Beta test underwhelming

40 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

What will happen when the beta finish and you forget legendary gear on a toon that will be deleted? 

Nothing. The legendary armory makes that irrelevant but even if there was no legendary armory it still wouldn't matter because beta characters have a cloned copy of your shared inventory, bank and wallet. You can spend/use everything and it won't matter because the cloned copy will be deleted at the end of the beta anyway. Just make sure you are actually doing that on beta character and not one of your regular characters.

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Dont people have plenty of living world season 3,4 and ibs currencys to gear up any character they want?

and usualy you have tomes to move around easy aswell, atleast you should have by jut playing the game.

o_O? Why would you need tomes for characters that are already lv80?

On 8/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Dante.1763 said:

And for those who lack armor/weapons/sigils they have no way to test out most of the builds.

Only legendary gear i have for now are weapons(alot), but they dont make up more than a small pittance in stats.

Having stat selectable and swappable gear auto equipped on BETA characters would only help anet collect more data.

My beta characters have three boxes with full sets of stat selectable equipment and a consumables box with a good selection of sigils and runes. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Nothing. The legendary armory makes that irrelevant but even if there was no legendary armory it still wouldn't matter because beta characters have a cloned copy of your shared inventory, bank and wallet. You can spend/use everything and it won't matter because the cloned copy will be deleted at the end of the beta anyway. Just make sure you are actually doing that on beta character and not one of your regular characters.

o_O? Why would you need tomes for characters that are already lv80?

Portal Tomes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

What will happen when the beta finish and you forget legendary gear on a toon that will be deleted? 

Nothing will happen with your real account. 

Beta-Characters use a copy of your real account. So, for example, you can buy (if you have the gold, laurels, currency, etc.) whatever you want with your beta character from vendors and it does not change your real account currency. 

And also: If your toons (this is not only for beta-characters) use legendary gear, the gear is not "on a toon" but in the legendary armory and nothing happens to this legendary gear if you delete the toon.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:

Besides it would promot legendary gear if they made it available to all beta test toons

Please, no. The visual noise would be too much if all beta characters would be completely covered in legendary armor, weapons, back and trinkets.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Please, no. The visual noise would be too much if all beta characters would be completely covered in legendary armor, weapons, back and trinkets.

There doesn't need to be any additional visual clutter. Weapons and armor are mostly covered already. They would just need to supply 7 legendary runes and 8 legendary sigils. A set of Mist Trinkets https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Band_(Infused) and maybe some https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Capacitor

However there is a good reason to provide only exotics and not ascended depending on the percentage of players that are actually using ascended. If the majority do not then providing ascended would give some misleading results.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

You do realize that raid legendary armor is not the only legendary armor in the game.  PvP and WvW legendary versions do not have visual noise and are not shiny.  As for weapons you will just have to deal with it. 

6 hours ago, Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:

You do realize that raid legendary armor is not the only legendary armor in the game.  PvP and WvW legendary versions do not have visual noise and are not shiny.

PvP and WvW legendary armor have the effects (T3) and shiny skin of their precursor. 

6 hours ago, Oslaf Beinir.5842 said:

As for weapons you will just have to deal with it. 

Right now, I don't have to deal with the increased visual clutter, if every beta-character (and not only the accounts that already have "legendary" skins unlocked) would be covered in legendary armor, back item and weapon effects and could have all the floating balls above from the legendary trinkets and I hope this will not change.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

if every beta-character (and not only the accounts that already have "legendary" skins unlocked) would be covered in legendary armor, back item and weapon effects and could have all the floating balls above from the legendary trinkets and I hope this will not change.

I actually suspect that's one of the reasons they haven't gone that way: they would have to duplicate the account wardrobe in addition to the already duplicated wallet, bank, and legendary armory so beta participants wouldn't unlock legendary skins they don't own. From a computer point of view, it's probably not just "another copy like all the others", but rather a non-trivial extra piece of coding that won't give sufficient advantage over stat-selectable exotics to invest the effort.

It's fine. Yes, not perfect but it's a beta it was never meant to be perfect. The reset on relaunch of character isn't the best but people shouldn't be investing tons of time within the beta. It's meant to for a quick look and trail and feedback. It's mostly will change from now to release. 

I mean if you're going to go all out with a beta event, go all out with equipment. 

Non stat Ascended level armor and accessories.

Non stat Ascended level weapons in your inventory

As far as Runes and Sigils go, just give the player 6 boxes of runes and 8 boxes of sigils. Each rune/sigil box would function like most selectable gear boxes. You select the runes you want, a box would be expended. This is a better method than opening up one box and having it puke out a whole bunch of stuff you don't want/need and it's a lot cleaner too.

As far as food and utility items. Same as runes and sigils. Let the player select from a list of choices. 

If the player needs to re-roll, delete the character and go again.

• Like 1

Agree, i just barely managed to take my harbinger to Fractals, but still couldn't really compare it to others, since i don't have tormenting runes, which would be 100% necessary to the build due to not being able to get over 50% condi duration with just vipers.

Its really limiting.

They really should add, instead of all those chests, a bunch of "BETA Legendary" gear, including runes and sigils, and infusions for 150 AR. That would allow everyone to experience and fully test several builds instead of having to linger on whichever one they manage to complete with what they give away.

Because, they're going to look at our choices to draw conclusions, but those choices are already biased due to limited availability of gear on most people.

