Revenant Legends Utility Changing Position/Hotkey

Feisty.3986

swapping between templates triggers a utility position/hotkey swapping bug

here is how it works

Setup:
Build Template 1:
Main Legend (Right slot) Demon, ANY Off-Legend (Left slot)

Build Template 2:
ANY Main legend (Right Slot), Demon Off-Legen (Left slot)

Change positions of utilities to a non-default arrangement and rememeber the locations

Now Swap from Template 1 to Template 2 and Back to 1
This (The act of swapping Templates) triggers an animation on the F1 ability
When this animation has happened the bug is now "triggered"
From now on when selecting legends, changing utility positions, and changing legends back and forth the utilities get moved to different slots (default slots?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m annoyed that this bug isn’t considered a high priority.  The current implementation seems overly complicated too.  It seems like PvE, PvP, WvW, underwater, and each build template can have their own skill order.  This flexibility isn’t needed since I would assume most players would want the same skill order for all uses of a legend.

It’s very annoying to have to manually fix skills all of the time.  Especially, when you go underwater in WvW in combat and have to adjust to an unexpected skill order on the fly.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just as a reminder: this keeps happening. No patch expansion or beta has fixed this bug for years. Is also particulary bad in PvP since you can't re-arrange your utilities once the match have started, and can ruin your entire match. This class not only has to deal with the lack of utility customization but also with the lack of competent programmers, which have been unable to fix a well known bug for years, a bug which worsens our quality of life despite having paid the same money as other players. This is unnaceptable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

It’s been over two years don’t expect a fix tbh 

Come on. Is not a minor problem. When happens to me in PvP is like riding with 2 gears less in the car: chances of winning that match fastly fades...   And is a programming bug: not a intended feature. They SHOULD have solved it and I'm not surprised they don't do showcases with public or open questions, since ANY Rev player would start his questions with "Wait....  What about my bugs?". They have the whole template system implemented (a feature which earns they money for the extra slots) and is not working in one of the nine classes of the game (and one which is purchased through the buying of an expansion). 

So much inclusivity but Rev users still are in a wheelchair waiting before the stairs for the programmers to DO THEY WORK and build a ramp (solve the bug). I wouldn't accept a "sorry your class is broken, it born handicaped; recast and move on" when a solution is as simple as "code the game to work as intended".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Come on. Is not a minor problem. When happens to me in PvP is like riding with 2 gears less in the car: chances of winning that match fastly fades...   And is a programming bug: not a intended feature. They SHOULD have solved it and I'm not surprised they don't do showcases with public or open questions, since ANY Rev player would start his questions with "Wait....  What about my bugs?". They have the whole template system implemented (a feature which earns they money for the extra slots) and is not working in one of the nine classes of the game (and one which is purchased through the buying of an expansion). 

So much inclusivity but Rev users still are in a wheelchair waiting before the stairs for the programmers to DO THEY WORK and build a ramp (solve the bug). I wouldn't accept a "sorry your class is broken, it born handicaped; recast and move on" when a solution is as simple as "code the game to work as intended".

oh I’m not saying it’s a minor bug.  It’s absolutely a major bug.  I personally have reported it over 400+ times in the game myself. (No joke). 

The reality of the situation is no one cares enough to fix it or else it wouldn’t have been broken for 2+ years.  My comment isn’t “accept it and reroll,” but to instead shed light on the absurdity of the situation (2+ YEARS Unfixed!). I completely agree with “code the game to work as intended.”

• Thanks 2

I've brought this up in previous threads but unfortunately it doesn't get much traction. I stopped playing GW2 over a few months ago out of protest to this near class breaking bug that has existed for a couple years now. I got tired of it removing my entire trait line and skills. It would occur a couple times over a few hours with the last straw in pvp. Players thought I was trolling the match with zero traits and zero utilities equiped. It was bad and I just got tired of having to reset everything. I'd consider returning if and when they might fix it but if the past couple years have shown anything I don't expect this to happen. Quite frankly for arenanet to make money from templates and the game with this type of bug should be a huge issue in the GW2 community. 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder Arenanet, because I've just being killed in WvW due I forgot to check the skills at swapping the game mode and your incompetent template system shuffle my utilities so my Riposting Shadows to avoid the AoEs turned into a Phase Traversal which got me nuked.

