When Guild Wars 2 first launched, it was expected that the core game and each expansion would allow the player to slay each of the Elder Dragons. The Core game had us fight against Zhaitan, but unlike the original GW, they did not have secondary professions, although they did add a gang of weapons and underwater combat. Heart of Thorns had us up against Mordremoth, added elite specializations to adjust to the lack of secondary professions, added a gliding mastery system to the game, and a new profession. Path of Fire did not have us going after another Elder Dragon, although that battle happened in living word 4 where we fought Kralkatorrik, but we gained another elite specialization. More importantly, we have mounts, which most players through we'd never get in a GW franchise.
So now... we slain 3 of 6 Elder Dragons, I think what's next to come is... the next 3 dragons and another 3 elites.
After doing some searching and putting my own logic and interest in the mix. I think I came across some great ideas for the next elites and possibly, some other expansion ideas.
Let look at what we have and could have, shall we...
1) Berserker with a Torch, Rage skills and Berserker mode which gives new Berserker Bursts abilities.
2) Spell Breaker with dual Daggers, Meditations, and Full Counters mechanic that absorbs and counter attacks surrounding foes.
*3) Warlord with Melee Staff, hired Recruits, and Marks to aid allies on the battlefield.
*4) Champion with a main hand Shield, Punishment abilities that weakens or leaves foes vulnerable, and Protection mechanic, gives a barrier and tethers to allies, to absorb damage.
*5) Ravager with dual Pistols, Traps, and Ravage Burst mechanic which provides more of an area effect damage.
1) Dragonhunter with Long Bows, Traps, and the ability turn their Virtues into Physical Constructs.
2) Firebrands with a main hand Axe, Mantras, and changes their Virtues in to Tomes of several spells.
*3) Archon with an off hand Sword, glyphs, and the ability to attune to a Virtue at a time.
*4) Summoner with a War Horn, Summon mythical creatures for aid, and convert Virtues into Virtuous Pets
*5) Mystic with main hand Focus, Arcane Spells, and Virtuous Burst abilities.
1) Hearld with a Shield, conjuring Dragon abilities, and able to tap into the Dragon Legend to buff them and their allies.
2) Renegade with Short Bow, able to summon spiritual combatants, and harness a Legendary Warrior's ability to command ancient forces and charging your allies for battle.
*3) Overlord with dual Scepters, able to summon minions from the mist, and Over Charge their connection to their attune legend.
*4) Mist Walker with dual Pistols, the ability to use the mist offensive and defensively, and Merge Legend abilities.
*5) Rift Slayer with a Great Sword, and able to cast dimensional spells, and the timely ability to open or close a dimensional gate which exceeds their abilities.
1) Druid with a Staff, glyphs, and the ability to turn into a Celestial Avatar
2) Soulbeast with a main hand Dagger, combat stances, and the ability to take in the spirit of their pet granting them animalistic abilities.
*3) Shaman with a off hand Focus, summoning Totems that buff them and their allies, and having the ability to transform into their pet, having all of their pets' abilities.
*4) Warden with an off hand Shield, summoning herds and commanding nature to do their bidding, along with controlling 2 pets at the same time.
*5) Wanderer with a Hammer, having shouts to stifle their foes, and can summon random pets for a brief moment of time.
1) Scrapper with a Hammer, having mechanical Gyros that place wells at their destruction, and a personal gyro that revive an ally or finish a foe.
2) Holosmith with a main hand Sword, the ability to conjure hard light, and the ability to Exceed their normal light abilities before they overheat.
*3) Machinist- with a main hand Mace, they can create gear for them and their allies, and their new mechanic allows them to use their gears to assemble into a Battle Mech.
*4) Technomancer with a Great Sword, and Physical Cybrotronics abilities, and Mana that alters their Cybrotronics.
*5) Med Tech with an off hand Focus, Preparation skills, along with Biomatrix mechanic for buffing them and their allies.
1) Daredevil with a Melee Staff, Physical Skills for attacking foes, and offensive and defensive Dodge abilities.
2) Deadeye with a Rifle, cantrips for manipulating foes, and a Deadeye Mark and Malice mechanic to cause extra damage to marked targets.
*3) Inquisitor with a Torch, Survival Skills to allude foes or buff abilities, and an Intuition mechanic that uses the initiative as a bonus to combat.
*4) Reaver with dual Maces, summoning their Thieves Guild to aid in combat, and their Steal abilities a Counter in combat.
*5) Shadow Mage with an off hand Focus, Arcane Shadow spells, and can summon a Shadow Thief to steal from a distance.
1) Tempest with a War Horn and Shouts to command the weather and elements, and the ability to Overcharge their attunements, cause mass devastation in their wake.
2) Weaver with a main hand sword, combat Stances to manipulate the elements, and the ability to control two separate elements at the same time.
*3) Magus with a main hand Focus, able to cast Consecration Spells, and the ability to Sub-attune, granting the benefits of other elements, while no longer able to swap attunements.
*4) Rune Master with a Long Bow, able to cast Elemental Wells, and Mark the ground with elemental symbols when they attune, buffing allies and damaging foes.
*5) Arcanist with an off hand Scepter, the ability use Mantras, and attune to a 5th Element "the Arcane"
1) Chronomancer with a Shield, Wells to control time, and a new mechanic Continuum Split, so they can go back in time.
2) Mirage with a main hand Axe, Deception spells, and a Mirage Cloak that allows them to evade attacks without even moving.
*3) Enchanter with a Short Bow, enchanting Shouts, with their Shatter Skills having new abilities, making their clones Enchantments, buffing the allies close by instead of damaging foes.
*4) Psionic with a main hand Pistol, Sabotage skills work like Cantrips, and they have only have one Clone at a time but can be treated as 3 clones in 1.
*5) Conjurer with dual Daggers, that can Summon illusionary beasts that later turns to clones, and conjure 5 clones instead of 3, but the shatter ability only effects foes around the caster.
1) Reaper with Great Sword, Shouts that frighten their opponents, and a Reaper Shroud for close combat.
2) Scourge with a Torch, Punishment abilities that torment and corrupt, and summons Shades to damaging foes close by.
*3) Diabolist with a Hammer, able to cast Tricks that damage foes, and can transform into a Demon Shroud.
*4) Death Stalker with a Rifle, Traps, and Stalking Spirits mechanics that can revive an ally or finish a foe.
*5) Warlock with a off hand Shield, Glyphs, and a new mechanic that turns their life force into a Burst depending on their main hand weapon.
As far as other mechanics to the game, I'm hoping that more underwater exploration comes, on water combat. More races, like Tengu and Largos. More Ranger Pets like Wisps, Crocodiles, and Ferrets.