Single player raids / dungeons / fractals / strike missions

Xenn.1602

single player maps are not as vaste and interactive as the ones in an mmo.

there are dozens of people who play mmo like single player games  

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

Already is! With the bots in pvp it could be singleplayer. When it comes to wvw you already can(and i do) never fight other players. 

27 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

No ... just go get a single player RPG, wtf ...

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I diden say stop making content, they will obviously make more content and the ratio will problabey still be those 90% to soloable openworld, drms, story collections etc.

Why cant fractals/dungeons, strikes and raids be about groups and squads mate?

It can be about both mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

And he can, so what's the problem?

(seriously, by "join them solo", I obviously didn't mean "join and fail/quit", lol)

I don't know ... If people can already join and solo instanced content, I guess he just wants more of the same. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know ... If people can already join and solo instanced content, I guess he just wants more of the same. 

Cool, so he (and you) can stop pretending what he's looking for isn't already in the game in some weird attempt to make mmo less mmo. If your goal is to not interact with anyone then wrong genre.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Cool, so he (and you) can stop pretending what he's looking for isn't already in the game.

When they add them, sure. I'm personally not experienced many soloable instanced contents myself. I already addressed the nonsense about 'not an MMO' argument. I won't do it again to argue with you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cool, so he (and you) can stop pretending what he's looking for isn't already in the game in some weird attempt to make mmo less mmo. If your goal is to not interact with anyone then wrong genre.

He just wants to turn non-mmo content like raids/strikes/fractals into non-mmo single player content. I don‘t see the difference, both aren‘t massively-multiplayer.

In fact, only WvW and OW are.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

When they add them, sure.

We just agreed it's already in the game (as you said "he wants more of the same"), so your response here makes no sense.

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm personally not experienced many soloable instanced contents myself. 

Did you already forget about last 3 posts or what's the issue here?

• Confused 4

Tell you what; I don't think it's likely that you'll get entire raids or fractals for a single person, but solo content isn't some one-off thing that happened near launch and then never again, so I think it's fair for the people who like it to request more. The most recent example I can think of is the Arena of the Wolverine which is an adventure that drops you into an instanced solo fight with a tough enemy. It wasn't (and isn't) really my cup of tea, but I can appreciate that some people really love stuff like that.

Can't have solo in an MMO? "Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game" (per Google). It's an MMO - that tells an RPG story. For some people that means playing with others, but also sometimes enjoying solo experiences. It's not fair to say that MMOs aren't meant for varied playstyles, because they absolutely are.

So, in the name of practicality, rather than wanting old content reworked for solo purposes, how about new adventures (and similar) going forward that let people challenge their solo abilities while leaving more lenient forms of the content for others who don't like it as much (Silver, Bronze tiers in this case)?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you already forget about last 3 posts or what's the issue here?

No issue ... I don't see much of what the OP is asking for, if any. You said he can finish them solo ... I doubt that.

The MMO argument doesn't hold water here. Anet will add content to the game they think is appropriate; I doubt that's regulated by 'the rules' about being an MMO. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No issue ... I don't see much of what the OP is asking for, if any.

There's already harder content that's soloable, you somehow "not seeing that" doesn't change anything about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm personally not experienced many soloable instanced contents myself.

Oh but you did. "soloable" just means that it "can be soloed", not that the average person is capable of doing so as this was not the intent of the designers. Single player content on the other hand is designed to be soloed so the devs. expect that those who are the target audience are able to do exactly that.

• Confused 3

There's already harder content that's soloable, you somehow "not seeing that" doesn't change anything about it.

OK .. I don't think that changes the ask here ... OP wants more ... what's YOUR objection to getting more of something you say we get in this game already?

In otherwords, why would someone object to getting more content they know is already present in the game?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

OK .. I don't think that changes the ask here ... OP wants more ... what's YOUR objection?

I already wrote it above. Some people -like you, for example- pretending it's not already in the game, how many times do you need to read the same sentence for it to get through?

And OP didn't ask "for more", OP pretends it's not already a thing in the game as well.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I already wrote it above. Some people -like you, for example- pretending it's not already in the game, how many times do you need to read the same sentence for it to get through?