Keep adding mecha dragon skins to the gemstore while leaving basic mechanics of the game in this mess of a state for years without adressing the problem or giving a single word about when would be fixed or why never will be fixed is not fun. At all.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 11:53 AM, Buran.3796 said:

Just a reminder Arenanet, because I've just being killed in WvW due I forgot to check the skills at swapping the game mode and your incompetent template system shuffle my utilities so my Riposting Shadows to avoid the AoEs turned into a Phase Traversal which got me nuked.

Keep adding mecha dragon skins to the gemstore while leaving basic mechanics of the game in this mess of a state for years without adressing the problem or giving a single word about when would be fixed or why never will be fixed is not fun. At all.

I still haven't bought end of dragons. Its been 3 years since I have bought gems I think. I spend more money on gw1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No point getting mad over it, as it won't fix anything. If Anet says you should report it as a bug then do so and just wait. Or maybe write to someone from Anet staff you can find on forums, however, be polite. Accept that this may not be thier priority. Accept that it may be not easy fix, not everything is fixed with 3 button clicks. Maybe they even tried to fix it and faced new, worse bugs as result of it.

And if it's something that makes game for you not fun - change class or game completly. And may I remind you that you're not forced to pay anything, you can play core game for free or just pay for expansion once and enjoy vast amount of content.

• Confused 2

You can literally avoid this bug in its entirety by simply making sure that every single Build Template you use has the utility skills loaded in the exact same position across all Legendary stances. A slight bit of brainpower allows us to deduce that it's only the 3 utility skills affected by this bug (as your healing and elite skill will show without issue, as long as they were slotted before), and occurs depending on the order in which your utility skills are placed. The default positions exist as they do for a reason; you'll find that using the standard utility skill order of #1, #2, #3, if applied to any and all Legendary stances across templates, will -never- result in skills disappearing or scrambling if they had been loaded into the template prior.

So. For your Revenant build templates. If you put utility skill #1 into utility slot #2, you have to do so for all other stances in every single build template. No exceptions. If load order is 2-1-3, or 3-2-1, or 3-1-2, whatever you decide to set them as, it must be consistent across -all- your templates in -all- stances.

It's simply due to limitation of the original class mechanic's design which failed to account for the previously non-existent Build Template swapping feature, which is a logical oversight. They're hesitant to touch the coding because it's practically legacy by now, and are seemingly glad to have it fuctioning the way it does without having to revise and mess around with it, potentially ruining the class in any other odd way if they were to do so because untangling legacy code from developers that may not even be around anymore can result in the strangest outcomes.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, khawki.4205 said:

No point getting mad over it, as it won't fix anything. If Anet says you should report it as a bug then do so and just wait. Or maybe write to someone from Anet staff you can find on forums, however, be polite. Accept that this may not be thier priority. Accept that it may be not easy fix, not everything is fixed with 3 button clicks. Maybe they even tried to fix it and faced new, worse bugs as result of it.

And if it's something that makes game for you not fun - change class or game completly. And may I remind you that you're not forced to pay anything, you can play core game for free or just pay for expansion once and enjoy vast amount of content.

The bug has been around for over 2 years. People are rightfully frustrated with it 

2 hours ago, Gayboy.1479 said:

You can literally avoid this bug in its entirety by simply making sure that every single Build Template you use has the utility skills loaded in the exact same position across all Legendary stances. A slight bit of brainpower allows us to deduce that it's only the 3 utility skills affected by this bug (as your healing and elite skill will show without issue, as long as they were slotted before), and occurs depending on the order in which your utility skills are placed. The default positions exist as they do for a reason; you'll find that using the standard utility skill order of #1, #2, #3, if applied to any and all Legendary stances across templates, will -never- result in skills disappearing or scrambling if they had been loaded into the template prior.

So. For your Revenant build templates. If you put utility skill #1 into utility slot #2, you have to do so for all other stances in every single build template. No exceptions. If load order is 2-1-3, or 3-2-1, or 3-1-2, whatever you decide to set them as, it must be consistent across -all- your templates in -all- stances.

It's simply due to limitation of the original class mechanic's design which failed to account for the previously non-existent Build Template swapping feature, which is a logical oversight. They're hesitant to touch the coding because it's practically legacy by now, and are seemingly glad to have it fuctioning the way it does without having to revise and mess around with it, potentially ruining the class in any other odd way if they were to do so because untangling legacy code from developers that may not even be around anymore can result in the strangest outcomes.

This may or may not work, but it still doesn’t fix the issue of literal 6 years+ of muscle memory for people on this class having to relearn it which is obnoxious and unnecessary and the main reason people have been complaining in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, Gayboy.1479 said:

It's simply due to limitation of the original class mechanic's design which failed to account for the previously non-existent Build Template swapping feature, which is a logical oversight.

