Switch Blast Gyro Launch to Pull

The Boz.2038

This is a very, very critical QoL change that will do *wonders* for Scrapper (especially those of the QuickScrapper variety) acceptance rates into fractal and raid groups. 

Numbers-wise, this is a 55% breakbar damage nerf of the skill, so bear that in mind as you think about this. In an ideal world, a 5s CD reduction would also be granted, so that Blast and Shredder can be combo'd more effectively as the build's signature move.

QFB provides their team with *so much* other utility and very high damage, other team-quickness providers are very hard-pressed to actually muscle their way into a team past them. Without this, (or significantly more radical buffs in other places), I just don't see QScrappers becoming an equivalent alternative.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

As main heal scrapper i agree constantly changing your location to not push mobs is a bit of pain. Float insted of pull wuld work also.

For thematical reasons, I would prefer a knockdown over a float, simply because I can't imagine how a blast gyro (which is basically just a gyro loaded with bombs) is going to make you float.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

For thematical reasons, I would prefer a knockdown over a float, simply because I can't imagine how a blast gyro (which is basically just a gyro loaded with bombs) is going to make you float.

Electrodynamic. 

in short implosion that polarize space around you after overloading gyro 3s as result of electrostatic blast that as well changing gyro to superconduct pulling evryone that got polarized up to gyro and cuz gyro fly above thay head, thay are "pulled up" to it causing floating....

In not asuras language : anty-gravity bomb

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 2

+1 for the pull idea, it would be awesome to keep ppl in your hammer range instead of kicking em far away :S
Implosion Gyro 🙂 But I think it would feel like Prismatic Singularity then, so float would feel a bit different at least

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Anti-Gravity Gyro, 1 Second Warm Up three to four seconds float around us 🙂

Edited by NeroBoron.7285
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NeroBoron.7285 said:

+1 for the pull idea, it would be awesome to keep ppl in your hammer range instead of kicking em far away :S
Implosion Gyro 🙂 But I think it would feel like Prismatic Singularity then, so float would feel a bit different at least

Anti-Gravity Gyro, 1 Second Warm Up three to four seconds float around us 🙂

It isn't an anti-gravity gyro tho... It is a blast gyro with literally just a bunch of bombs in a net carried around.

For this to make sense thematically, they would have to redesign the gyro in appearance.

Ahh gotcha, I thought you didnt see a float effect thematically for an engineer. Yeah for the Anti Gravity Gyro idea the appearance should changed then. For an implosion or knockdown this isnt needed.

Edited by NeroBoron.7285
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Yeah, this change would be really great.

Currently doing alot of strike missions as heal scrapper, but using blast gyro in cold war feels really bad, since you keep pushing away mobs from your team just for trying to give perma quickness.

Yes I faced this situation too. I really have to worry about it every time I want to use it to keep 100% quickness to party

• 3 months later...

Been doing some raids with my quickscrapper lately. Yes, this is still very, very needed. 

On 8/17/2021 at 12:06 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

It isn't an anti-gravity gyro tho... It is a blast gyro with literally just a bunch of bombs in a net carried around.

For this to make sense thematically, they would have to redesign the gyro in appearance.

Call it Implosion Gyro. Call it Mag Gyro. Whatever. Honestly, not that much is needed cosmetically, given how the rest of just the engineer works.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I’d still also want the old blast gyro effect somewhere, the amount of times I boot 3-4 people off from ledges in WvW… Exhilirating.

Okay.
Okay.
Hear me out.
Radical idea.

Click the skill. Icon flips over to "Detonate".
If you click detonate, you instantly get a huge lunch, but the damage is significantly reduced. Damage increases with how late you detonate; starts at 0.25 power, and increases up to 1.35. If you never click detonate, the damage is doubled (current damage is 2.65 power, so a tiny buff here), and the skill pulls instead.
No, I have no idea what to do with the stupid 0-damage CCs decision that they have in the PvP mode, were this to make it in. Possibly it'd have to be inverted functionality in PvP (instant pull, launch if fully charged).

Not 100% sold on it, but hey, it's an idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

huge lunch

Oooo, what kind, is it something with chicken ?

Jokes aside, I really like that idea, just use it to pull, and activate to push, tho I’d keep the same function in PvP/WvW too in that case, the launch is enough for me to be satisfied, just keep the same power coeffecients in wvw as now, like 0.03 or something.

• Like 1

WvW and PvP has it at 0.01 now.
Problem with click to pull is you more often want the pull, but if you want the launch, you need it *now*, so it IMO makes more sense if the bigger "get away from me" button is more immediately available, but with greatly decreased damage. Pairing the GTFO launch with the big damage hit makes the skill feel crappy in team content. "Oooh, I could get my DPS to go up, and everyone else's DPS goes down!" is not an incentive you want to be making.

Instead of inverting for PvP/WvW, maybe add some other condis to the pull? Like a 5s slow and vuln or something?

6 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Instead of inverting for PvP/WvW, maybe add some other condis to the pull? Like a 5s slow and vuln or something?

Perhaps. All I know is I just want the funny aoe launch.

7 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

"Oooh, I could get my DPS to go up, and everyone else's DPS goes down!"

But that means your personal dps is higher and higher dps in a PuGs mind makes them unable to be the fault of things, hence if you launch the mobs its clearly the fault of tanks that gathered them up 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
39 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Nice, we got a small compromise in upcoming 23 august update

in pve only blast gyro will stun for 3s insted of pushing evrythink up

ty Anet ❤️

Also nice to see that expert examination gets a small buff with this change by providing us with another stun. Still curious why they limited that trait to stuns and dazes only instead of making it on disable. Many of our CCs are launches and knockbacks.

• Like 4