Eviscerate is stupid.

CalmTheStorm.2364

On 8/2/2021 at 9:34 PM, sneakytails.5629 said:

If they wont do a damage increase then they could at least speed up the cast time to 1/2 a second and remove the aftercast.

I hope it stays 3/4 sec, wich is an easy timing to catch roll. The dmg would be fine if it ignored protection or did 50% increased dmg vs protection.

Maybe fully ignore would be too strong idk.

That would solve the issue without raising the dmg against the builds it does good numbers on regardless.

If they would do something like at level 3 adrenaline, eviscerate has 100% crit chance that might not be so bad (Might fix core warrior too since if were supposed to have level 3s, may as well have level 3 grant extra effects).

I mean it's not asking for a lot, it's still telegraphed and dodge-able.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 2

I can't talk to much about Eviscerate, but the truth is that hit  exactly this dmg as you pointed @CalmTheStorm.2364. But on my Core War build is working very well, we all know that Axe/Axe has a combo that hit very hard.  What maybe you aren't seeing is that GS is 2H weapon and probably by this little detail explain why GS and Hammer achieves more dmg than MH burst of axe,mace or sword easily. I know that has math behind the dmg. But seem to me the only explanation.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

32 minutes ago, kmark.8519 said:

Nowadays I'm using Eviscerate to actually dodge enemy hits when I'm out of endurance... it's that bad.

I'd do it like that too at this rate, and then swap weapons to save adrenaline (Think this only works for core though, spellbreaker eviscerate cancel with weapon swap still consumes adrenaline which is kinda problematic)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

I'd do it like that too at this rate, and then swap weapons to save adrenaline (Think this only works for core though, spellbreaker eviscerate cancel with weapon swap still consumes adrenaline which is kinda problematic)

Retarget your enemy if you are close by and the leap will repath to the target after your 'dodge.' I've leapt behind people retargeted them and gotten Eviscerate off while flanking them.

i don't get why warrior can't have big hitting attacks. Every other class has them and then more sustain. In any warrior build there is only 3-5 skills you actually have to watch for and they all have huge telegraphs. Fighting  warrior in melee should be terrifying but its not. You should have to worry about a 1 shot because its right there in your face plan as day. If a warrior is able to land a stun or time the end of a dodge or evade they should be rewarded with a devastating attack.  I think the highest burst i can land in based warrior is like 7k in full zerk against a glass light armor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

i don't get why warrior can't have big hitting attacks. Every other class has them and then more sustain. In any warrior build there is only 3-5 skills you actually have to watch for and they all have huge telegraphs. Fighting  warrior in melee should be terrifying but its not. You should have to worry about a 1 shot because its right there in your face plan as day. If a warrior is able to land a stun or time the end of a dodge or evade they should be rewarded with a devastating attack.  I think the highest burst i can land in based warrior is like 7k in full zerk against a glass light armor 

This.

Maybe it's different in WvW, but our damage in PvP is paltry compared to other classes...and I run Core War (Str/disc/Defense) with Berserker's Power, Berserker amulet, and fighter rune.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

This.

Maybe it's different in WvW, but our damage in PvP is paltry compared to other classes...and I run Core War (Str/disc/Defense) with Berserker's Power, Berserker amulet, and fighter rune.

The stats are higher, so you  can get spikes above 10k if you are full glass hitting  full glass, but no one really runs full glass there unless they are thieves or memebeasts. Most players are sporting at minimum full marauder gear with either vitality or toughness runes, and some consider THAT as glass.

Keep in mind you can get up to 4k Defense easily there, and the NPC guards give out free resolution to anyone passing by.

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The stats are higher, so you  can get spikes above 10k if you are full glass hitting  full glass, but no one really runs full glass there unless they are thieves or memebeasts. Most players are sporting at minimum full marauder gear with either vitality or toughness runes, and some consider THAT as glass.

Keep in mind you can get up to 4k Defense easily there, and the NPC guards give out free resolution to anyone passing by.

All the more reason to buff Eviscerate's damage, then, right?

7 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

But...we could make them crap their pants more, right?

I mean, who wants a constipated thief?

LMFAO, true the do need a cure for their constipation. My point specifically is that while I do agree that T3 should have a 2.5 scaling not a 2.0 scaling in both PvP and WvW I can tell you that it would instagib glass eles and glass thieves, and would get nerfed again.

Better option might would be to increase all the 3% modifiers to 7% and the 7% modifiers to 10%.

