/faster to get than the ranked pvp wins, where you're forced into solo/duo queue, and you need 100 wins instead of 20. Having made Transcendence, I'd be more bothered if they got rid of the ranked wins, which took way longer to get because of the sheer number of them.

As for the PvE legendary amulet, I'm pretty sure that is going to have its own unique effect, so I don't feel like I've lost anything by other players getting it.

(FWIW, I also don't consider doing 24 weeks of PvE events, gathering, and story "free". I'm still doing it because...grinding this game is what I do, apparently, but...if I only could do one or the other I'd prefer to do the PvP, even with the extra crafting cost.)

Edited by Baron Oakley.1539
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

They did this in WvW already with the rank drop for the sublime chestpiece so it isn't a new thing.  

You really are playing the wrong game if you think legendary armor is the prestige--and even worse if you think people associate PvP/WvW items with prestige.  Prestige in GW2 is all about PvE related things, at this point mostly infusion effects and other visual items.

This is why only the PvE legendary armor set has its own unique look at the moment, because anet doesn't care all that much for the competitive modes.  

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the tournaments.

I get what you are saying, but when it comes to PvP and the amulet, there are far more prestigious items with the gizmos and the additional stuff you need to do to get the effect on the trinket aren't that much beside the tourney wins.

People talk about prestige when I can't even add my so called legendary trinkets to armory bcs they are slumber and blocked out by system. Forced to wait for a vendor to show up in the unknown future while others are already distributing their legendaries freely. This is unfair for people who didn't want orbs effect at the first place.