can we change the dagger stance.

Artyport.2084

i dont think theyll change how the dagger is held (unless they plan to release more especs holding dagger in the same way) but each of the new dagger skills reuse the same basic slashing animation and imo its awful to look at

i feel like i can call gs more virtuoso-esque than dagger as it looks right now, the spinning gs laser trumps all of the dagger visuals (tho rip charr/asura with no spinny gs), mirror blade fits very well with the blades theme (rip charr/asura again since they ditch their gs pretty violently vs the other races) and phantasmal berserker has spinning, which i just interpret as a low budget dancing-with-my-weapon animation lol

i would like dagger auto to have its own unique animation, kind of like how gs auto and mirage axe #2 is unique. whatever animation this auto has is going to be seen a lot, it better be something more fancy than angrily slashing at air

imo, ‘bladecall’ should only have the second part where the blades/energies fly towards the mesmer and then generates a blade regardless of whether it hits a foe (maybe only if in combat). for clone/blade generation skill purposes, this skill should be able to do at least that even if it hits nothing, especially since because virtuoso has no IP. the slashing animation can also be replaced with something else as well

unstable bladestorm (dagger #3) should at least incorporate a brief twirl or similar fancy animation in order to summon it

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605
  • Like 2

The way they hold daggers in gw2 mostly refers to how they held/used daggers during the high-medieval/renaissance era. There's a book called "Medieval and Renaissance Dagger Combat" which showcases this well. It's certainly a unique/different approach to dagger wielding compared to how most other games/mmo's handle the weapon. But it's nice to see real-world references and a fresh take!

(This is coming from a Factions super-fanboy who mained Assassin (they hold front-facing daggers) since day one, and still to-date to finish my HoM!)

Edited by Demonhead.7584

6 hours ago, Roda.7468 said:

I have been wanting a more relaxed posture for my mesmer for forever.  Something like one of the idle frames for one handed weapons.

https://imgur.com/YAP5ZCe

Something with the silhouette of a spellsword, not a bruiser.

Something not meant to intimidate, but to feign weakness, only to make your opponent realize that coming close was a bad move.

Yes! All of this!

one of the reasons I play Mesmer is I love the concept of beauty being powerful. Not intimidating or scary. But like a dancer you may move with grace but in order to have that grace you must have strong calves lol