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

LMFAO, true the do need a cure for their constipation. My point specifically is that while I do agree that T3 should have a 2.5 scaling not a 2.0 scaling in both PvP and WvW I can tell you that it would instagib glass eles and glass thieves, and would get nerfed again.

Better option might would be to increase all the 3% modifiers to 7% and the 7% modifiers to 10%.

I could get behind that 🙂 

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I mean I get +8k on Sentinel stats against glass thieves and that isn't even max power. Makes them crap their pants every time.

Warriors do scale better with power and ferocity than other classes which is why their wvw damage is decent but in pvp where the stat totals are low they really lack

29 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Warriors do scale better with power and ferocity than other classes which is why their wvw damage is decent but in pvp where the stat totals are low they really lack

Warriors are stat checks. Since the stats in PvP are lower the stat check is easier to overcome.

That said, we have several 3-5% modifiers that have no business being that low. We have 7% modifiers in GRANDMASTER tier slots, that is too low for a GM tier slot. I think that if those were addressed that you'd see warrior damage complaints (on our end anyway) disappear. 

15 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

There is the signet trait but the only build I've found for it to work in is a bereker rifle build so glassy it makes old school mesmer power slips look like a tank. That being said, I can 1 shot a guard with an unblockable burst 

You can get mileage out of that in WvW as there is more room for error there. That 8k Eviscerate against thieves while in Sentinel gear used that trait and Burst Precision to get that number. 

20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You can get mileage out of that in WvW as there is more room for error there. That 8k Eviscerate against thieves while in Sentinel gear used that trait and Burst Precision to get that number. 

In 2 weeks I'm finally getting leggy armor and I'm a step closer to full leggy. Can't wait for those sweet Sentinel/Knight/Cavalier/Soldier/Valkyrie builds that for so long have me on the edge since I'm stuck on Marauder and Zerker! 

Arms/Strength/Disc Valk Warrior sounding good ngl

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

In 2 weeks I'm finally getting leggy armor and I'm a step closer to full leggy. Can't wait for those sweet Sentinel/Knight/Cavalier/Soldier/Valkyrie builds that for so long have me on the edge since I'm stuck on Marauder and Zerker! 

Well done, congratulations   I finished 5 equipments and more than 15 builds. I tested around those builds on PvP very Hard.

@Grand Marshal.4098 any results on your Hammer/Swords Aristocracy builds?

Zerker and Marauder are very limited Gears. Using Berzerker against good opponents that use ranger as advantage would kill us. Not that toughness save us, but give a better sustain and taunt them to come to meele weapon, and there when they fall on our trap.

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

You're going to have a field day when you get done lol.

19 minutes ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Well done, congratulations   I finished 5 equipments and more than 15 builds. I tested around those builds on PvP very Hard.

@Grand Marshal.4098 any results on your Hammer/Swords Aristocracy builds?

I swapped the swords for Mace Shield. 

Body Blow's bleeding output is very bad at best.. Even though the build has 10 means of landing a CC. Even if you proc most of these 10 bleed stacks are pretty bad even with condi dmg gear. It works the best with Spellbreaker tho cause of FC cover condis and No escape which is pretty good immob spam. Needless to say with so much CC perma weakness is possible in melee. Revenge Counter copying stuff is super useful on condi bombs and although defense would greatly complement this build, Discipline is flat out making the experience very smooth in competitive. 

Unfortunately, pressure is low but it rewards you when interrupting enemies. Doom sigil is mandatory and ideally torment sigil (if you got the gold). Might stays at 20+ at all times, and if you slot some heal on interrupt sigil you can get some good procs (although I think all sigils like that have too long of an ICD to be properly used by us). 

Ultimately, it works. It just needs some good positioning. A condi Mirage in WvW and his condi druid friend (must have been Plat levels iirc had a hard time with me alone. Mirage died and druid escaped cause allies where coming). 

Ofc my tier list on the 3 builds goes:

Highest dmg potential:

1)Burnzerker (King of Fires as I call it) 

2)Core Furious Warrior (LB, Dual Sword) 

3)Body Blow SpB

Highest survivability:

1)Body Blow SpB

2)Core Furious Warrior

3)Burnzerker

Best kite/range:

1)Core Furious Warrior

2)Burnzerker-Body Blow SpB (equal footing, as Zerker got 2 leaps some swiftness and Superspeed, but SpB has hammer launch with stab, stomp and rampage if needed) 

• Like 1