ahahahahahahahahaha reflected

Alpha.1308

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

There's plenty of profession skills that are completely unblockable. 

Spear of Justice,  Full Counter, Swipe, Breaching Strike, Skull Fear.  There's also plenty of traits that have unblockable effects like Magebane Tether, Bountiful Theft, Soul Marks. 

yeh let's give unblockable to mesmer Shatters, what can go wrong.... Fantastic ideas i see. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

yeh let's give unblockable to mesmer Shatters, what can go wrong.... Fantastic ideas i see. 

Bladesong Harmony, new F1 is hitting for 3-7k at 5 blades. Not exactly breaking the bank there.  Warrior dodge roll hits for 1k in PvP so it's already 1/3 of a 5 blade F1.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, mortrialus.3062 said:

Bladesong Harmony, new F1 is hitting for 3-7k at 5 blades. Not exactly breaking the bank there.

Well now we are talking about damage. Mesmer has plenty of damage modifiers, maybe is supposed to be played as a Soulbeast and go full glass. 

Bladesong Harmony has a multiplier of 0.7 by blade (wvw,pvp) . That is plenty of damage by itself and that's not including the traits. Before complaining about damage i would first check why is my build so bad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

F skills don't need to be unblockable, they just need to not be considered a projectile.

Sure, again let's make a 1200 range Shatters totally no reflectable or be affected by projectile destruction.  Let's change the mechanic on which Virtuoso is balanced around. What can go wrong there i am sure that won't cause any future problems...   

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Sure, again let's make a 1200 range Shatters totally no reflectable or be affected by projectile destruction.  Let's change the mechanic on which Virtuoso is balanced around. What can go wrong there i am sure that won't cause any future problems...   

Yes virt is super balanced.

1200 range shatters that deal as less than a half damage than core mesmer, have 3/4 cast time and a delay before it lands the damage, it can be strifed and is reflectable.

Now core F1 deals more than twice the damage, is instant, can't be reflected.

Balanced! 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Well now we are talking about damage. Mesmer has plenty of damage modifiers, maybe is supposed to be played as a Soulbeast and go full glass. 

Bladesong Harmony has a multiplier of 0.7 by blade (wvw,pvp) . That is plenty of damage by itself and that's not including the traits. Before complaining about damage i would first check why is my build so bad. 

True Shot on Guardian with absolutely no set up will crit for 6k+ on the medium target golem.  If you set it up with the F1 for the additional modifiers from traits it'll crit for over 10k on the target golem.   Bladesong harmony has a significantly higher set up, same cast time, and critting for 7k. 

Rapid fire with no set up with deal the same amount of damage 4-6k on a zerker amulet as Bladesong Harmony. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

True Shot on Guardian with absolutely no set up will crit for 6k+ on the medium target golem.  If you set it up with the F1 for the additional modifiers from traits it'll crit for over 10k on the target golem.   Bladesong harmony has a significantly higher set up, same cast time, and critting for 7k. 

DH maybe needs a toning down then.

1 hour ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Rapid fire with no set up with deal the same amount of damage 4-6k on a zerker amulet as Bladesong Harmony. 

2.5 seconds of channelling to deliver the full package is no setup. This just proves you know nothing about the profession. 

Again Virtuoso does not need any unblockable, having skills like the elite Thousand Cuts or any of the shatters not being projectiles would be simply too toxic. Clones can be destroyed blades should be susceptible to it too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

2.5 seconds of channelling to deliver the full package is no setup. This just proves you know nothing about the profession. 

Again Virtuoso does not need any unblockable, having skills like the elite Thousand Cuts or any of the shatters not being projectiles would be simply too toxic. Clones can be destroyed blades should be susceptible to it too. 

You will never hit anything with Thousand Cuts in PvP Ever.   Imagine thinking Thousand Cuts is good in PvP. 

Like I said before, if you think Virtuoso is so godly in PvP how about you go roll one and climb to Plat 3 on it.  Since you're such a godly gamer and all you should be able to stream it in an afternoon. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Imagine thinking people will shatter at 1200 range when all ranged weapons are trash on virt.

Dagger - all it does is damage and even at that it's bad.

GS - Mirror blade without clones hitting just once for 900 damage, you actually need to be at melee for it to bounce on you.

Staff - without clones does no damage.