You're WRONG.

1)  The bug exists for this class before the introduction of the template system, only that having multiple loadouts makes it stand a lot more.

2) The roots of the bug are ingrained in lazyness; doesn't happens with other classes due they have 4 utilities for each kind of skill, so they were forced to CHOSE three utilities amongst four and therefore a predetermined layout never existed for them. When the Revenant was introduced the developement team though that since we  would have 2 legends to swap only three utility skills were enough for us, and that's why a predefined layout was ingrained in the code and made us the black sheep of bugs forever.

3) Just to put this on perspective: my main is a Rev with the 6 templates for gear and traits fully unloaded, followed for a Guardian with 4 unloaded; I have another 11 characters including two other Revs and another Guardian but the others doesn't have extra templates unlocked. I paid REAL MONEY for some of the template slots I unlocked, so I spent hard earned money for a expected quality of life service...   Which is delivered in my Guardian (or any other character) BUT NOT in my Revenant/s. I understand that sometimes the developers of games make changes (balance, for example) which doesn't like to everyone, but if you are charged for a service and it's not delivered, and after years of complaining about the company not only doesn't adresses the bug but keeps mute about the problem and refuses to give any explanation or timeline about it, doesn't it makes this a kind of FRAUD?

This is not like "they thrashed Rev's hammer, is up to you to chose to keep playing it or not", this is "I paid for a feature which keeps malfunctioning for 1/9 of the classes, which happens to be my main so is constantly there". Is really unreasonable to demand a solution and keep hammering about it from time to time so they known that they have homework, we known it and we are still waiting for a response?  Oh, how vile are we the players, asking for a feature which was introduced by Arenanet to increase their earnings but for some reason they are fine keeping it and charging for it despite for some of us doesn't work.

And just to finish: my work is NOT to moan in the forums about it, but fur sure, they work and obligation is to try to solve it. You reap what you saw, karma is a female dog, and if you keep focused on making shiny things for the gem store while ditching to fix  important problems which affects to the gameplay and gaming experience to a share of your customers it will have repercussions. 

• Thanks 5

On 12/15/2021 at 6:22 PM, Buran.3796 said:

You're WRONG.

1)  The bug exists for this class before the introduction of the template system, only that having multiple loadouts makes it stand a lot more.

2) The roots of the bug are ingrained in lazyness; doesn't happens with other classes due they have 4 utilities for each kind of skill, so they were forced to CHOSE three utilities amongst four and therefore a predetermined layout never existed for them. When the Revenant was introduced the developement team though that since we  would have 2 legends to swap only three utility skills were enough for us, and that's why a predefined layout was ingrained in the code and made us the black sheep of bugs forever.

3) Just to put this on perspective: my main is a Rev with the 6 templates for gear and traits fully unloaded, followed for a Guardian with 4 unloaded; I have another 11 characters including two other Revs and another Guardian but the others doesn't have extra templates unlocked. I paid REAL MONEY for some of the template slots I unlocked, so I spent hard earned money for a expected quality of life service...   Which is delivered in my Guardian (or any other character) BUT NOT in my Revenant/s. I understand that sometimes the developers of games make changes (balance, for example) which doesn't like to everyone, but if you are charged for a service and it's not delivered, and after years of complaining about the company not only doesn't adresses the bug but keeps mute about the problem and refuses to give any explanation or timeline about it, doesn't it makes this a kind of FRAUD?

This is not like "they thrashed Rev's hammer, is up to you to chose to keep playing it or not", this is "I paid for a feature which keeps malfunctioning for 1/9 of the classes, which happens to be my main so is constantly there". Is really unreasonable to demand a solution and keep hammering about it from time to time so they known that they have homework, we known it and we are still waiting for a response?  Oh, how vile are we the players, asking for a feature which was introduced by Arenanet to increase their earnings but for some reason they are fine keeping it and charging for it despite for some of us doesn't work.

And just to finish: my work is NOT to moan in the forums about it, but fur sure, they work and obligation is to try to solve it. You reap what you saw, karma is a female dog, and if you keep focused on making shiny things for the gem store while ditching to fix  important problems which affects to the gameplay and gaming experience to a share of your customers it will have repercussions. 

This bug happens to me when I swap builds using a hotkey. The way I deal with it is just use the hotkey again and it has always fixed the order of the skills to what I chose.

• Thanks 1