Bring Alliance into SPVP? AKA for the Horde

Balsa.3951

Having Alliance for WVW and SPVP would that good to create a kinda "We vs Them feel"?

With EOD, Anet start tackle one weakness of GW2 and that's there is not many ways or needs to build friendships in this game.

Fishing Boat and siege turtle are great social bonding tools IMHO.

So Alliance SPVP where u kind of be in a community of steady teammates and steady enemies. Each with their own Flag/ Logo/ 

That way ppl may get more chances to know each other 

or not worth it, PVP community to small?

Just some Brainstorming

PS Anet GZ to EOD I'm sure it will be worth it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well he probably wants to use it to create something closer to a two sided faction vs faction system, hence for the horde/for the alliance.

Basically you wouldn't be matched against anyone on your alliance, and chances are you would be mostly matched against other alliances. So steady teammates, steady'ish enemies.

But... alliances are probably going to be the same size as a regular guilds.... so just use guilds?, although you wouldn't have the bazillion teams with their own flags and logos under the same roof.

I'm not sure if guild mates are not matched against each other in the current system?

Not sure overall if that system is good idea since there's always complaints about going against premades?

I haven't spvp'd in like 5 years, so I'll let actual spvp people answer those parts.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

They're not going to implement anything that could alter sPvP matchmaking since there's already an issue of a small population at the top tier and people trading wins or otherwise utilizing their familiarity with each other to change the outcome of games. It's the same reason why blocking people doesn't affect matchmaking and you can end up in games with someone you've blocked, including on your team.

Also during matches is not the time to socialize—that's for when you're in the sPvP lobby. Everyone's on the same side in the lobby and you can queue together if you want to "hang out" with someone.

They prob wont unless the spvp community picks up. But who knows maybe with an expansion a lot of fresh blood will join the game, and it may change things a bit. I am telling everyone I played with in other games to migrate over we have a new xpack coming and our combat system is better than the other games.

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well he probably wants to use it to create something closer to a two sided faction vs faction system, hence for the horde/for the alliance.

Basically you wouldn't be matched against anyone on your alliance, and chances are you would be mostly matched against other alliances. So steady teammates, steady'ish enemies.

But... alliances are probably going to be the same size as a regular guilds.... so just use guilds?, although you wouldn't have the bazillion teams with their own flags and logos under the same roof.

I'm not sure if guild mates are not matched against each other in the current system?

Not sure overall if that system is good idea since there's always complaints about going against premades?

I haven't spvp'd in like 5 years, so I'll let actual spvp people answer those parts.

I have no idea about sPvP but guild mates can definitely be against each other in WvW, if they're on different servers. I've attacked my own guilds keep before, and killed and been killed by guild mates. (It's not a WvW guild, so it's fine.)

7 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I have no idea about sPvP but guild mates can definitely be against each other in WvW, if they're on different servers. I've attacked my own guilds keep before, and killed and been killed by guild mates. (It's not a WvW guild, so it's fine.)

Um I already know that.... There's no immunity for guild mates, it's by server.

I meant do guild mates get matched against each other in ranked play in spvp if they're not grouped?

The suggestion the OP made could go around that with faction based matching instead.

I assumed they're matched, but like I said haven't been there in years don't know what changes they've made.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

14 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Um I already know that.... There's no immunity for guild mates, it's by server.

I meant do guild mates get matched against each other in ranked play in spvp if they're not grouped?

The suggestion the OP made could go around that with faction based matching instead.

I assumed they're matched, but like I said haven't been there in years don't know what changes they've made.

The matchmaker doesn't care about guilds. I just played against a guild mate some minutes ago in ranked.

It would also make match-manipulation much easier, because players could then decide who they never want in the opposing team.