Not only that, since the betas are now open to everyone, this would give people that don't think legendaries are worth it (there are still a lot of those), a taste of  how really useful the Legendary Armory made them.

And since the inventory and unlocks of beta characters are self-contained it shouldn't really have any draw backs.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, Zok.4956 said:

They could just make legendary items that have the bronze armor skin and no effects.

Edited by ReaverKane.7598
  • Like 1

For years now we have been saying we want to see new content as soon as they have something to show us. Now, they have finally did exactly what we asked for. (I guess they've could of done that earlier but I will guess this has something to do with the return of Colin and Josh) They've given us new content not only to see how it looks but to experience it. And they've given that to everyone.

Now a bunch of whiny crybabies says this is not enough? It is a BETA ONE kitten. It was meant for us to get a glimpse on new specs and for them to get first hand feedback on same. It wasn't meant to satisfy your every desire.

Sure some things could be done better but if you don't like it - don't play it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

Agree, i just barely managed to take my harbinger to Fractals, but still couldn't really compare it to others, since i don't have tormenting runes, which would be 100% necessary to the build due to not being able to get over 50% condi duration with just vipers.

Its really limiting.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta

"Beta characters do not share normal account-wide inventory with non-beta characters, e.g., wallet, shared inventory slots, and bank access."

The moment you create new beta character you bank and storage gets copied for beta character.

You can buy tormenting runes on regular character. Then create new beta character and use the runes for testing. On non-beta character you can then sell those runes if you don't need them. You will lose only buy/sell difference. (~5-10g edit: if you do it smartly you might even profit from it) You will still have them on beta character.

Edited by Rod.6581
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Rod.6581 said:

"Beta characters do not share normal account-wide inventory with non-beta characters, e.g., wallet, shared inventory slots, and bank access."

The moment you create new beta character you bank and storage gets copied for beta character.

You can buy tormenting runes on regular character. Then create new beta character and use the runes for testing. On non-beta character you can then sell those runes if you don't need them. You will lose only buy/sell difference. (~5-10g edit: if you do it smartly you might even profit from it) You will still have them on beta character.

Beta charaters cant use a beta trading post?

3 hours ago, Rod.6581 said:

Great, so i have to spend gold for what's basically Arena Net's benefit? While they can just give access to legendary items, or just ways to access proper build items in the beta?

Makes sense. Its in everyone's benefit if the beta is as close to the real experience as possible, for example tormenting runes will mean a HUGE difference in power on what's already the most overtuned elite spec of the 3. And if the majority don't access proper runes, its going to fly a bit under the radar.

Also, your theory is all well and good assuming you've already had enough info to properly theorycraft a build, which isn't really the case, since you can find new alternatives after hands on experience.

2 hours ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

Great, so i have to spend gold for what's basically Arena Net's benefit? While they can just give access to legendary items, or just ways to access proper build items in the beta?

Makes sense. Its in everyone's benefit if the beta is as close to the real experience as possible, for example tormenting runes will mean a HUGE difference in power on what's already the most overtuned elite spec of the 3. And if the majority don't access proper runes, its going to fly a bit under the radar.

Also, your theory is all well and good assuming you've already had enough info to properly theorycraft a build, which isn't really the case, since you can find new alternatives after hands on experience.

So, you are saying it's too much for you to spend few golds to try and min-max a build. Even if it's just for testing purposes. And even if it is possible to actually benefit from it if you play it smart.

Have you ever tried to do this before or is this your first time? Have you actually played T4 fractals before or are you testing this on T1 or T2?

2 hours ago, Rod.6581 said:

So, you are saying it's too much for you to spend few golds to try and min-max a build. Even if it's just for testing purposes. And even if it is possible to actually benefit from it if you play it smart.

Have you ever tried to do this before or is this your first time? Have you actually played T4 fractals before or are you testing this on T1 or T2?

If i could predict the future i'd be a billionaire... But since i am not, i don't know what runes i'll need.

If i was doing T1 or T2 i wouldn't be concerned... But the plan was actually to do CMs, which were foiled due to the lack of good runes...
Sill, even with Scavenger runes i managed to do T4 with Harbinger. Also did it with Willbender too.

I've also participated in all the previous beta tests, but i limited my participation to sPvP and open world, mostly cause those were the areas where the available gear was better suited. And i wasn't as active in Fractals and Raids at that time, so not use testing it out of where my references were.

Thing is, back then i also didn't care as much, and they didn't have a tool that would allow for a better testing environment (the armory), which they do now.

You see, unlike you, who's intention is apparently to feel smart, my intention is only to help improve the game by making, and endorsing suggestions that will improve future beta tests. From you, all i'm getting is "look at me, i'm smart, this suggestion is stupid, cause i'm so smart i don't want this to be in the future, cause it would invalidate me feeling this smart".

Edited by ReaverKane.7598

5 minutes ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

If i could predict the future i'd be a billionaire... But since i am not, i don't know what runes i'll need.

Yup, that's it. You are just wasting everyone's time. Even if you had access to all legendary items you still wouldn't know how to properly test it. Let alone how to communicate your results. 

1 minute ago, Rod.6581 said:

Yup, that's it. You are just wasting everyone's time. Even if you had access to all legendary items you still wouldn't know how to properly test it. Let alone how to communicate your results. 

Sure dude... Whatever you say.
You're really intelligent and knowledgable, sure.

We all aspire to be you, now, let the people interested in the discussion at hand discuss it.