title for money?

don't get me wrong i am going to prepurchase the expansion pack, but really? title for money? what is the point? title should be earned, i realy think it should be removed or replaced.

titles are on a bad place as  is, don't make them worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Pretty sure every expansion has had a title for pre order.

I remember i was bothered by a lot of things in the way they managed their earlier expansions, which is why I didn't buy heart of thorns before path of fire was a thing so I don't know if that was part of what i didn't like or i just did not notice. anyway just because something was done badly in the past doesn't mean it should be repeated in the future...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Thenme.6491 said:

don't get me wrong i am going to prepurchase the expansion pack, but really? title for money? what is the point? title should be earned, i realy think it should be removed or replaced.

The title was a way of letting people in-game see you supported the new expansion by pre-ordering it before launch. It's called a perk, lots of games do this and I see nothing wrong with a special title. The cape was a nice touch as well. It's also a marketing tactic. If another player sees the title and asks "where did you get that?" guess what, there's another potential customer for Anet. It's brilliant.

• Like 4

How is this any worse than skins in the gem store? They aren't letting you buy.... are there any big titles people even care about in gw2? It gives players a way to show their excitement for the new expansion, a digital t-shirt if you will. 

Honestly I'm excited for it just because shing jea was my main hangout in gw1 way back when.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thenme.6491 said:

First Expansion? Every expansion in the past gave a title.

• Like 1

To be fair most titles in Gw2 are meaningless lol

I doubt i'll really use the new title, the new cape, Raptor and Skiff skins alone will show that I paid for the more expensive version.

I could buy my Ultimate edition right now if I wanted too, but i'm gonna wait till next week after I get paid.
Better safe than sorry right 😄