So, what are the positives aspects of virt shatters again?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Roda.7468 said:

I just think it shouldn't be as lazy as plop down an uncapped field of don't-play-here, and especially not something that you can just accidentally upkeep.

agreed

see Retaliation removal, devs, kthnx

13 hours ago, Roda.7468 said:

And yeah, I'm a really big fan of chaos and mindgames, so I can never get behind thinking of these things like you do physics 101 problems like "imagine a cow that's a perfect sphere on an infinite flat plane."  I'm more unga bunga than that.  I crave the chase.

it's really not even about that, though 

i'm just trying to explain it using absolutely base logic, so it doesn't get muffled by "what ifs"

the simple fact is range is typically always going to be stronger than melee in pvp, it almost always is in games

not hit-for-hit, per say, it's not a dps race

but that's what i'm trying to explain 

yes there are tactics, but that goes both ways

so you need to look at what the baselines are 

and flat out, range just has a distinct advantage 

now, the whole point was me talking about wvw, not spvp, to begin with, so, i'm still trying to explain this as best i can without actually knowing that meta, yet you said it yourself that there's not many people who even play projectiles enough, and that could be any number of reasons

but i highly doubt the reason is "longbow/rifle isn't strong enough" 

in wvw/gvg scenes, you'd get laughed out of groups for trying to bring a ranger or a deadeye  

and half of  it is because they don't bring anything but damage, yes

but it's also mainly due to reflects

if all the bubbles were gone (which i'm not advocating for that, either), then they really wouldn't be AS shunned (they still would, due to lack of group support, but, separate topic)

6 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

This is clearly a L2P issue, Rangers have been playing around the increasing reflections for 9 years.

If ranger players can other more privileged classes can too.

when was it okay for rangers ahahaha

you said this exact same thing another post

it's still a flat out lie and nothing has changed 

stop trying to tell people that rangers apparently "just deal with it" 

their "dealing with it" involves not even touching longbow when they see a reflect, that's not "playing around it", that's outright ignoring the problem

especially considering it's virtuoso's ENTIRE CLASS MECHANIC

it's not just a weapon they get to swap off of, you realize that, right 

38 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Imagine thinking people will shatter at 1200 range when all ranged weapons are trash on virt.

ahhahaahahah right 

imagine A/D strafing an entire class mechanic that involves 3 different buttons and a build up before each of the 3 can even be activated 

who the butts designed this, please fire them

i wouldn't be so rude about it originally and i'd typically try to support devs who just accidentally overlook stuff, IF THEY EVER ACTUALLY LISTENED

but given how much is still in this game that should have been fixed years ago? nah, they need to get it through their heads that this is unacceptable at some point, i tried being nice and defensive, but i just cannot defend these people anymore, it's getting too pathetic to try and do so 

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

If you want to balance things around Virtuoso then you'd need to nerf literally every class right now. Virtuoso damage is just miserable for the amount of effort you need to put in.

No, it's really not. You don't need to stack any resources or buffs to do that damage they mentioned, you just press the button and the damage happens. Virtuoso needs to stack 5 blades beforehand, CC the enemy if you want to squeeze more damage out of Mental Anguish, and then deal with the cast time. The fact that it's a 2.5 second *channel* instead of a 2.5 second *cast time* already makes it better than Virtuoso, as the damage is already happening during those 2.5 seconds.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you're mentioning thousand cuts when it's objectively garbage in pvp, only good for cleaving downed enemies. And the thread isn't even about making the shatters unblockable necessarily, just not make them projectiles so they can easily be dismissed through the myriad of projectile destroy/reflect skills in the game.

Honestly I can't understand your position here. It's extremely obvious to anyone who even half-knows what they're doing in PvP that Virtuoso is sub-par by a very large margin. Why are you insisting so much that it remains in such a bad place?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

It's the worst elite (I would even say skill) on game by far. The tooltip should say 1sec activation 75 recharge "This skill does nothing".

Only reason why it's not the worse elite imo is cuz it's good in PvE and signet of humility exists. When they were doing the first reveal of Virtuoso skills before showing the traits, I was expecting the traits to be loaded with immob, cripple and stuns, because most of the Virtuoso's skills are almost entirely nullified simply by moving.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

Don't think we're on the same page here, ranger NEVER had their core mechanics turning into projectile in the past 9 years. Why are you keep saying mesmer should follow rangers footstep and "learn to play"?

He is comparing an AoE ranged weapon that is useless 1v1 to him dueling people in the middle of the WvW map.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Only reason why it's not the worse elite imo is cuz it's good in PvE and signet of humility exists. When they were doing the first reveal of Virtuoso skills before showing the traits, I was expecting the traits to be loaded with immob, cripple and stuns, because most of the Virtuoso's skills are almost entirely nullified simply by moving.

Signet of Humility does the most Defiance Bar damage out of any 1 single skills. You know, the thing that CC high level mobs? It great there.

7 hours ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

SoH only negative side is the CD. Still it's more useful than "nothing".

• Like 1

Such a great opportunity lost with this projectile profession mechanics.

I was hoping we can have a viable spec in WvW as damage dealer with clones being replaced. Unfortunately, they replace them with projectiles which are almost equally bad in large-scale fights.

It is okay to have some projectiles but not the whole profession mechanics....I can't think of another spec that completely relies on projectiles for pretty much all the damage skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1