GG WP Arenanet on bringing GW2 to Twitch Prime

Just a quick shout out to Anet. I have been hoping for this kind of news for quite some time now. Paired with GW2 coming to Steam and the new expansion releasing, I am really optimistic about the direction the game is headed and the measures Anet is taking in order to put GW2 on the map. I think this is a great way of bringing in new and returning players! 

• Like 5

My boyfriend sent me the code for twitch prime because he doesn't play the game and I got:

• One 10-slot bag (what)
  • Karma Booster
  • Experience Booster
  • Item Booster
  • Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket

I'm not exactly thrilled with what I got.. but I suppose it's their first time doing it and maybe they're still trying to figure out what's right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dominic.6780 said:

My boyfriend sent me the code for twitch prime because he doesn't play the game and I got:

• One 10-slot bag (what)
  • Karma Booster
  • Experience Booster
  • Item Booster
  • Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket

I'm not exactly thrilled with what I got.. but I suppose it's their first time doing it and maybe they're still trying to figure out what's right.

It is to get new players rather then something for the veterans.

2 hours ago, Dominic.6780 said:

I'm betting the rewards match the level of commitment in the deal between Anet and Prime Gaming.  GW2 doesn't exactly garner a lot of views compared to other games, so Prime Gaming isn't as impacted by its presence, and Anet doesn't like to advertise its game much for some reason.

• Confused 1

idk but you would wonder even why Amazon agreed to partner with Arena.Net/GW2 with this Prime Gaming..

and Steam doesn't even compare to Amazon in terms of  "influence"..

pretty sure Amazon and Arena.net are cooking something epic for the future..

Edited by alcopaul.2156

8 hours ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

idk but you would wonder even why Amazon agreed to partner with Arena.Net/GW2 with this Prime Gaming..

and Steam doesn't even compare to Amazon in terms of  "influence"..

pretty sure Amazon and Arena.net are cooking something epic for the future..

Since we're talking a video game here, you may want to rethink your statement about Steam and Amazon.  Steam as a service has influence that far outweighs any other competitor by a vast distance.  

Also, the Prime Gaming stuff is purely for exposure so that's why the rewards aren't game-breaking.  I mean they're literally free with a Prime membership...which anyone who uses the internet has unless they go out of their way to avoid Amazon.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Since we're talking a video game here, you may want to rethink your statement about Steam and Amazon.  Steam as a service has influence that far outweighs any other competitor by a vast distance.  

Also, the Prime Gaming stuff is purely for exposure so that's why the rewards aren't game-breaking.  I mean they're literally free with a Prime membership...which anyone who uses the internet has unless they go out of their way to avoid Amazon.  

Arena.NET makes collectibles too (like the Aurene that is for sale now). I'll think that they will expand to that area to focus on actual 3d irl art.. or who knows, music/soundtracks even..

and merch - t-shirt, mugs, pins, bagpack..

like, who doesn't want a Zuzu, the Cat of Darkness plushy?

(this merch stuff is too hot and used by popular social media influencers)..

Steam is as dictionary definition of steam as it gets. just .exe files..

and let's be real yo.. Amazon is owned by the richest person alive. idk what company even runs Steam..

And yes, as i've also read here, Arena.NET GW2 uses Amazon servers.

And by that, I stand firmly by what I said earlier..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

I'm betting the rewards match the level of commitment in the deal between Anet and Prime Gaming.  GW2 doesn't exactly garner a lot of views compared to other games, so Prime Gaming isn't as impacted by its presence, and Anet doesn't like to advertise its game much for some reason.

Blame NCSoft. ANet was doing what they could to increase GW2's presence back around 2018/2019 then NCSoft took a chunk of their staff for some failed new IP, then sacked the other chunk in the process, so ANet couldn't properly get themselves the necessary manpower to get this game advertised strongly enough. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Alcopaul sarcastic or living in a barrel?

And Steam has by far the biggest influence in the PC market out there, not Amazon unless its for physical showelware 

Does Steam sell books, rosaries, figurines, guitars, bagpacks, notebooks, fountain pens, rings, etc?

Does Amazon sell boxed or digital download versions of popular games?

So am i being sarcastic?

that's what i thought..

i would even visualize Arena.NET selling a real life version of the Eternity GS (Limited edition) for some fat $$...

.. on Amazon...

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Haha 2