No, I just wonder if you claim this content already exists, why would you object to more being added based on 'it's an MMO' argument? If what you say is true, then Anet is CLEARLY already onboard with the idea. That seems rather nonsensical. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, I just wonder if you claim this content already exists

And OP didn't ask "for more", OP pretends it's not already a thing in the game as well.

If what you say is true, then Anet is CLEARLY already onboard with the idea. That seems rather nonsensical. 

Nothing about that is nonsensical. The current soloable hard content has a possibility to be completed with other players in order to make it easier. If you can't see the difference between "hard soloable content" and "strictly single player instances" then catch up with the terminology before trying to continue here. There's an option for people wanting harder soloable content without killing the multiplayer spirit of the mmos.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The current soloable hard content has a possibility to be completed with other players in order to make it easier. If you can't see the difference between "hard soloable content" and "strictly single player instances" ...

Exactly ... you said we had content in the game like this already ... but we don't have strictly single player instances on the level or quantity of difficulty the OP is describing. So it seem to me here ... you are just being dismissive of an idea you don't like based on existence of  'soloable hard content' when it has nothing to do with 'strictly single player instances' which is more inline with what the OP is asking for.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Exactly ... you said we had content in the game like this already ...

Because we do. If OP wants harder soloable content, it is already in the game.

but we don't have strictly single player instances on the level or quantity of difficulty the OP is describing.

We don't need them to be "strictly single player", he enters the instances solo and he soloes them, not sure why you insist on pretending that's not a thing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Because we do. If OP wants harder soloable content, it is already in the game.

Sure, but I don't think that's what he's for based on what he's saying. Now who is not making the differentiation between 'strictly single player instance' and 'hard soloable content'? I doubt the OP is looking for another instance designed around multiple players to solo. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4

I've been thinking about this for a little while as well - I understand a lot of people's argument around this being an MMO so in their words "Why add single player content" I think to me the answer to that question would be not to add single player only content but make current content more accessible and less restrictive - without always having to be meta.

My thought would be the introduction of Henchmen and Heroes ala Guild Wars 1 - this would allow players who want to tackle group content as a single player viable - though the optimal "meta" experience would be to complete the content with other players, henchmen and heroes give the opportunity for single players to at least try the content.

This could even have the effect of getting more players comfortable enough with group content to take it on with real players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Based on what exactly?

His whole post. He's not asking for multiple player instances that he can solo because those instances are DESIGNED for multiple players. Seems to me you DON'T want to talk about the thing the OP wants and are being dismissive of it with the argument of 'he can solo instanced team content already'. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5

I kitten hate the argument "iT iS mAsSiVeLy MuLtIpLaYeR sO nO sInGlE pLaYeR cOnTeNt!" 
Maybe I want to do both? Being able to do raids and other group content when I have time and if don't have too much time I want to have something to do on my own?
Maybe I want to have the progression and new content cycles an MMO can provide in constrast to a fairly limited and short single player game?
Maybe I'm more interested in competitive content so sPvP and roaming in WvW with an occasional guild or public raid and I'm not too keen in engaging with others in PvE as well? 

There are plenty of reasons why people would play an MMO over anything else other than raids. 
"MMORPG" does not equal "only full squad hardcore content". I can spend my time online with some friends for various things without the urge to constantly team up with people for "the real content".
Same goes for PvP as there is the same argument but replace "singleplayer game" with "pvp focused game". Maybe I enjoy doing PvE and having different options than ONLY competitive stuff. In the same game. I don't want to start all over in 10 different games when an MMO offers everything at once. They'll probably not excel in every single aspect but asking about specific elements to be improved should be allowed imo.

to be clear: this is not in regards to whether GW2 already has soloable content or not or if the solo-difficulty is appropriate or not. It's targeted at all the people dismissing introducing soloable content in general because "it is an online game".

If I was as cynical as some of you are I'd suggest playing FF14 or WoW if you want raids and group oriented PvE content in general as they were designed to excel in that area. See? It works in both directions.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2